What do you do when lectures clash? (1 Viewer)

hApPy1

HSC
...yes just that...im a little worried coz its compulsory to do 2hrs a week and each subject of mine only offers that really so ive had to structure my timetable around lectures...ahh im scared..what do i do? lol

iamsickofyear12

HSC
You don't have to go to the lectures.

Alternate weeks, or if one subject is significantly harder than the other then go to the lecture of the harder one.

If one has notes posted and the other online doesn't then go to the one that doesn't post the notes, and download the notes from the other one.

Some people don't go to any lectures at all, ever. It isn't that big of a problem.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
gmraso said:
you give up.. it's like parallel universes crashing basically you're stuffed...
and to the guy who said people on't go to lectures they're the same people that fail the subject
Last session I only went to 1 lecture for one of my subjects. The notes were posted on webCT and I still went to tutorials so I easily passed. In fact I did better in that subject that 2 of my other ones that I attended every lecture for.

People don't fail because they miss the lectures, they fail because they are lazy. If you are only missing lectures because of a clash then your more likely to do the work at another time, not like the people who don't go to lectures because they are lazy and don't bother to try and catch up. They are the people who fail.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Some people don't go to any lectures at all, ever. It isn't that big of a problem.
*raises hand*

@ thread starter...

life is preety much over...

with web ct notes and doing your readings itll be fine

hApPy1

HSC
gmraso said:
you give up.. it's like parallel universes crashing basically you're stuffed...
and to the guy who said people on't go to lectures they're the same people that fail the subject
lol..i agree but what would the university admin ppl/or lecturers themselves say about this? ..ie. lecture clashes...id call the uni but parents r still whinging bout a $20 bill i created ...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
hApPy1 said:
lol..i agree but what would the university admin ppl/or lecturers themselves say about this? ..ie. lecture clashes...id call the uni but parents r still whinging bout a $20 bill i created ...
I have heard lecturers in the past say "if you have a clash come and let me know and we can work something out".... which pretty much means alternate weeks or go to 1 lecture and download notes for the other from webCT.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
what about when there are heaps to choose from

e.g chem101 you need like 3 hours worth of lectures
there are 5 1 hour slots of lectures available

how do i know which ones are the repeats? i didnt think of this sooner and so i just picked any 3 lecture times, problem is now the only way i could work my timetable is to have tuts from other stuff in the times of the lectures i didnt pick

meh webCT it is, like i give a shit about chem anyways, it isnt even part of my major and i only picked it cause i liked it in yr12

sixb0nes

xor sanity, sanity
HSC
Suicide is your only option. :\

Note: There are other options

Last edited by a moderator:

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
Serius said:
what about when there are heaps to choose from

e.g chem101 you need like 3 hours worth of lectures
there are 5 1 hour slots of lectures available

how do i know which ones are the repeats? i didnt think of this sooner and so i just picked any 3 lecture times, problem is now the only way i could work my timetable is to have tuts from other stuff in the times of the lectures i didnt pick

meh webCT it is, like i give a shit about chem anyways, it isnt even part of my major and i only picked it cause i liked it in yr12

do u wanna change that to some other subject and u can do my chem course? i looked at the webct for it yesterday and its a complete other language.....maybe i should have done the bridging course....last time i listen to academic staff at the uni :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)