What did you just buy NOW thread? (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
That's cause you're a teeny bopper.

If you wear something without a collar to a club someone will hit you.
Collars were definitely not the go last time I went to fanny's :confused:

That club of course is a nexus for classy people and high fashion.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
that mascara is SO GOOD.

i presume you're talking about that new one?

it's brilliant and such good value.

heart heart.
is that the collossal lash one?

i need to try it, because my asian friend (who has the shortest, stumpiest lashes ever) gets amazing volume out of it.

i love my lash blast (the one in the massive orange tube) but i might pick up the yellow one this afternoon.

HSC
Arnold may be an icon of a lot if things, but fashion isnt one of them.

Also, when was that picture taken. The green is nicer than baby poo brown, but both are still sorta ew
Photo was taken during the mid 70s, around the time he filmed 'Pumping Iron'.

Trust me, the sperrys are killer. Nowdays I sit around in my chinos, polos and sperrys and everyone's like 'wtf, is this the 70s?'

But really, they have a casual look which goes down well drinking on the wharfside in a collared shirt. Plus, as well as not having to wear socks, people have flogged converse to death...

Graney said:
Collars were definitely not the go last time I went to fanny's :confused:

That club of course is a nexus for classy people and high fashion.
I think your first premise answered the second.

Newcastle isn't exactly known for its fashion. Usually I see bogans with no necks out in all that cheap shit they buy from Jay Jays. What pisses me off the most is when the girls get drunk and no-neck becomes 'realli cute' and thus I have to stand around whilst no-neck proceeds to flirt with the girls through grunting :(

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
I can understand dressing for fashion. But one must consider context in their choices. You say that Newcastle is not renowned for being fashionable and I would probably agree with you mostly. But the reason we don't dress like Sydney or melbourne is because we are not Sydney or Melbourne. Newcastle is essentially eternally casual and very much more conservative than even places like Sydney. People in Newcastle wear socks.

I'm all for projecting a personal style but a lot of the time I feel as if you simply try to replicate styles of celebrities or brand marketing irrespective of context. The outfit you just described sounds like a ralph lauren uniform. But what about you. Where's YOUR personality amongst all this replication, cannibal horse?

Last edited:
HSC
I can understand dressing for fashion. But one must consider context in their choices. You say that Newcastle is not renowned for being fashionable and I would probably agree with you mostly. But the reason we don't dress like Sydney or melbourne is because we are not Sydney or Melbourne. Newcastle is essentially eternally casual and very much more conservative than even places like Sydney. People in Newcastle wear socks.
I guess if you had to draw a distinct fashion for the newcastle area you'd have two catagories: 'waterfront' and 'burbs' - the waterfront is semi-yuppie and due to the weather always summery - dress shirts, loose jeans, cargos, chinos, sperrys, converse and no socks :p

The burbs, well, use your own imagination :D

I'm all for projecting a personal style but a lot of the time I feel as if you simply try to replicate styles of celebrities or brand marketing irrespective of context. The outfit you just described sounds like a ralph lauren uniform. But what about you. Where's YOUR personality amongst all this replication, cannibal horse?
I feel really gay being male and having a 'style' (if I said that in high school someone would make a wanking gesture) but I do.

I come from a french background so I have slim features but with longish hair and a gorilla walk happening from the gym I can't pull off a 'tidy' image.

I approach everything with minimalism - Newcastle's hot so you never need more than a buttom up shirt with sleeves rolled up, cargos and sperrys which works for dates/ drinking with friends/ relo visits etc. I also try not to buy out of newcastle because 'one off' items look out of place.

For uni I always wear polos, chinos and sperrys cause we have a gentlemen's club, which goes down like this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTU2He2BIc0[/youtube]

Last edited:

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
As stated in cake thread

- 1 pair of chucks with black and silver patterns, like sparkly silver triangles and black triangles.
- 1 pair sequinned chucks, in the pinky purpley colour.
Both like $85

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
yesterday i bought:

- the most wonderful glorious love of my life LACE BODYSUIT. my family and bf said it made me look like a hooker, but i think they were just jealous and also don't know ANYTHING about fashion.
- some glittery eyeliner things
- some cds
- 2 little hairclips that have black sequinned bows on them. cutest things ever.
- a pair of fuchsia tights and 2 pairs of red tights.
- a really pretty peach and white Pleasure State suspender belt that had little pearly beads and such. so good. i am sad i forgot to ask to keep the hanger, though. they are so nice.

Nanasaurus

HSC
food. a tall, hazelnut latte and two packets of lollies which were devoured by my friends at lunch- packet of sour worms and those fruit salad soft jelly things from the natural confectionary company.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
pretty blue stila eyeshadow at mecca, mario badescu enzyme cleanser and dove grey nail polish at kit and 6 pairs of cotton undies at myer.

HSC
N/A
black blazer and a shiny gray jacket from vinnies
vaseline
Dolly mag cos it came with mini hairstraightener (will probs keep at bfs house)
Grazia mag cos it came with Benefit badgal lash

.....just a little bit of post exam relaxation.

lpodnano

5eva alone
HSC
A grey cardigan from jay jays and a cute top from jeans west.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
a black singlet to put under the top I want to wear tonight, $10 (there's either something wrong with the size of its armholes or the size of my boobs, or both, because bra/sideboob shows no matter what I do, hence an underlayer)

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
4 tshirts from threadless.

They're all very long, though, and will probably have to be taken up. Unless i'm not measuring things properly.

johony

HSC
eugh
just went on a online spending spree

bought:
- asos overdyed slim fit trousers
- red cable knit scarf
- american crew fiber
- these socks off asos which i really like:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)