What do you guys do during breaks? (1 Viewer)

HSC
If it's an hour break, go get some lunch and just sit outside and just listen to music. If it's a 2 hour+ break, I'm in the library with my laptop either working or watching anime/tv shows. Of course if I knew other people at uni, I imagine we'd probably just spend all that time mucking around outside together xD

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
I have no breaks. :awesome:

HSC
Uni Grad
Chillax with friends, however if I dont have breaks with friends (unfortunately most of the time), I usually just end up walking around the perimeter of the uni a few times cos there is just nothing to do :(
I dislike using uni computers cos there's really nothing I wanna do on them.

Breaks are fucking grossest shit ever, ugh. Worst thing about uni hands down.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Sleep, eat, talk with friends, internet, have sex, etc.

izzy88

HSC
I only have one break and in it I have lunch and sit with friends on the lawns. Last week it took a little while to figure out who else was on campus/had a break when I did, but I found people in the end.

Last year I had a break in the afternoon and I would go sit in Taste and have a cup of tea and usually study with a friend. Much more relaxed/fun environment than the library :p

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
2hrs or more = me heading into the city and grabbing some lunch, then just browse around at shops

zxreth

HSC
hang with high school friends (although this will probably change once i make more friends at uni)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Chill with friends.

Sometimes study, if I've got shit on.

d0mokun

HSC
where are places to study that arent grossly packed with no seating?

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Fisher. Has a billion places, and is never really full until Week 8.
Badham Library (look it up - noone knows where it is).

There's a new place in Carslaw, computer lounge, pretty swank. Gonna be overrun pretty soon though as people find out about it.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Manning with friends. I pretty much lived there.

LightXT

HSC
Uni Grad
If it's an hour break, go get some lunch and just sit outside and just listen to music. If it's a 2 hour+ break, I'm in the library with my laptop either working or watching anime/tv shows. Of course if I knew other people at uni, I imagine we'd probably just spend all that time mucking around outside together xD
Are you part of AnimeSoc?

izzy88

HSC
where are places to study that arent grossly packed with no seating?
I would have said fisher (I always used to study in the stacks) but since half the building is being renovated at the moment, I'm not sure how free up the rest is. I would have thought it would be pretty crowded considering they've lost half of their capacity.

I think badham library is probably your best bet. Law library is hopeless, I don't even bother going there anymore (unless I need a law book).

alstah

HSC
Uni Grad
I have 4 hour breaks on Monday and Tuesday!

I grab something to eat, meet up with friends, read and get soem work done in the library and go to Broadway! :)

I used to think the only way to get to Broadway was to go through City road, then I discovered Victoria park! xD It's so close to USyd that you can go there in an hour break! :p

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
My habits will most likely change the further I progress into uni and the more friends I make, but so far my breaks consist of getting a quick bite to eat, wandering around campus and hanging with high school friends if I run into them.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I had my first legit two hour break today!
I went and got Indian with my maths friend and then she went to bioinformatics and then I went and did my tute work with my math and chem friend.
Yay.

I have no breaks tomorrow.
Yay
The next day I'll probs hang with my friend I met through a friend.
Yay

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)