what degree would you do if you got 100 uai (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fathobbitsss

HSC
What do you guys think is the best degree out their, in terms of pay and future growth oportunities.

Me and some friends have been doing some research, and i realy dont get whats with commerce and law. Law graduates from sydney after honors year, get only 80k? thats not much for 6 years of study and considering your one of the smartest guys in sydney. Go be a miner in w.a and you get about the same.

Any ideas about whats the best course to do?
it would be good if a uni graduate or someone at uni could tell me what the pay is like for the different degree graduates.

cheers guys

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
fathobbitsss said:
What do you guys think is the best degree out their, in terms of pay and future growth oportunities.

Me and some friends have been doing some research, and i realy dont get whats with commerce and law. Law graduates from sydney after honors year, get only 80k? thats not much for 6 years of study and considering your one of the smartest guys in sydney. Go be a miner in w.a and you get about the same.

it would be good if a uni graduate or someone at uni could tell me what the pay is like for the different degree graduates.

cheers guys
Note the bold. Your definition of "smart" is fundementally flawed and hence i have opted not to answer your question but rather attempt to dismantle your post and have a stab at it with a flurry of words.

Doing law, or getting an insanely high UAI, is by no means an indicator of actual intelligence. The HSC rewards hard work, not natural intelligence. Also law is in fact a fairly easy course in uni. All you need to do is to work hard to memorise. You want hard? Do a science based degree.

I want you to know that you are a captalist bastard (the best kind mind you), and that your greed has lost you my respect.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
fathobbitsss said:

cheers guys
you're a fucking idiot.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
how much does architecture get you upon graduation?

Zephyrio

HSC
Lol. Med/Arts.

Med/Education if they offered it... though getting 100 doesn't necessarily guarantee you a place.

@ S1M0

I think that "intelligence" is subjective. What may appear to be intelligence to one person might not be the same for another person, so saying that someone's perception of "smartness" is "fundamentally flawed" is pretty much fundamentally flawed in itself. What is intelligence? Rather, what is "actual" or "natural" intelligence? If doing well in the HSC and working your ass off is intelligence for one person, then...

Seriously, some courses require logical thinking, and it's not just all rote. Extension Two maths comes to mind when I'm talking about courses where you can't memorise your stuff all the way through. People who get state ranks for 4U maths - I'd call them pretty intelligent myself. Don't know about you. Einstein worked his bloody arse off, and if you don't call him smart, I don't know who is.

Last edited:

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
Zephyrio said:
Lol. Med/Arts.
Med/Education if they offered it... though getting 100 doesn't necessarily guarantee you a place.
I wish they did, i really wana do an Arts(Education)/MBBS degree.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Zephyrio said:
I think that "intelligence" is subjective. What may appear to be intelligence to one person might not be the same for another person, so saying that someone's perception of "smartness" is "fundamentally flawed" is pretty much fundamentally flawed in itself. What is intelligence? Rather, what is "actual" or "natural" intelligence? If doing well in the HSC and working your ass off is intelligence for one person, then...

Seriously, some courses require logical thinking, and it's not just all rote. Extension Two maths comes to mind when I'm talking about courses where you can't memorise your stuff all the way through. People who get state ranks for 4U maths - I'd call them pretty intelligent myself. Don't know about you. Einstein worked his bloody arse off, and if you don't call him smart, I don't know who is.
You automatically associated marks with intelligence when in fact it is hard work that gets you marks in the HSC. Thats why people who aren't at all smart manage to get 98+ UAI because they've worked hard. Don't get me wrong, they deserve it, but by no means are they "smart" in the sense of natural intelligence.

In subjects like 4U maths, yes that requires intelligence, but saying that a person who recieves an inanely high UAI as smarter than someone else is plain wrong.

One thing i can agree with is that to achieve you have to work hard, no matter what level of intelligence you possess.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
noir. said:
B Surveying
cool

you mean if you had a 100 UAI you'd do what you like and not the most difficult degree to get into just because?

you'll never have prestige, or a 200k 1st year graduate salary with that kind of thinking! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)