What computer stuff r u going 2 buy next & where (1 Viewer)

Gilbert

TheLAD
HSC
N/A
shiny said:
From what i know about on-board sound, they suck much of the GPU resources, especially when the features like EAX are enabled. Apparently there is less burden on the processor if you use an actual card, less skipping etc. Cards don't rely on the CPU to make sounds.

The real point is if you actually are bothered to pay extra for a difference (big or small) for your music/gaming/video experience. If you are meticulous to sound (using good speakers), then the card is great. But onboard gets the "pfft. it sux" from all my friends.
"pfft. it sux" LOL. My next question to these ppl would be, "Do you use MP3, ACC, WMA, WAVE or AIFF for your music library?" As for audio skipping, I have really only seen it on a 33mhz LC575 or if you are doing something really intensive like playback in FCPHD. You have to remember that the CPU still has to do all the decoding of the audio and the system bus and northbridge are not bypassed in any way. Essentially most of the system resources are still in use with any audio configuration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)