What are your plans for results days? (1 Viewer)

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
Wow...theres more of us than i thort lol...the reasons why I'd prefer not to go to UWS has nothing to do with 'OMG ITS UWS!" or "UWS HAS SUCH LOW CUT OFF FOR LAW THEREFORE IT MUST BE BAD!". I've heard some good stuff about the law school at UWS however many people hiring new lawyers (such as those in top tier firms) claim to consider the university in their decision (based on the Law FAQs book i have). So simply: UWS law school doesnt have the reputation that USYD and UNSW have and thus may affect us when dealing with an old fashioned employer. Secondly, I'm not a fan of the UWS campuses...they seem a bit bare and dont have hte life that USYD has...

Anyway...theres always first year transfer to another uni

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
What campus are you looking at for law? Parra or the other one? (i think the fact that i cant remember the other one would show im lookin at parra)

SpHan

HSC
Hey...i'm kinda relieved that im not the only person packing it at the moment!! Isn't it awful that something that we all put a lot of time and effort into, and made sacrifices during the year for, is still causing this amount of anxiety?? SUcks. i dont think i am going to be looking at my marks i will wait for the uai, or maybe look at teh marks after they announce all the major awards at the formal assembly that evening (dux !!)

dion7789

Dodgy Pen Dealer
HSC
My plans are similar to everyone elses lol

Tuesday: Wake up...well no i will be awake from the all nighter then look at my fone at 6 for the results. I shall then go to bed and go to sleep if they are not good then i will call in sick to work...and if they are good i will be on BOS and MSN all morning lol!

Wednesday: Similar to the day before except i dont work so i shall remain huddled in a ball in the darkness of my room

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
ari89 said:
What campus are you looking at for law? Parra or the other one? (i think the fact that i cant remember the other one would show im lookin at parra)

I am not going to do law if i have to go UWS, not because it's bad (which I cant make a decision on), because I might go overseas later in life for jobs and UWS isnt that well-known

also, if I want to transfer from UWS, I have to repeat. But I can just continue my study if I transfer from MAcq and UTS.

Goodluck to us! :)

Sprinkles~

splashing in puddles
HSC
Re: Hey Bookie

Tuesday;

Wake up at 6am if I dont stay up all night, check results on mobile. Curl up into a ball and cry my eyes out, have a total breakdown because 14 years of schooling has come down to this, then go out and get drunk with friends. Or I might avoid friends all together.

Wednesday;

Check UAI to discover the fact my future is screwed is set in concrete, bawl my eyes out once again... then do something but I'm not sure what. Possibly get drunk again, or possibly destroy the text books I haven't given back to my school yet :p

Doooom awaits! :bomb:

Last edited:

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC

Tuesday: I plan to not sleep at all, so I'll be staying up till 6 am. Check out results, either cry or laugh about it :S
Then meet up with friends and share results.

Wednesday: I don't want to check out my uai as soon as it's released.
call up my friends, ask them about their uai's, and THEN, log on to the UAC site and find out my own uai. I'm so nosy :)

:'(

jackal8

HSC

tuesday - get hsc marks
wednesday - uai

crying involved here and there

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
mitsui said:
I am not going to do law if i have to go UWS, not because it's bad (which I cant make a decision on), because I might go overseas later in life for jobs and UWS isnt that well-known

also, if I want to transfer from UWS, I have to repeat. But I can just continue my study if I transfer from MAcq and UTS.

Goodluck to us! :)
Good luck with that..im also considering working overseas for a bit. What do you mean about having to repeat if you transfer from UWS? (what course are you talking about?)

Redkoala

HSC
Tuesday:
Morning: Get my marks = epic fail.
Afternoon: Go for a driving test = epic fail.
Night: Go for an audition = epic fail

...there is just so much that can go wrong tomorrow! Why did I schedule all these things on the same day?!

Wednesday
Morning: Get UAI, which I will probably have already guesstimated (however roughly)
Midday: Go to school and get to see all my buddies again!

...much less chance of failure scheduled for Wednesday. I anticipate a good day.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Redkoala said:
Tuesday:
Morning: Get my marks = epic fail.
Afternoon: Go for a driving test = epic fail.
Night: Go for an audition = epic fail

...there is just so much that can go wrong tomorrow! Why did I schedule all these things on the same day?!

Wednesday
Morning: Get UAI, which I will probably have already guesstimated (however roughly)
Midday: Go to school and get to see all my buddies again!

...much less chance of failure scheduled for Wednesday. I anticipate a good day.
hey dont be so hard on urself. you'll get great marks, pass your driving test and completely wow the judges at whatever you're auditioning for. good luck :D

HSC
tuesday: wake up at 6 for the marks, then working from 9am-5pm, will meet up with friends in city to either celebrate together or drink until we stop crying, lol.

wednesday: wake up at 9am, and just stare at the uai on my screen, then meet up with high skool peeps at skool and compare marks, talking to our teachers, then going to get my green p's, and going to a huge party with all my friends.

thursday: glad the worst 2 days are over.

Julz_012

HSC
i'm in germany atm so there'll be no sleep for me in the hours leading up to it. 8pm i should get it by sms (tho chances are it'll come in late)
dont know what i'll do after that. probably go to bed and cry if its bad...

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
tuesday:
*resize the browser so as to view my results line by line
*think for a while
*SAM + JUAI
*go to bed either in blissful comfort or in a shaking fit of nervousness
*awake and sign up for the UNSW FEAS interview depending on how uncertain i am on making it atleast into my second preference course.

wednesday:
*view UAI
*in the event of getting lower than expected HSC results followed by a lower than estimated UAI...bad things may happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)