What are you thoughts on the City/Country differences??? (1 Viewer)

Willba16

HSC
Just wondering what others think is better?

Do you think the city is better then the country??

Also is city better then country for

-Education ?
-entertainment ?
-recreation ?

etc

Willba16

HSC
Personally i think that the city is better for achieving high results in education, although its not impossible in the country.

Also depends on which type of entertainment you like? im from the country and enjoy paddock bashing, shooting.

Also i fish alot, which is great in the country as we have a river passing through our town.

I would like however if we had a cinema, arcade, 10 pin, etc.

I suppose depending on your preferences depends on which you think is better or enjoy the most.

klaris

HSC
Well I live in Sydney and I do like the city but the rat race can get to you at times.

The ways that it is good:
- Walking distance to most shops (I mean like small takeaways, Woolies etc etc)
- Friends live around the corner (always a plus, hehe)
- Movies not to far away either
- Big shopping centres (compared to the country)
- Better shops and outlets that only stock their stuff in the city (e.g Adelaide, Brissie etc)
- The Rocks at Sydney
- Feels like home (duh, Michelle)
- More stuff to do (e.g sports, dancing etc)

The Way it is bad:
- People everywhere (drives you crazy)
- More criminals (bad, bad, bad)
- Don't really feel safe at times (more like when I'm home alone, at night. eeek!)
- Less privacy (walk three feet and I'm in someone else's frontyard)
- Don't really have room to run around (could in the park but feel like a dork)

Well I like the city better, in some ways. I like the country better, in some ways. I mean I've been to visit rellies who like in the country and it's like God's country ("Take the girl out of the town but can't take the cliched Townie out of the girl") and I can stay in my PJs all day long and go outside to get whatever and not have to worry. It's beautiful there. But in other ways, everything closes at 7 unless its Thursday Late Night Shopping. There's isn't much to do and you have to make up your own fun. If you're not really into hunting and whatever (like me) you have a lot of spare time to read/talk/do homework/watch TV/whatever which can be a bit boring at times.

occer

HSC
N/A
I much prefer the city but I guess that's what happens when you grow up in a place with 13m people.

Much less to do in the country imo.

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
I grew up in the Country... Nowra to be exact... which was a pretty awesome place because you have things like a cinema and such, as well as having the beach... and you're only an hour or so away from Wollongong.

Now I live in Waterloo in the City... and there are pros and cons to both.

Air Quality, access to the beach etc, public transport, places to go out, nightlife (which the country barely has any of), peace and quiet (which the city barely has any of)... It depends on the lifestyle you want to lead.

Hannargh

HSC
I've always lived in the country, and can't imagine living in a city. I can go on heaps of great rides on dirt roads where you'd be lucky to pass a car. So quiet and so much freedom. Although I happen to live only 1km away from the Uni so I'm in a great spot for next year, won't have to pay for transport.

Only bad thing that gets to me is the dust and flies haha.

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
Chicks from the sticks do it better!

Living in the country

• is less stressful
  • found that people are more physically active generally
  • you know your neighbours
  • crime rates lower (can keep your cars unlocked without a worry)
  • generally more privacy
  • Away from the greenhouse gas producing factories etc in the city

yeah pretty much what Klaris said.

I prefer the country but the city is good too..just a lil stressful, fast paced and such.

spriinkles

HSC
i grew up in the country and i miss it sometimes.. but the city is definately better!

klaris

HSC
Wow, that is really bad. Where do you live? In Sydney?

Willba16

HSC
Wow, that is really bad. Where do you live? In Sydney?
haha legend, love the way you automatically think its Sydney, i hate sydney, <3 country and <3 melbourne im torn between 2 loves!! :(

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
alot of bosers live in the city because the majority of the state lives in the city

occer

HSC
N/A
haha legend, love the way you automatically think its Sydney, i hate sydney, <3 country and <3 melbourne im torn between 2 loves!! :(
Melbourne is an arty and grey-skied hole. Sydney is much nicer imo.

Willba16

HSC
Melbourne is an arty and grey-skied hole. Sydney is much nicer imo.
Sydney is a dirty hole prick of a city full of arrogant bastards. There are a few good, but mainly pricks.

JacquelineR

HSC
Country=
less employment oppurtunities, greater sense of community, less crime, less people/ no people/ complete isolation (pick one), worse healthcare, no/little public transport, very conservative (homophobic, misogynistic) people, less materialism and stress

Education
smaller class sizes, less competition, less resources, less subjects, friendlier, community environment, lower academic standards, less students progressing to university

Entertainment (depending on degree of isolation)
no major shopping centres, no eisteddfods, no library, no cinema, no sporting facilities etc, can go motorbike riding, horse riding, camping....church

Popular youth activities include sex and farmwork. But mostly farmwork.

I'm a country girl living in the city and I love it here. I love just being able to catch a bus and go somewhere. It's a wonderful thing. I love being able to participate in things like debating, and going to the movies with friends like I never could back home. The oppurtunities here are breath taking. :D

Yet I often miss the peace and solitude of the country. I mean, what's life if you can't see the stars at night-time?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)