What are you currently Reading? (5 Viewers)

Aznpsycho

Supplies!
HSC
N/A
I'm rereading Snow Crash because it is a brilliantly hilarious and clever book, and I want Neal Stephenson's manbabies. I also know for a fact that not enough people will read this post, simply because this thread is too large for anybody to bother with.

walrusbear

HSC
the weakness of this thread is the zero interaction between posts
no one really cares what everyone else is reading, seemingly

J

jhakka

The problem is that it is a list thread, when it comes down to it.

PaleReflection said:
So, what is everyone reading right now?

After all, this is the reading room. It needs a thread like this!

Please tell us its title, author, and what you think of it!

It's also part of the reason I started my "Review the last book you read" thread. At least then people can have a bit of a talk about the books, even if it is still a bit list-like.

walrusbear

HSC
reviews are good

more comments on other books
and recommendations

HSC
N/A
People could always make a paragraph about how they're liking the book so far? rather than just the title..

Reading: Girl Walking Backwards - Bett Williams

The book rules, it's the 5th time i've read it lol and I got it for my birthday so I decided to reread it. Short book, easy read :eek:

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
See people, you've already turned it from a list thread to a small discussion thread! Good work! :p

boheme789

HSC
walrusbear and benny, if you're still reading through these posts- agreed, Dance Dance Dance was awesome. Hmm I haven't been here for ages.... anyway, I found it really fluid and flippant and engaging and mysterious (I could go on forever) and basically just fun.

I'm starting to have huge issues with translations though- not just Murakami, but a while ago I read two separate translations of Anna Karenina and found that it made a huge difference, so much can get lost in translation... damn, if only I spoke other languages...

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
The Silmarillion by J.R.R Tolkien

This is a basically, in my words, a bible to the creation of Middle Earth. Explaining how each creature was created, where the gods came from, explaining the beginning of good verse evil... etc.. So it's a pretty deep explanation. It gets a little too much at times...the writing style gets a little hard to follow, but that's probably to be expected from a guy who was an english professor :) I'm enjoying it. Also inside is little maps of middle earth, family trees of the main characters...even translations of elven names. It's probably best left to Tolkien fans or people who just love the fantasy genre.

k8kate

Class of 06
HSC
"The Shipping News" By Annie Proulx for EnglishX
But everyone should read The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho, I am in love with it!
Just finished Life of Pi, overrated and flat.

marchetta

shut up and do me
HSC
An Imaginative Woman by Thomas Hardy. I thought the story would be dull and boring, but it was actually quite good, despite the fact it was a bit anti feminist, lol. Had a sad ending though, but yeah, i stil loved it :)

piccaninny

invisible
HSC
i'm reading at the moment George Pell's biography, by Tess Livingstone, i'm big fan of George Pell, although i'm not a catholic

ediisjoz

HSC
i just finished (last night) reading
"When In Rome" by Penelope Green. it's a good related text for the Standard English topic of Inner Journeys!

very good book, i couldn't put it down!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)