what degree would you do if you got 100 uai (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgaica

HSC
commerce (liberal studies) at USYD cause the uai for that is like 98

drynxz

I..solated..ated..ated
HSC
Ill take the hardcore courses.

MBBS at USYD
or Dental science at Melbourne

innit

HSC
definition: 'natural intelligence'- self-indulgent wankers who linger on their inherent ability to bullshit... they refine it... develop it... and turn it into an 'art'.

definition: 'intelligence'- the ability to see through this obsolete word that gets thrown around far too often and builds up far too many egos...

10yrs time...

person a (natural intelligence): recounting stories with your drunk/alcoholic/nobody friends about how you passed THAT test or were smarter than THAT person with the high UAI... living in a ditch... *&^%ing ONLY yourself.

person b (intelligent): chances are person a is cleaning their floors/ dry cleaning their shorts/ washing their car.

*whoever has 'natural intelligence' can see it is more a curse than anything else. it teaches people to be lazy, and rely on what they have rather than work to what they can be or have.

give me good habits over natural intelligence anyday !

p.s. why are people trying to get philosophical about the 'intelligence' thing? isn't it embarassing to openly say and believe the stuff some of you wrote? "fundamentally flawed" ... god.. grow up ... act your age

poppop

HSC
N/A
B Design Visual Communication / International Studies at UTS :)

innit

HSC
HOWEVER and more to the point, if i ever got 100 there is no way i would go to any uni in australia. would try for overseas.. england... or ivy league in america..

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
zimmerman8k said:
Hate the OP.

Looking at average graduate wages for a given degree, then deceding that it is "the best" is ludacrous. The average wages for a business graduate after 10 years might be a $100k but if you're really talented in that field you could be earning $500k.
My thoughts exactly.

beentherdunthat

HSC
I think I'd stay with law/business @ uts. I think the scholarships that you'd get would affect your choice.

jayadore

She was a hurricane.
HSC
Why does it matter how much money one makes, if you blatantly dislike the job you're doing?

Similiarly, your first course perference should reflect your hobbies, interests and passion. Not the UAI cut off. I'll still do Arts/Edu at USyd if I got 100UAI.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
jayadore said:
Why does it matter how much money one makes, if you blatantly dislike the job you're doing?

Similiarly, your first course perference should reflect your hobbies, interests and passion. Not the UAI cut off. I'll still do Arts/Edu at USyd if I got 100UAI.
Simply put, the guy who made this post is a money grubbing idiot. Thats the worse kind of idiot.

beentherdunthat

HSC
ari89 said:
I feel UTS is more me. Like it's not like i won't get in to usyd/unsw if i tried. It's just that i've been to all the uni's and I'd prefer UTS... Okok. I think usyd/unsw is too nerdy. :) [ *awaits verbal attack* ]

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
beentherdunthat said:
I feel UTS is more me. Like it's not like i won't get in to usyd/unsw if i tried. It's just that i've been to all the uni's and I'd prefer UTS... Okok. I think usyd/unsw is too nerdy. :) [ *awaits verbal attack* ]
HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT !!

Lol just kidding =]
I think UTS looks pretty nice too - it just doesnt have the course I want =(

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Still probabaly the course that I have a passion and interest in - Pharmacy or Veterinary Science at Sydney.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
lol'd out loud

if u did maths, chem and physics you could get in with 47
'I'm so smart, I got into law with a 100UAI and I was 0.45 UAI points over the cut off...beat that!'
'I was 53 points above mine'
:eek:

beentherdunthat said:
Would the 'nerd factor' really be that different between 97 and 99?:p
How sure are you that you could get into usyd/unsw? The UAI system really does screw with people and many overconfident people...but best of luck

If it was up to me I'd go usyd/unsw/uws over UTS for law:p (not really uws however by not applying through UAC for next year I kinda have put UWS law a head of macquarie and possibly even uts law lol)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)