What do employers think of UWS? (1 Viewer)

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
nat said:
USYD or UNSW etc isent the best uni on the planet either, but do we come along and say its crap? No we don't.
natstar said:
If you think you go to such a highly prestigious and oh so classy university where you kiss your lectures arses in return for good marks and they kiss yours in return, then you can at least show SOME class, and intelligence due to your oh so awesome marks that got you into your oh so prestigious and cool universities that are like totally the best, and shut the fuck up and say something that actually is logical, mature and actually makes sense and shows that you actually passed English.

Jonathan A

HSC
There is no point fighting them off. We have to deal with them either here or in the real world. They are going to make up the intelligencia and elites. Just let them be. They wouldn't know what hard work is. Most students from UWS on this forum I know work extremely hard and are deserving of every good oppurtunity that they achieve.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Jonathan A said:
They are going to make up the intelligencia and elites. Just let them be. They wouldn't know what hard work is. Most students from UWS on this forum I know work extremely hard and are deserving of every good oppurtunity that they achieve.

My god you are a moron. You expect people to give you respect and you say such things? That is hypocrisy of the highest order.

I would be no different from me saying that because you go to uws you wouldn't know what hard work is.

Last edited:

Jonathan A

HSC
erawamai said:
My god you are a moron. You expect people to give you respect and you say such things? That is hypocrisy of the highest order.

I would be no different from me saying that because you go to uws you wouldn't know what hard work is.

If we are so crappy as you imply, why associate with us westies? Why post here? Why even communicate with us? You have only aggravated our situation? Let us be. The fact a person requested information, we gave it to them, with the same biases s/he would have recieved as if s/he asked another university forum.

Just go away. No one from our university on this forum likes you. You have nothing constructive to contribute. And you just hang around, waiting for responses to your posts. We don't care about you. You are lucky you this is a forum. If you were to physically annoy us, we would be better using our legal skills and having you removed.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Jonathan A said:
If we are so crappy as you imply, why associate with us westies? Why post here? Why even communicate with us? You have only aggravated our situation? Let us be. The fact a person requested information, we gave it to them, with the same biases s/he would have received as if s/he asked another university forum.
I didn’t imply you were crap. But I'd hope that someone who declares that they are a law student in their signature would realise that it would be incorrect and hypocritical to assume that everyone who doesn't go to uws wouldn’t know what hard work is. Just as incorrect it would be to assume that everyone who goes to uws doesn't know what hard work is.

It is even more puzzling that, in the same breath, you complain when people do the exact same thing that you accuse people of doing. Can you even sit there and not drown in a vortex of contradictions and hypocrisy when you state clearly that because people do not go to uws they do not know what hard work is? You then have the nerve to complain when people judge you on the basis of what university you go to.

Does your brain just not freeze?

Just go away. No one from our university on this forum likes you.
Are you in year 5? Do you think I care?

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
natstar said:
If your accusing jon of being in year 5, then have a look at yourself.
I'm accusing him of being patently hypocritical. I'm sure you would recongise that it would be wrong to say that people who go to a certain uni do not know what hard work is . It would be wrong to suggest, as Jono A stated, that people who do not go to uws do not know what hard work is. It would also be wrong to state that people who do go to uws do not know what hard work is.

It would be wrong to say that wouldnt it Natstar? To say that because someone doesnt go to uws they do not know what hard work is?

nat said:
Just goes to show that getting a place in uni, ANY UNI, is a GREAT achivement, and the hopeless and immature discussion of 'MY UNI IS BETTER THAN YOUR UNI" is totally ridiculous. If your accusing jon of being in year 5, then have a look at yourself.
I'm sure you are aware that you have jumped into this thread and defended UWS in terms of its teaching quality (and rightly so). If Jono A and yourself are going accuse me of being 5 years old for getting into a uni measuring contest then perhaps it should apply to all of us.

Last edited:

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
natstar said:
I didnt say it was crap. I just said the students and lectures like to arse kiss
I have to ask Natstar but how do you know this? But, correct me if I'm wrong, you havn't been to any other uni but uws.

It is the same argument as your friend Jono A is using to argue against non uws people bagging uws. People wrongly bagging uws have no right to because they havn't been - which is fair enough.

Last edited:

Jonathan A

HSC
erawamai said:
I didn’t imply you were crap. But I'd hope that someone who declares their academic brilliance in their signature while having the nerve to tell everyone he has great law marks (after one year) would realise that it would be incorrect and hypocritical to assume that everyone who doesn't go to uws wouldn’t know what hard work is. Just as incorrect it would be to assume that everyone who goes to uws doesn't know what hard work is.
So your logic is, what goes around comes around? Two wrongs make a right? I often say, a person who makes the same mistake as the person s/he criticised for, is a much bigger fool.

Does your brain just not freeze?
Double negative....

Are you in year 5? Do you think I care?
Yes I am. I don't think you do care.

...and you don't?
Well, I do attend UWS. DO you see me hanging around the UNSW or USyd forums? It is completely justified for me to be here. More so than you.

I reckon the High Court should establish a Tort of Stupidity. I also think you'd make a great defendant in that case proving the principles and establishing the tests required for a successful claim.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Jonathan A said:
So your logic is, what goes around comes around?
I said it's wrong to say that people do not know what hard work is based on what uni they go to. It has nothing to do with two wrongs making a right. I didn't say it is right. I said it was wrong.

What are you going on about telling me about how two wrongs don't make a right? I didn't say it was right.

ja said:
Two wrongs make a right? I often say, a person who makes the same mistake as the person s/he criticised for, is a much bigger fool.
That would be you who is criticising people for bagging them out on the basis of their university (ie people who do not go to uws do not know what hard word is...judgingpeople on the basis of what uni they come from)....and then complaining about it when they do it to you (of which I did not do).

ja said:
Double negative....
So what?

Well, I do attend UWS. DO you see me hanging around the UNSW or USyd forums? It is completely justified for me to be here. More so than you.
Thats highly spurious. Being a member of BOS I'm allowed to post anywhere.

It would be wrong for me to suggest that you had less of a right to post in the usyd or unsw law sections. I'd be called a snob and elistist wouldn't I? Isn't snobbery something that you are fighting against?

Last edited:

Jonathan A

HSC
erawamai, what can I say?

I have accepted defeat. You won the debate. I give up. I am wrong, you are right. UWS is bad, the other universities are good. You are going to make a great lawyer, I am going to provide horrid services.

I shouldn't have dared gone against the lion. Next time I drive into uni, I will remember all the things you have said that imply my future isn't going to go very far and remember the premises you based them on.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
*ding ding ding ding*

I think its time we get the mods to close this because honestly you are all going in circles! All you are doing is attacking eachother and the unis.

All you guys need to do was post experiences you or others have had and your not really helping, so why not take it "outside" this thread or kiss and make up!

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Jonathan A said:
erawamai, what can I say?

I have accepted defeat. You won the debate. I give up. I am wrong, you are right. UWS is bad, the other universities are good. You are going to make a great lawyer, I am going to provide horrid services.
I didn't say that. :rolleyes: Honestly what are you on about? Nowhere have I said you are going to be a bad lawyer. It's just that people are not going to have much respect for uws when you accuse people of doing exactly what you did. Peopl;e are not going to have much respect for you are uws when you state that people who do not go to uws do not know what hard work is.

Fin.

Last edited:

Jonathan A

HSC
No need Melsc. It's over. Tomorrow I am going to write a letter to the Vice Chancellor of UNSW and congratulate them on producing a wonderful student such as erawamai who speaks with gracious words of our university. Furthermore, I am going to recommend to my Vice CHancellor they close us down and that the Commonwealth Government take all its money and give it to the UNSW.

Jonathan A

HSC
erawamai said:
I didn't say that. :rolleyes: Honestly what are you on about? Nowhere have I said you are going to be a bad lawyer. It's just that people are not going to have much respect for uws when you accuse people of doing exactly what you did.

No, I said I am going to be a bad lawyer. And I am happy to say that you helped me realise that.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Jonathan A said:
No need Melsc. It's over. Tomorrow I am going to write a letter to the Vice Chancellor of UNSW and congratulate them on producing a wonderful student such as erawamai who speaks with gracious words of our university. Furthermore, I am going to recommend to my Vice CHancellor they close us down and that the Commonwealth Government take all its money and give it to the UNSW.
What are you on about :rolleyes:

FFS I didnt say you were going to be a bad lawyer.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
Jonathan A said:
No, I said I am going to be a bad lawyer. And I am happy to say that you helped me realise that.
I don't doubt that uws turns out good lawyers. But whether you want to be a good or bad lawyer is up to you.

Jonathan A

HSC
Fellow students of UWS, I recommend we all go to UNSW. We all leave UWS and go and join our friends such as erawamai. I am sure they would be happy to see employers have higher regard for us due to us being from a better uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)