What are you currently Reading? (1 Viewer)

duckofdoom

Ellie-Jelly
HSC
Mutants On The Form, Varieties and Errors of the Human Body by Armand Marie Leroi

very interesting read. I recommend it to anybody who enjoys anatomy or biology :)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
I read Slash's autobiography over the holidays.

I don't recommend it. It's mostly a list of places and people he's known, pretty boring really.

The Dirt (Motley Crue) is much better.

HSC
Kwayera said:
Actually it's William Horwood :)

I found his Callanish and Wolves of Time series to be more entertaining though.
lol. it is too. my favourite series of books and I fucked the author's name.
:D

R3volver

Replicant
HSC
On the Road by John Kerouac and The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald (ftw).

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
R3volver said:
On the Road by John Kerouac and The Great Gatsby by Scott Fitzgerald (ftw).
Both are fantastic books.

Why are you reading them at the same time?

I'm working my way through the short stories of Joyce in Dubliners and have just started "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd. Looks simple and fun.

R3volver

Replicant
HSC
Tulipa said:
Both are fantastic books.

Why are you reading them at the same time?

I'm working my way through the short stories of Joyce in Dubliners and have just started "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd. Looks simple and fun.
Hehe well, I couldn't really wait to finish one, and then to start another, so I decided to read them at the same time. \o/

Dubliners is an excellent book. The Dead was my favourite.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
yosemite sam said:
Diary by Chuck Palahniuk.
Not as good as Fight Club or Invisible Monsters.
Haunted is awesome. My favorite of his.

R3volver said:
I was thinking about reading that next.

Did you like it?
I had to read it for a class but after awhile I really got into it. Which is a good thing because if you don't like it, it can be a hard slog.

R3volver

Replicant
HSC
Tulipa said:
I had to read it for a class but after awhile I really got into it. Which is a good thing because if you don't like it, it can be a hard slog.
Yeah, that's true. I remember we had to read parts of Middlemarch for Extension English. (Ergh >__>)

Have you read Great Expectations?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC
R3volver said:
Yeah, that's true. I remember we had to read parts of Middlemarch for Extension English. (Ergh >__>)

Have you read Great Expectations?
Not a fan of Dickens. I've started it a few times but always put it down in favor of something else. I much prefer reading work from the last hundred years or so (the modernists onward) unless it's poetry.

R3volver

Replicant
HSC
Tulipa said:
Not a fan of Dickens. I've started it a few times but always put it down in favor of something else. I much prefer reading work from the last hundred years or so (the modernists onward) unless it's poetry.
That reminds me, I should probably read Green Hills of Africa. Have you read it?

It's supposedly one of Hemingway's best.

Last edited:

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
I finally got to finish The Bell Jar after my family banned me from reading it. I sort of understand why they did so, now. :(

I think next I might read some Oscar Wilde or Charles Dickens for school.

Lizakith

Go go gadget spleen!
HSC
I'm reading a really awesome book at the moment. Its called We Need to Talk About Kevin, by Lionel Shriver (She's a woman...named Lionel...wtf?)

Its about a woman who's son is a school massacre-ist, and its written in the format of her writing letters to her husband whom she is separated from, post-massacre. Its dense and emotive and eloquent and fantastic!
I highly recommend it and I'm only halfway through.

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
Lizakith said:
I'm reading a really awesome book at the moment. Its called We Need to Talk About Kevin, by Lionel Shriver (She's a woman...named Lionel...wtf?)

Its about a woman who's son is a school massacre-ist, and its written in the format of her writing letters to her husband whom she is separated from, post-massacre. Its dense and emotive and eloquent and fantastic!
I highly recommend it and I'm only halfway through.
ohhh i have that at home - i bought it at a charity shop for 50c. i love second hand books. :cool:
i must read it soon!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
100ish pages into A Game of Thones by George RR Martin. It's a good book, but the author seems overly fixated on incest and paedophilia.

Logain

aka Will, Skis, Willskis
HSC
withoutaface said:
100ish pages into A Game of Thones by George RR Martin. It's a good book, but the author seems overly fixated on incest and paedophilia.
LOL I noticed that too. I think it's one of the most brilliant fantasy series ever written however, and I was a Carmody and RJ fan for so very long. Keep till the end if you like it. It only gets better.

ditto

drops of jupiter
HSC
first finished off the Ellie chronicles

then tried some Agatha Christie plays - they were really good, especially 'And then there were none'! I'm going to find some more one day :)

now just finished reading Harry Potter Series. I know everyone keeps saying it but man they are great books! i miss them already!

next, find the Obernewtyn Chronicles book four or Daughter of the Forest

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)