What clubs and societies are you joining? (1 Viewer)

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah that was so fucking annoying i wanted to stab them (especially the retards who were trying to be funny)

But MATHSOC will only hijack your first maths lecture of the year and then that's it.
you do realise more than 90% of a first year maths lecture aren't doing maths degrees?

Mature Lamb

wats goin on
HSC
Uni Grad
you do realise more than 90% of a first year maths lecture aren't doing maths degrees?
yes we're perfectly aware of that. MATHSOC isn't only for people studying maths, but also for people with an interest in maths.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
Interested in these.

AnimeUNSW
Mathematics Society
Faculty of Engineering Student Society
Petroleum Engineering Student Society

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
they were lying

cse revue last year was horrendous
I heard about that. I remember talking to someone about it after I found a spare program lying around... they said it was all internet memes and stuff. While it wasn't bad enough that people walked out during the performance, I heard that some walked out during the intermission or something.

yemeni cricket

HSC
N/A
I heard about that. I remember talking to someone about it after I found a spare program lying around... they said it was all internet memes and stuff. While it wasn't bad enough that people walked out during the performance, I heard that some walked out during the intermission or something.
I was considering joining until I watched last years revue Youtube and it was absolutely awful.

I got the impression that everyone involved believes that simply stating a stereotype is the funniest thing in the world. No word play, no twist, no misdirect, nothing that would normally make a joke work as a joke. Just a blatant, cold reading of a clinical and mundane list of stereotypes is what gets them going.

It was one of the most intellectually vacant, unfunny, boring "comedy" performances I've ever seen (though I haven't seen the other UNSW revues). I can't think of something being more dull than what they find amusing, if you take them at face value that this is all "just a joke" and not actually deplorable.

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
yeah our first year cse kids are fucking basement asians that hang around in the basement (literally) of our faculty building playing video games with each other or being fuckwits playing ball games in a study area and yelling and screaming about fucking memes and video games for 10 hours per day

9am-7pm

was ridiculous

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I heard Med and Law revue were pretty good though.

You can join those revues even though you're not actually a Medicine or Law student, I believe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)