What are your plans after your HSC? (1 Viewer)

SomeoneCool

Banned
HSC
I'm planning to take a years break to enjoy the fresh air and to take my mind off school, study and all other things associated with stupid school. I'm thinking of maybe going to Africa and doing some volunteer work there, volunteer work her, work for cash here, and just hang out with friends. What are you guys planning? Hit me!

After weeks of trying to figure out how to post threads on this site, I've finally figured it out, with some help of course! LOL!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
SomeoneCool said:
I'm planning to take a years break to enjoy the fresh air and to take my mind off school, study and all other things associated with stupid school. I'm thinking of maybe going to Africa and doing some volunteer work there, volunteer work her, work for cash here, and just hang out with friends. What are you guys planning? Hit me!

After weeks of trying to figure out how to post threads on this site, I've finally figured it out, with some help of course! LOL!
Nice plan!!!

Once I complete my HSC, I will attend either USYD, Macquarie or UNSW even though USYD and Macquarie seem to be the ones to go. I am interested in Advanced Mathematics course at USYD or Actuarial courses (Combined courses) at Macqurie. If I can get co-op, I will attend UNSW, if not I will think of attending Macquarie where I might be able to get Scholarship. I will go wherever I can get my hands on that 'extra advantage' that will further increase my career prospect.

However, at the same time, I will be operating free tutoring courses (probably 2 times a week) where I basically help HSC & Preliminary students. I always wanted to do it and hopefully, I can put that into practice once I get my university courses settled. Alternatively, I can think of taking a gap year and work as a missionary for few months. I don't know. That option seems quite attractive too.

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
Nice plan!!!

Once I complete my HSC, I will attend either USYD, Macquarie or UNSW even though USYD and Macquarie seem to be the ones to go. I am interested in Advanced Mathematics course at USYD or Actuarial courses (Combined courses) at Macqurie. If I can get co-op, I will attend UNSW, if not I will think of attending Macquarie where I might be able to get Scholarship. I will go wherever I can get my hands on that 'extra advantage' that will further increase my career prospect.

However, at the same time, I will be operating free tutoring courses (probably 2 times a week) where I basically help HSC & Preliminary students. I always wanted to do it and hopefully, I can put that into practice once I get my university courses settled. Alternatively, I can think of taking a gap year and work as a missionary for few months. I don't know. That option seems quite attractive too.
I'll be doing something similar.

Once I complete my HSC, I will attend either USYD, or UNSW. I am interested in Actuarial courses (Combined courses).

However, at the same time, I will be operating PAYED tutoring for HSC & Preliminary students.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
foram said:
I'll be doing something similar.

Once I complete my HSC, I will attend either USYD, or UNSW. I am interested in Actuarial courses (Combined courses).

However, at the same time, I will be operating PAYED tutoring for HSC & Preliminary students.
Hahahaha...

I don't want to operate paid ones as I am financially stable and I am sure my parents won't mind having to pay for my necessities & wants. Many people in BOS have complained how disadvantaged they are because they don't have tutoring (because it is too costly). They wouldn't have excuses if they have free tutoring, would they???

foram

Awesome Member
HSC
lyounamu said:
Hahahaha...

I don't want to operate paid ones as I am financially stable and I am sure my parents won't mind having to pay for my necessities & wants. Many people in BOS have complained how disadvantaged they are because they don't have tutoring (because it is too costly). They wouldn't have excuses if they have free tutoring, would they???
I like money. It makes me feel happy. :D

Ketaki

HSC
lol!!

My plan is somewhat similar to SomeoneCool's idea!! To go to Africa to help some people out there, do volunteer work, etc. And when (& if) i can...

... actually explore that beautiful country!!

katiesfriend

HSC
wow am i the only person here who doesnt plan to do Volunteer work wen i leave?
i want 2 go 2 england, well london actually,, get a job in the local pub and live with my gran...
which sounds heaps shit compared to the volunteer work idea...
smeh

Sonata

HSC
part time it, to get money for a new comp, HD tv and a ps3. catch up on some games, anime, sleep, head out to city with friends.
Then uni it, in a combined degree of CSE/Arts

Jess007

HSC
relax in the summer holidays then hopefully start a personal training traineeship ...fingers crossed...

Jamoz

HSC
Hmmm after the HSC I will be in UNI studying and a part time job making the benjamins :) and i would want to move to central coast but.. later in life ha!

simple enough I like simple things.. :)

11kloseboy

HSC
N/A
Go to a wild party at my friends house. Get a job, Get my P's and go overseas my main idea is Burma( see some family and friends there) or England (try out for a club). Enrol my courses at uni. thats pretty much it

bawd

HSC
I will do part time work and tutor to raise some funds for new technology for University and spending money, and I've already made a pact with a few friends to go Taiwan for 3 weeks. Might go caravaning around Australia or some random country with a few close-knit buddies. Might as well do all the stupid things whilst you're still young. :)

AppleNader

HSC
For some people like myself, the prospect of starting university, especially going away to study is scary. It's probably the first time that I'll be totally responsible for my own schedule.

I intend to go to university but I just don't feel ready to start yet — for a variety of reasons — and I don't want to take on a full-time job after graduation. I might want to take a year off to pause and regroup. This practice is common it's called a "gap year".

I think it's a great idea to take a year to do something you may not have an opportunity to do again. Lots of volunteer organizations would welcome my time and energy and would provide me with a wonderful learning experience.
I'm sure to learn some great life skills — like living on a tight budget!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)