What do you think you got raw (1 Viewer)

mitchbazza

HSC
Hahaha the more starcraftmazter talks the further the day i predict he will get laid gets from today. Its currently around the year 2020. 40 year old virgin perhaps?

OutcomeNumber1

HSC
Hmm there seem to be alot of smart people on this site, and i personally love this site as well. But in terms of first in the state, i think theres a good chance it is a guy from my school, because he got 98 pecent in the trials which was alot harder and the two mistakes were from multiple choice.

Overall i think the test was fairly straight forward, i just hate define questions because i hate memorising text books, im a master at algorithms and flowcharts though, not enough of those questions in the test.

ads89

HSC
mitchbazza said:
Hahaha the more starcraftmazter talks the further the day i predict he will get laid gets from today. Its currently around the year 2020. 40 year old virgin perhaps?
lmaoooooooooooooooo na dude, you're off by five years. I think it'd be around 2025.

OutcomeNumber1 said:
Hmm there seem to be alot of smart people on this site, and i personally love this site as well. But in terms of first in the state, i think theres a good chance it is a guy from my school, because he got 98 pecent in the trials which was alot harder and the two mistakes were from multiple choice.

Overall i think the test was fairly straight forward, i just hate define questions because i hate memorising text books, im a master at algorithms and flowcharts though, not enough of those questions in the test.
It'd be interesting to see who gets first. I thought it could possible be a guy from my school. He got 97 in CSSA trials and 2 of the marks were from multi. What school do you go to? Wouldn't it be funny if neither of the three get it.

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
Hmm, will be interesting to see what they get once scaled. I would expect there to be quite a few people who get 99, 100 raw in the exam, but the position of first in the state comes from your overall HSC mark, so we'd have to wait and see how their assessment marks and moderated marks turn out.

Would be awesome if someone from Karabar DEC got 100 raw :)

FromDeeEast

HSC
ajdlinux said:
Hmm, will be interesting to see what they get once scaled. I would expect there to be quite a few people who get 99, 100 raw in the exam, but the position of first in the state comes from your overall HSC mark, so we'd have to wait and see how their assessment marks and moderated marks turn out.

Would be awesome if someone from Karabar DEC got 100 raw :)
i was reading ur sig and i dont understand how exactly u are accelerated?
so it takes u 6 yrs to do ur hsc :p
i was kinda accelerated til i skipped yr 8 :D

ajdlinux

HSC
FromDeeEast said:
i was reading ur sig and i dont understand how exactly u are accelerated?
so it takes u 6 yrs to do ur hsc :p
i was kinda accelerated til i skipped yr 8 :D
I've skipped two years, did Year 10 Comp Studies when I was 9, IPT when I was 11, Year 10 Science when I was 12, and now SDD and Chemistry this year, while still doing my SC.

From that plus my sig I suppose you can calculate my age :)

HSC
Ajd, you did better than me when I was 14 :p

It scares me, that people are learning computers at younger and younger ages. Can hardly keep up :p

ajdlinux

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Ajd, you did better than me when I was 14 :p
Yes, and if I do really crap this year I can always repeat it ;)

It scares me, that people are learning computers at younger and younger ages. Can hardly keep up :p
I started programming with QB and some old 1980s programming books when I was 6 ;)

Other scary thing though, is that people are learning how to USE computers at younger and younger ages, but not as many are REALLY learning computers. Only around a tenth of all HSC enrolments this year included SDD or IPT, and the number of students doing SDD has almost halved over the past three years while the number of total HSC students has gone up. Go figure.

(This is why we need Kevin's education revolution ;) )

Bazzamatazz

HSC
ajdlinux said:
Only around a tenth of all HSC enrolments this year included SDD or IPT, and the number of students doing SDD has almost halved over the past three years while the number of total HSC students has gone up. Go figure.

(This is why we need Kevin's education revolution ;) )
People don't enrol in the course because most schools don't have a good enough teacher to teach such as demanding subject, therefore its reputation is tarnished, and the numbers continue to dwindle. e.g my teacher didn't know anything, and I taught myself the course. Also, I'm not sure about the IPT couse, but the SDD course is seriously out of date, and won't be updated because its just not feasible, publishers, aren't going to produce a book that only caters for such a small subject with people disappearing. My brother did SDD 4 years ago, and there were about 14 people in the class. There were only 5 people in my class, and one of them didn't even want to be there. I've also got a friend in a class of only 3.

However, go Kevin07 lol, make university free haha.

oh, and to Starcraft guy, even if you do come first, I have more respect for the guy who comes second, because he isn't as arrogant or as narcissistic as you. I also find it hilarious that your such a good programmer (or so you claim), and yet you can't think of a non-nerdy username, i mean seriously, who is going to take your Liway Support Center seriously when it's copyrighted by STARCRAFTMAZTER. Maybe you should take a break from learning computer languages and re-learn English, its terrible, you can't even spell... and it's not typographical errors, you use a different type of spelling in the wrong context...no im not gna come first...but i sure aint rooting for you...go ajdlinux

FromDeeEast

HSC
Bazzamatazz said:
People don't enrol in the course because most schools don't have a good enough teacher to teach such as demanding subject, therefore its reputation is tarnished, and the numbers continue to dwindle. e.g my teacher didn't know anything, and I taught myself the course. Also, I'm not sure about the IPT couse, but the SDD course is seriously out of date, and won't be updated because its just not feasible, publishers, aren't going to produce a book that only caters for such a small subject with people disappearing. My brother did SDD 4 years ago, and there were about 14 people in the class. There were only 5 people in my class, and one of them didn't even want to be there. I've also got a friend in a class of only 3.

oh, and to Starcraft guy, even if you do come first, I have more respect for the guy who comes second, because he isn't as arrogant or as narcissistic as you. I also find it hilarious that your such a good programmer (or so you claim), and yet you can't think of a non-nerdy username, i mean seriously, who is going to take your Liway Support Center seriously when it's copyrighted by STARCRAFTMAZTER. Maybe you should take a break from learning computer languages and re-learn English, its terrible, you can't even spell... and it's not typographical errors, you use a different type of spelling in the wrong context...no im not gna come first...but i sure aint rooting for you...go ajdlinux
dont root for the 14 yr old

root me :D

ads89

HSC
Bazzamatazz said:

I believe that the SDD course is just a few dot points short (here and there) of the 3unit computing studies course that used to be offered quite a few years back - which would have had better scaling btw. The number of SDD students in my class this year was absurd as well. We had 10 students with four of us in the band 5/6 mark and everyone else failing. We also had to self teach the majority of the course as the teacher was just not capable - in my opinion anyway.

And as for STARCRAFTMAZTER, I really do believe that even being the best at what you do doesn't necessarily mean you can boast and gloat in your glory. Sure it's possible you can come first, but in honesty I don't think you deserve it. You'll find more opportunities with the program skills (you claim you have) if you take a different attitude toward it as Bazzamatazz talked about.

HSC
Bazzamatazz said:
People don't enrol in the course because most schools don't have a good enough teacher to teach such as demanding subject
This.

Bazzamatazz said:
oh, and to Starcraft guy, even if you do come first, I have more respect for the guy who comes second
Thanks, the respect of someone whom I don't know, and whom I talk to on a forum means nothing to me.

Good day.

Bazzamatazz said:
who is going to take your Liway Support Center seriously when it's copyrighted by STARCRAFTMAZTER.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here? I didn't make the software to be sold, or really used by anyone else. I made the software before I needed an idea for my year 11 project, and I didn't feel like paying for a support suite when I could make one myself, and I needed one.

ie. RAD, me being the end users, as the course goes.

ads89 said:
And as for STARCRAFTMAZTER, I really do believe that even being the best at what you do doesn't necessarily mean you can boast and gloat in your glory. Sure it's possible you can come first, but in honesty I don't think you deserve it. You'll find more opportunities with the program skills (you claim you have) if you take a different attitude toward it as Bazzamatazz talked about.
You can ALWAYS boast and gloat, regardless of anything. Idk your logic in me deserving anything either. HSC is just a stupid game, nobody really deserves or not deserves anything in it....
I'll find more opportunities with the program skills...if I take a different attitude towards a course I just finished...odd - I wonder what you mean by this or how that could work.

squeak29

HSC
IF name = Starcraftmazter AND mark < 98 THEN
Call Suicide(noose, chair)
ELSE
Dance around in glorious victory
END IF

HSC
You forgot the dollarsigns. Any language not using dollarsigns, is a language not worth knowing following. Also, my name should be in either double or single quotes.

You also didn't indent - shame on you!
And commands in CAPS? Come on, this ain't 1980 anymore.

Thunderbolt

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
Any language not using dollarsigns, is a language not worth knowing following.

You also didn't indent - shame on you!
And commands in CAPS? Come on, this ain't 1980 anymore.
Get stuffed. lol

I'll agree with the code formatting though. <sheep>Baaaad boy.</sheep> :D

Learning PHP and know a bit of Delphi (Object Pascal), and I still think Delphi is far superior to that of PHP... It's like comparing apples to oranges. PHP is web oriented and a scripting language; Object Pascal, however, is a client-side and natively compilable language.

I just contradicted the hell out of myself, didn't I. Oh well. Mr. Starcraftmazter seems like an interesting guy to pick a fight with... I mean talk to. :D

To stay on topic, I'll give myself ~75-80 tops.

Though Delphi for PHP is an interesting combination. :)

Last edited:

ads89

HSC
You can ALWAYS boast and gloat, regardless of anything. Idk your logic in me deserving anything either. HSC is just a stupid game, nobody really deserves or not deserves anything in it....
I'll find more opportunities with the program skills...if I take a different attitude towards a course I just finished...odd - I wonder what you mean by this or how that could work.
A different attitude toward knowledge in general you fucking idiot. So much for having superior logic.

ballistix

HSC
Starcraftmazter said:
You forgot the dollarsigns. Any language not using dollarsigns, is a language not worth knowing following.
You're an idiot.

Learn a language that is processor dependant, then maybe you will have some clue as to the real technicalities of programming. Have you ever had to allocate memory or drawn directly to a pixel on a screen using your web languages? No? Then shut the fuck up. Until you know even vaguely the process it takes to interact with hardware, you are just some hick who lives in some town where nobody has computers, hence you thinking you are the mighty god.

Myself?
Programmed (in C, a real language) a few games, themes, and interfaces for Linux on my iPod. Writing software to detect the iPod model and then scale an image appropriately, let alone creating offscreen buffers to increase speed of drawing is an accutely simple characteristic of what real programming involves. I took the test on thursday and am confident I aced it as well, and there are many more people in the state of NSW which are better than me as well. Just remember, you don't know shit. There is always someone better than you, and in your case, a lot more people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)