What car will you get as your first car? (1 Viewer)

rach24

HSC
ive got a 96 corolla sure good car n cheap on petrol but i really wanted a rav 4 and if ur heaps tall a small cars not good

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
I have an '88 Ford EA Falcon S-pack. It's a great car and has and has not had any problems. It looks great, drives like new and has (believe it or not) enough power to challenge quite a few modern cars.

It hits 100kp/h in 6.7 seconds. Stock (P's). Straight six MPI. That is fast in TODAYS standards. And it's 21 years old, on it's original engine.

I can see why they are looked down upon though lol. Hard to find any that haven't had the guts thrashed out of them or damage.

I wouldn't have had the money for a more modern car, and nor will I in the next 5 years (I don't believe in putting myself into debt).

Oh, and I've done Murwillumbah to Southport and back on $10 and Murwillumbah to Brisbane for the day and back on $30. Tell me that's not good fuel consumption for a 21 year old Falcon!

You just need to know how to LOOK AFTER your bloody car. The old Commies and Falcons were built to last (be thrashed) and are to an extent indestructable. That is why you see so many in crap shape.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
I have an '88 Ford EA Falcon S-pack. It's a great car and has and has not had any problems. It looks great, drives like new and has (believe it or not) enough power to challenge quite a few modern cars.

It hits 100kp/h in 6.7 seconds. Stock (P's). Straight six MPI. That is fast in TODAYS standards. And it's 21 years old, on it's original engine.

I can see why they are looked down upon though lol. Hard to find any that haven't had the guts thrashed out of them or damage.

I wouldn't have had the money for a more modern car, and nor will I in the next 5 years (I don't believe in putting myself into debt).

Oh, and I've done Murwillumbah to Southport and back on $10 and Murwillumbah to Brisbane for the day and back on $30. Tell me that's not good fuel consumption for a 21 year old Falcon!

You just need to know how to LOOK AFTER your bloody car. The old Commies and Falcons were built to last (be thrashed) and are to an extent indestructable. That is why you see so many in crap shape.

Bullshit

try 7.7 cunt and thats pushing it. i doubt it would still do close to that seeing as it is original and 20years old

physicslover

HSC
N/A
Bullshit

try 7.7 cunt and thats pushing it. i doubt it would still do close to that seeing as it is original and 20years old
david spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade

david spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade

david spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade

david spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
you do realise the irony in an asian with his account named physicslover calling someone else a geek right?

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Bullshit

Dude. It was a typo. I didn't realize haha. And I swear it still does. That is the advantage of it only having 200k on the clock. Not driven often, but driven hard when it was.

*21 years old.

No need to throw a hissy fit.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
There is no way in hell that car still does 7.7 to 100, and I'd be willing to bet that that claim is bullshit and it never did that.

Lol, just checked, 8.5 stock with the manual. And yes, that is the Multi-Point version.

I reckon as it is now it'd be 9.5 to 10 at best.

Last edited:

physicslover

HSC
N/A
you do realise the irony in an asian with his account named physicslover calling someone else a geek right?
d
david spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade

david spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaade

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeek

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeek</SPAN> avid spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaade

david spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaade

geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeek</SPAN>

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
There is no way in hell that car still does 7.7 to 100, and I'd be willing to bet that that claim is bullshit and it never did that.

Lol, just checked, 8.5 stock with the manual. And yes, that is the Multi-Point version.

I reckon as it is now it'd be 9.5 to 10 at best.
Three in-line six cylinder engines were initially available; a 3.2 litre single-point injected (aka throttle body injected) engine, a 3.9 litre single-point, and the 3.9 litre multipoint (MPI). The 3.2 was dropped later in 1988 because in addition to the top dog 3.9 multipoint delivering over 50% more power, it actually used no more fuel in the process! When it was available, the 3.2 was only available on the Falcon GL, while at the other end of the spectrum, the multipoint engine was the only option for Fairmont Ghia buyers. Falcon S and Fairmont came with the single-point 3.9, with multipoint fuel injection optional. The two available transmissions were a 5 speed manual and 3 speed auto largely carried over from the previous model. While there had been speculation about a 4 speed automatic being standard before the car's launch, an industrial dispute at supplier BT-R (formerly Borg-Warner) meant the 4 speed was not available for the EA's launch. There had also been some speculation about independent rear suspension.
While no performance figures for the 3.2 are available to us at this time, it is the 5 speed manual, MPI EA Falcon S that was the real hero car of the range. Wheels magazine achieved a 0-100 time of just 7.8 seconds from this model, and observed that this is significantly faster than the last of the XE 5.8 litre V8s, and equal with Holden's VL Commodore Turbo. Its improved suspension, aerodynamics and power enabled the same car to achieve a 215 km/h top speed. With its speedo only running up to 200, it was well and truly off the clock!

Boosted Falcon &bull; View topic - E-Series Background Information

This was copied directly out of another article.

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
still doesnt do 7.7 lol

and seeing as its ~20years old it wont do anywhere near that well

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
.1 off my estimate. Lol... I can't time 0-100 perfectly...

And considering it's been so well looked after, perfectly maintained, only has 200,000k's on the clock with a full engine overhaul at 90,000k's and rebuild at 150,000...

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
Its improved suspension, aerodynamics and power enabled the same car to achieve a 215 km/h top speed. With its speedo only running up to 200, it was well and truly off the clock!
I didn't know a 3.2 six could be so slow. Even for the 80's. Though it might be to do with gearing?

What does a modern, base model commodore or falcon pull for top speed?

Yasser Arafat

Banned
HSC
N/A
dont know but 240 maybe?? Dont know about the gearing.

Hsvs only do 280 last i heard

Mawery

HSC
XR6Turbo or a blown CV8Z Monaro depending on my cash and other things etc etc. Could end up being a nissan navara Turbo diesel.

lolwth

Banned
HSC
you arent planning on getting a car until you are like 21?

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
already gots a sexxy black VW passat :)

but seriously.. i dont recommend getting a european car as ur first car...
not unless ur willing to pay hundreds of dollars to replace expensive parts which WILL need replacing..

they also stuff up in hot weather.

JAP CARS ftw :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)