• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What do employers think of UWS? (1 Viewer)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Jonathan A said:
So then you can't bag the teaching quality of UWS.
erawamai said:
By noting that UWS takes lecturers who have graduated at usyd and the like or may have been teachers at usyd and the like and using this to back up your argument that uws law is good you are accepting that the best comes from these universities. This is counter to your argument that quality of graduate or student is independent of what university they come from.
Do you understand that?

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
wikiwiki said:
Lol John. Freudian slip?

This guy wouldn't be accepted into the Young Libs. He goes to UWS!!!
I find it just a tad ironic that the Liberal government wasn't in favour of UWS. Or for that matter calling it Chifley university. Nick Greiner made sure of that.

Serious Performance
HSC
N/A
Hahah this thread's been hijacked.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
would you guys mind getting back on topic here? Do any of you know of any situations where someone has had problems getting a job because they got their degree at UWS??? If so post them and please stop the personal attacks, it will only end in the thread being closed and again someone simply asking an innocent question doesnt get the info they were after instead a whole heap of nothing

None of you are employers who employ people out of uni, so I doubt the person who started the thread cares whether or not you guys like UWS or the people who go there or not so either make with the stories or make up :rolleyes:

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
melsc said:
would you guys mind getting back on topic here? Do any of you know of any situations where someone has had problems getting a job because they got their degree at UWS??? If so post them and please stop the personal attacks, it will only end in the thread being closed and again someone simply asking an innocent question doesnt get the info they were after instead a whole heap of nothing
I think it was pretty clear.

1. Someone asks a question about UWS

2. UWS people, understandably, say its a good uni.

3. usyd abolution comes in and says that perhaps employers may not see uws as first choice. That he should not be tricked into believing uws people. they may not be the most impartial.

4. I say it depends on the degree on the student.

5. Jono A comes in and fires of his cannot in support of UWS. Most of it vague highminded crap that doesn't do his university any favours. He manages to get tied up in contradictions and while he at it hasa go at everyone left of him.

6. Flame.

7. Close of thread.

Last edited:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
melsc said:
None of you are employers who employ people out of uni, so I doubt the person who started the thread cares whether or not you guys like UWS
Yeah, i bet he was thinking that a great number of recruiting officers would be frequenting a high school/university message board.

Haha

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
erawamai said:
I think it was pretty clear.

1. Someone asks a question about UWS

2. UWS people, understandably, say its a good uni.

3. usyd abolsution comes in and says that perhaps employers may not see uws as first choice.

4. I say it depends on the degree on the student

5. Jono A comes in and fires of his cannot in support of UWS. Most of it vague highminded crap that doesn't do his university any favours.

6. Flame.

7. Close of thread.
I agree with you that it depends on the degree, and with absolution, but all this other crap is irrelevant so, for the purpose of keeping it sane in here, could we stick to the question, cut out the personal attacks and all stop taking everything so personally?

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
melsc said:
I agree with you that it depends on the degree, and with absolution, but all this other crap is irrelevant so, for the purpose of keeping it sane in here, could we stick to the question, cut out the personal attacks and all stop taking everything so personally?
Absolution's first post was reasonably truthful. A little harsh.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
absolution* said:
Yeah, i bet he was thinking that a great number of recruiting officers would be frequenting a high school/university message board.

Haha
I had a feeling that you would fire that at me :)
No, he was asking if you guys KNEW if it hindered employment prospects, so you could have easily talk of experiences you or other people you know have had rather than your opinion of the uni :rolleyes:

erawamai said:
Absolution's first post was reasonably truthful. A little harsh.
I agree, could have said it in a nicer way

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
melsc said:
No, he was asking if you guys KNEW if it hindered employment prospects, so you could have easily talk of experiences you or other people you know have had rather than your opinion of the uni :rolleyes:
oh, we at usyd base all of our arguments off reasoning and fact. my dad was a recruiting officer in the public sector for 20 years.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
absolution* said:
oh, we at usyd base all of our arguments off reasoning and fact. my dad was a recruiting officer in the public sector for 20 years.
well you could have said that

Any of you guys do law, I am typing up some notes and I was wondering, is negligence mens rea for murder or does it mitigate mens rea to manslaughter???

Jonathan A

HSC
wikiwiki said:
Lol John. Freudian slip?

This guy wouldn't be accepted into the Young Libs. He goes to UWS!!!

I have been a member for over two years and have good connections in the party - and Policy Vice President of Ashfield - largest branch in NSW.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Robbie1 - Its up to you to put whatever weight on everyone's opinions in here, but if you decide that you don't want to do ur degree at UWS, you can do it at UNSW, except instead of doing a social science and chosing criminology as your major its a little different, the degree is actually called Social Science (Criminology) but is its own degree :) Thats why I cant combine it with law there

Anyone got an idea?? is negligence mens rea for murder or does it mitigate mens rea to make it manslaughter???

Jonathan A

HSC
melsc said:
Robbie1 - Its up to you to put whatever weight on everyone's opinions in here, but if you decide that you don't want to do ur degree at UWS, you can do it at UNSW, except instead of doing a social science and chosing criminology as your major its a little different, the degree is actually called Social Science (Criminology) but is its own degree :) Thats why I cant combine it with law there

Anyone got an idea?? is negligence mens rea for murder or does it mitigate mens rea to make it manslaughter???

It mitigates. You need an intention to commit murder.

But if you are reckless, you might be liable for murder.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Jonathan A said:
INterestinglu a great deal of Young Libs go to UWS among other unis.
No doubt epitomised by your over-achieving, de-intellectualised, unaware good self.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)