What did you just buy NOW thread? (1 Viewer)

chelsea girl

everybody knows
HSC
N/A
-fox fur scarf with little heads on it
-fox fur hat
-maroon felt hat with a little mink bauble on top
-a really amazing/horrendous bright pink and purple hat with triangle decoupage type things all over it and ugly triangle tassels hanging down

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
red beret off ebay. I need one for a party on saturday and I have ZERO time to actually physically enter a shop and buy one so yeh.

gella

HSC
$15 polyester jacket from salvo's. its a bit big, but i'll manage to do something with it :)
wallet from salvo's also
headband from some random obscure shop in newtown

johony

HSC
just bought a pair of a77 black joey colordrives for $89

yushhh

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
black ben sherman vest, amazingly exactly what I wanted to get and didn't think i would get down here! yay

yer8899

HSC
couple of questions:
- how much should a leather jacket cost?
- where is a good shop to get a good leather jacket?
- when do the stores start reducing the price on winter clothing, or am i already too late?
- are there any good jeans sales that you know of?

i was having a look at westfields parra today for leather jackets and jeans. general pants had a pair of pretty mad lee's for $220 but i thought that was a pretty ludicrous price for a pair. then i went to industrie and had a look at some leather jackets, which were $250 dollars while at myer (lol) there were some there for $180. am i kidding myself or can i get stuff like that cheaper somewhere else?

nb. the 'leather' jackets could have been pleather, i got no idea how to tell the difference between the two other than the price difference

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
couple of questions:
- when do the stores start reducing the price on winter clothing, or am i already too late?

i was having a look at westfields parra today for leather jackets and jeans. general pants had a pair of pretty mad lee's for $220 but i thought that was a pretty ludicrous price for a pair. then i went to industrie and had a look at some leather jackets, which were $250 dollars while at myer (lol) there were some there for $180. am i kidding myself or can i get stuff like that cheaper somewhere else?

nb. the 'leather' jackets could have been pleather, i got no idea how to tell the difference between the two other than the price difference
1. Don't know, def. more than $100 though
2. Don't know
3. Now/soon, but I'm seeing summer stuff coming out so better be quick
4. No. But I don't need jeans so I wouldn't have noticed if there was

As for the difference its pretty obvious on comparison, take something with you that you know is genuine leather, like a belt or whatever and check.
Also leather sometimes has one of those tags that says ''HI GUYZ IM MADE FROM REAL LEATHER'' on it like wool stuff does.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
try paddies markets, they generally will have some nices ones (years since i went tho) which will have the genuine leather tags ( also see if you can see the reverse it should be a rough sort of suede that is almost the same colour as the jacket (die should go right thru) if its synth the backing will generally be a polyester type weave)

you should also be able to bargain a bit but don't go overboard (aiming for 10% is a good general rule)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Check out second hand stores. Got my leather jacket for $20. Not perfect condition but easily good enough.

Bought Today: Chip Roll from the unibar. 11hr days make me hungry...

johony

HSC
couple of questions:
imo if you want a stylish +$100 one you're better off looking online - maybe try shit in whatever store and see if you can get it online cheaper..or buy vintage

same kinda applies to jeans as well, but i reckon asos.com has really good prices on clothes and cheapish shipping. dunno of any proper sales, except chronicles of never next 3 days if you know who they are.
Jeans - Lee - men's jeans - Lee jeans - ASOS.com

yer8899

HSC
cheers guys, shall check them out

EDIT: also
what are some good stores for jeans? (bar general pants because all the staff are cunts and their selection is p shit)
have you ever had any bad experiences with purchasing clothing online?
im a bit hesitant to buy offline just because ill most likely get my size wrong and then yeh

Last edited:

johony

HSC
cheers guys, shall check them out

EDIT: also
what are some good stores for jeans? (bar general pants because all the staff are cunts and their selection is p shit)
have you ever had any bad experiences with purchasing clothing online?
im a bit hesitant to buy offline just because ill most likely get my size wrong and then yeh
'that store' is denim specific if you want to give it a go, theres stores in chatswood, paddo and bondi junction if you wanna try. staff are of gp intelligence however.

no bad experiences yet - although asos sent me the wrong colour polo once because they ran out of stock of the other colour, i didn't mind though; but you can always send it back for a refund + shipping costs.
i've fucked up with sizing before, however i've just returned a long sleeve shirt from asos that was too big a full month after it arrived at my house - they replaced it no dramas, on the way back now, however i had to pay for shipping to the uk since it wasn't their fault.

nudies are rather cheap on there. like $150-160 inc shipping for slim jims.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
I've only ever bought tshirts online, no problems, tshirts are fairly hard to get wrong though if you check the size chart

Has anyone ever bought stuff like shoes online and did it work out? I'm hesitant because like, not all shoe sizes are the same, like whats a 6 in one store/brand is more like a 5 or a 7 in another...and the size charts on most websites aren't helpful lol they just say size [whatever] but they don't say for e.g. how long/wide the shoe is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)