What do you think about these subjects? (1 Viewer)

Gori

HSC
3U Math
3U English
Bio
Chem
Visual Arts OR Drama

I've just picked these for my year 11 subjects and wondered if its manageable to have 3u math and 3u english. Any advice? And I'm having a tough time picking between VA and Drama seeing as I like both of these subjects. At the moment, I'm 3/90 in VA and 3/30 in drama.

JoannaS2

HSC
Hey, i'm doing 3u maths, 3u english and chem as well next year!!! I think if you manage your time well and study consistently you will do fine. Wow, congrats on the fine va and drama ranks!! :) Personally, i would do va over drama, but i guess its all up to you, choose the ones you're passionate about!!!

Good Luck!!!

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
I not a fan both VA and Drama, I'll admit. Though I fully approve of your other subjects. Both maths and english extensions are perfectly manageable unless you have epic fail time management.

caffeinated4

straws; I clutch at them
HSC
I think you should do VA, because you have to be REALLY serious about Drama to do really well (so I've heard) and you're doing great in both of VA and Drama, so really whichever one you personally think you will enjoy better, get beter marks or whatever you want out of year 11. I personally am terrible at both of the subjects. And about the Maths AND English Extension courses, you need to be interested in Maths and English a lot to want to do another 2 hours in each subject a week. It is definately manageable unless you have terrible procrastination habits and/or are terrible in both.

MissGiggles

HSC
i started yr 11 this year with ext. maths, ext. english, chem, bio and studies of religion 2 coz its compulsory at my school...religious

one term in i dropped the ext. of maths and a unit of rel and picked up drama....i'm loving every minute of it!!!!!! seriously, we spend almost every lesson bouncing our ideas off each other. most of our workshops are paired but even when we get individual ones we say our lines to each other and help each other out. it's a subject you're never alone in :)

at the moment we have to make up our own absurdist script based on the class system which we will perform in a week for our yearly assesssment. the six of us (our choice of group) spent our hour today arguing about the characters and setting. we could have just written down our discussion for the script: "how many classes will we have?" "who of us will be upper and lower?" "what's going to happen?" me: "this is absurdism! nothing's supposed to happen!" "let's just kill [my friend]!" (fake girly screams from that guy) "no slapstick! let's do a serious piece!" "alright then, did we say two classes?"
so much better than slaving away on art, but if you love art...

the issue with visual art is that you need to like working your arse off at home on your assignments. my friends are coping but aren't happy about how much is asked of them. but if you love art then i guess you'd be willing to work hard.

and as for extension subjects, extension english is not hard english. just more english. as long as you are interested in english you will do fine. i scrape through with no more homework than absolutely necessary. ext. maths, on the other hand, is taught at a faster pace than advanced to cram as much knowledge in as they can. as long as you can deal with a brisk overview and stay on top of the homework you will be fine.

my advice: try both and drop down if you suck (like me lol :) ) and pick either VA or drama depending on which one you think you'll find the most fun. switch later if you have to

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)