What are you currently Reading? (2 Viewers)

boris

Banned
HSC
doopsta786 said:
twilight eclipse stephenie meyer like hal way through when irelaized i have a ssessment due on monday which i hadnt satrted ekkk
lol.

Still my dinosaur book. Im up to the letter F

rokkuguhyo

HSC
I'm rereading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer, and as I'm reading it I think "What the hell did I ever see in this book?" :uhoh:

Mind-Revolution

Nothing Else Matters...
HSC
N/A
Zozaline said:
I studied that in ext 1 prelim last year, i liked it better after analysing it though. If you havent alreaddy you should read his short stories like "Franny and Zooey" and "For Esme with Love and Squalor". love for salinger.

and i havent been reading anything, just doing homework and playing fable 2 lol
Your Extension One actually sounds a bit interesting. I may look into it, thanks.

Nothing wrong with gaming.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
My Life So Far - Jane Fonda

I would urge all young women to read this autobiography. It is amazing. Such an inspiring woman who has dealt with such immense personal tragedy and identity issues - there is much to be learned from her, and she tells her stories with such honesty and eloquence. Beautiful.

PsychoNerd

HSC
I love Matthew Rielly Books, he's australian and wrights great action novels.
can anybody recomend another wrighter who does great action novels... no thrillers.

Omie Jay

gone
HSC
Action wise, the bourne books are good (identity, supremacy, ultimatum). btw these are not film adaptations, these are the original bourne stories. Ive only read the first 2, because they only had the large print of ultimatum in stock a my library and it was embarrassing to read, and boring too.
The books are okay...like..theres heaps of talking bits, and talking, and politics, and talking, but when u get to the action...its as cool as the movies. Such awesome action scenes, its a shame theres more talking scenes than action scenes, but if ur patient then its a definate read.

btw author is Robert Ludlum, i think.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
PsychoNerd said:
I love Matthew Rielly Books, he's australian and wrights great action novels.
can anybody recomend another wrighter who does great action novels... no thrillers.
For fiction, you can't go past Tom Clancy. Possibly Dale Brown (not to be confused with Dan Brown) as well, but Clancy is in a league of his own. If you're going with Clancy, start with Red Storm Rising, as it is one of his most action-packed and it doesn't use any characters from previous novels.
However, i would highly recommend that you look into military history books for a good action fix, as they often have no need for a long background story, as it is assumed you know the reasons behind the war, which means more action, sooner. For this i would recommend Peter FitzSimons' (the former Wallaby and current journalist) historical recounts of the Kokoda Track and the Battle for Tobruk in WWII. Also of interest to me was the book version of Black Hawk Down, written by Mark Bowden.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
just started reading Deception Point - the only Dan Brown novel i havnt read so far

PsychoNerd

HSC
yeah, i hate politics, i want somthing not somuch tied to world events and more on totally ficinal things, sci-fi is good. i also like a bit of depth in the characters.

What books make you sad when they finish.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
PsychoNerd said:
yeah, i hate politics, i want somthing not somuch tied to world events and more on totally ficinal things, sci-fi is good. i also like a bit of depth in the characters.

What books make you sad when they finish.
Starship Troopers - Heinlen
Animal Farm - Orwell
Brave New World - Huxley
End of Poverty - Sachs
Martin the Warrior - Jacques
Scarecrow - Reilly

PsychoNerd

HSC
i love scarecrow, i want the five greatest warriors. but i never want the series to end, i need t check out these other books

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Silver Persian said:
100 pages until I finish War and Peace!11!!2#!!

Then I think I will read Lolita by Nabakov
I'm only up to about page 180. :(
Book three, chapter 6 i think it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)