What do you think of the HSC? (1 Viewer)

EvilRobotMan

HSC
I've heard "rat race", "stressful" as the main descriptions. But seriously, I understand we need to have a final year system to "sum up" our education, gain Uni admission etc., but it seems to me like it's more like "waste time waste time waste time all of schooling life - the countless hours we spent doing crosswords and counting cars that drove past, and then in the HSC it's all of a sudden.
+ Majority of the courses aren't available (at my school) so you are forced to do subjects that you aren't that interested in.
Assessments AND Exams? I don't think this is necessary.

In a perfect world:

We would only do assessment tasks and have no exams. OR
We would only do exams and have no assessment tasks.

We would learn to write essays at an earlier stage in our education.
We wouldn't be forced to trudge through all those boring skills in all those subjects we hated that are completely useless in years 7-10.
Languages would be encouraged like they are in European schools, just because geographically isolated does not mean we will be surrounded by English speaking people our entire lives (nor would we want to be).
People wouldn't be able to get extra UAI points for faking illness.
We wouldn't have to hear people bang on about how many hours of study they do a day because nobody cares but you and your teacher.

Last edited:

youngminii

Banned
HSC
Here's how it works.
Step 1: Rant about whatever.
Step 2: State your opinion.
Step 3: Explain your opinion.

You're missing step 3.

AnandDNA

HSC
I reckon the HSC is highly overrated and won't be as hard if you are consistent through the year. Even just studying 3 hrs a day for the whole yr is enough in my opinion

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Lol mate 3 hours a day is inconceivable for most people. If you can't get 80+ for UAI in HSC and you studied, then there's something horribly wrong. 90+ is within most people's grasp with an hour of study daily.

AnandDNA

HSC
Lol nah my study is inclusive of homework too. 3 hrs of school wokr after school is more than enough. Just keep up to dater everyday and revise over on weekends

q3thefish

HSC
I've started to pick up the pace and upped my hours to around 3.5 hrs a day? Lolz, cause I screwed up half yearlies - all around average/bit above average lolz. Dunno if that 97 is still within reach..:mad1:

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
hsc has been: fun, interesting, stressful at times, exciting, awesome, boring, etc..
but overall its been an enjoyable experience :)

q3thefish

HSC
i've started to pick up the pace and upped my hours to around 3.5 hrs a day? Lolz, cause i screwed up half yearlies - all around average/bit above average lolz. Dunno if that 97 is still within reach..:mad1:
+1

zazzy1234

Banned
HSC
peoples i know that this is a little off the topic but i have a slight problem:confused:

4 english standard we r doing belonging. One of ma related texts is a true story called "forbidden love" by Norma Khouri. But i've been hearing that this is a fake. Is this true?

i've researched everywhere but some site says yes and some say no.

does anyone know the reaaaaaaaaaaal answer please:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)