What bank are you with? (1 Viewer)

Flop21

HSC
That's a debit card, lmao

But neither specified which one, so no go for either of us. I was mentioning credit cards, you were mentioning debit.
Why would anyone want a credit card this young?

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Why would anyone want a credit card this young?
we were talking about cards after someone finishes up with their student card (because of fees) which would be after uni and hench old enough for many to start using a credit card.

I'm 18 and i already have one, but that's probably a rarer case since I earn a fair amount already from my job and wish to secure a credit rating early.(plus convienence)

Chronost

HSC
I MENTIONED A BANK ACCOUNT. IT'S A BANK ACCOUNT NOT A CARD. YOU HAVE THE OPTION OF GETTING A DEBIT CARD IF U WANT. U DON'T HAVE TO. They are those things you put money in? You know them?

wow u r a really good troll / aggravator.
You get a card by default when you open an account like that (thus they are interchangable, as you cannot have a card without a bank account, and there's no point in opening an everyday bank account without getting a card to use), it's more the fact that you have to ask them specifically (for whatever reason, i don't know why you would anyways) not to give you one . This is a simple forum where discussions are held and this is nothing to be aggravated about, caps lock does you no good.

Crobat

#tyrannosaurusREKT
HSC
I'm with ANZ because my mother did it all for me when I was like 8 but it seems the party's over at CBA. I want to make a switch (mainly to get some access to Commsec) but not sure how to go about it...

Chronost plz help.

Chronost

HSC
I'm with ANZ because my mother did it all for me when I was like 8 but it seems the party's over at CBA. I want to make a switch (mainly to get some access to Commsec) but not sure how to go about it...

Chronost plz help.
You can open a commsec account seperately and still link your ANZ account to it, your funds transfer will just be a bit slower but that shouldnt be a worry unless you're selling and trading daily.(which i hope you wont be doing!)

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Commonwealth for everything. Bank accounts, credit cards, home loan, health insurance, CommSec.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Also I'd recommend Op consider the importance of features like iPhone/Android banking, NFC support, the quality of the website, etc... typically the Big 4 banks are great for that, and the bits where they're usually not as great of fees or interest return is less applicable if you're a student (i.e. typically fee-free without a huge amount of savings for the interest rate differential to matter).

I personally am with Citibank and up until recently, their website was atrocious to use. The iPhone app as well is very primitive in comparison to the local banks and there's no easy way to make a payment without the account details (i.e. no phone/email deposits to your mates), and difficult to get transaction history records saved/printed if you did the transfer on another device. As for why I'm with Citi? It's because I have a relationship managers in a few countries which I work in, can transfer funds in/out of each country, they support true overnight accounts in multiple currencies and I can access certain functions in the bank very easily. My needs are probably less reflective of the typical person or student but Citi serves me well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)