What did you buy with your first paycheck? (1 Viewer)

white ferret

HSC
i'm curious, do people spend it on themselves/family/friends or save it? or whatever else random people may come up with..

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
With my first job, it was sales, which I stayed in for a mere 2.5 weeks, $67/day for the first 4 weeks...I got $712 (I saved up until I left, just before Christmas) which I blew out over Christmas and January, treating myself to 3 shopping sprees - clothes, CDs, my b.f.'s pressies, his mum's pressie, Valentine's pressie..., leaving me with just $187 at the beginning of my second job at the end of January. I think I was depressed back then, not clinically, but you know, from stress etc, after the nightmare job and the hospital episode afterwards.

Last edited:

CieL

HSC
Mostly saved.....

Then treated myself, my bf, and my family if I felt like being generous lol

tempco

HSC
Pizza. My first paycheck paid for my lunch. :<

cupcake08

HSC
haha i have a tragic story to contribute here.

my first pay check was about 60 bucks. i got it right after i accidently chucked out my retainers at maccas. then entire paycheck went towards paying the $300 for new ones :( fond memories...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
my first paycheck was like 210 bucks or something...i fully intended to save it but ended up spending most of it on a birthday present + clothes and stuff. and i kept on doing that kind of thing so that even though i was making like 100 bucks a week i only ever had about 20 bucks in my account. i have no self control

scotttttttttt

HSC
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
my first paycheck was like 210 bucks or something...i fully intended to save it but ended up spending most of it on a birthday present + clothes and stuff. and i kept on doing that kind of thing so that even though i was making like 100 bucks a week i only ever had about 20 bucks in my account. i have no self control
I'm exactly the same. i earn a consistent $100 a week, and somehow my bank balance at the end of every week is about $10. I can't even figure out where the fuck my money goes.. I don't buy anything worthwhile, I just seem to spend it on tons of small things (food, travel, stationary, etc). I should start one of those spending diary things. =/

I used to suspect people were stealing my money at home and after I caught my younger brother snatchin' a couple of reds last year, I bought a mini-safe to put my wallet in when I'm home.

melmelrulz

HSC
scotttttttttt said:
I'm exactly the same. i earn a consistent $100 a week, and somehow my bank balance at the end of every week is about $10. I can't even figure out where the fuck my money goes.. I don't buy anything worthwhile, I just seem to spend it on tons of small things (food, travel, stationary, etc). I should start one of those spending diary things. =/

I used to suspect people were stealing my money at home and after I caught my younger brother snatchin' a couple of reds last year, I bought a mini-safe to put my wallet in when I'm home.
i have the exact same problem. i have no clue where my money goes :S. and its only now that i REALLY need it because i have to pay for all this stuff to get done to my kitten and i am trying to get my hours up with driving so ahh not cool lol. thats a bit :S about ur bro stealing your money. goodluck with the safe.

scotttttttttt

HSC
melmelrulz said:
thats a bit :S about ur bro stealing your money. goodluck with the safe.
yeah, no birthday presents for him for a while. im scared hes gonna steal my safe now. hahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)