• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What do you want to be when you grow up? Plans for after the HSC? (3 Viewers)

which uni?

• Total voters

gloworm14

HSC
N/A
want to get into visual communication @ UTS
need >90 UAI

Nasonex

HSC
N/A
Re: Uni aspirations.

Bachelor of Rape at Lakemba University

Majoring in Massive Orgy

UAI Needed: 69

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

Nasonex said:
Bachelor of Rape at Lakemba University

Majoring in Massive Orgy

UAI Needed: 69
totally not relavent to this site.

BUT, i did lol

Muz4PM

HSC

Well, I was hoping for a Law/Commerce Degree, still am aiming for it, however it seems like a simple Commerce Degree is more in grasp. At worst I can get into a university with an Arts degree or something and then transfer across.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC

risole91 said:
Have you taken the SATs or the ACTs yet? Have you researched the entry procedures for any of those universities? Have you looked at the annual fees for them?

The Harvard one is what made me laugh the most. You need to know how to spell the name of the university if you want to go there.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

Tulipa said:
Have you taken the SATs or the ACTs yet? Have you researched the entry procedures for any of those universities? Have you looked at the annual fees for them?

The Harvard one is what made me laugh the most. You need to know how to spell the name of the university if you want to go there.
Obviously.
Im sitting my SAT's in november, depending on my SAT results i may sit the ACT.

Yes i've looked at fees, im looking for an athletic scholorship, harvard will prove hard in this category, currently michigan is my top preference for undergraduate studies, where my chances are much higher.

And yeah, my mistake in spelling the namein correctly.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC

risole91 said:
Obviously.
Im sitting my SAT's in november, depending on my SAT results i may sit the ACT.

Yes i've looked at fees, im looking for an athletic scholorship, harvard will prove hard in this category, currently michigan is my top preference for undergraduate studies, where my chances are much higher.

And yeah, my mistake in spelling the namein correctly.
You do realise that some universities require the ACT but not the SAT and that others take both? Do some more research and learn to spell. Then you might have a chance.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

Tulipa said:
You do realise that some universities require the ACT but not the SAT and that others take both? Do some more research and learn to spell. Then you might have a chance.
Maybe you should do some research.
The SAT test has a much higher emphasis in most colleges, some fo require the ACT, but the SAT is more important.

I have done enough research, i understand what is needed to get it, and I am doing whats needed to do so.

Muz4PM

HSC

ACT's, SAT's, UMAT's, HSC's, bloody hell, you need a degree to keep up.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

Muz4PM said:
ACT's, SAT's, UMAT's, HSC's, bloody hell, you need a degree to keep up.
It is confusing.

At the moment I will focus on my HSC, then my SAT, and i will probably do me ACT's just to be sure, unless i got like 1590/2390 in my SAT.

Muz4PM

HSC

risole91 said:
It is confusing.

At the moment I will focus on my HSC, then my SAT, and i will probably do me ACT's just to be sure, unless i got like 1590/2390 in my SAT.
Now you are putting fractions with letters. I wanted to escape that for the weekend.

However, good luck with your aspirations, university in the United States would be quite an experience.

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC

risole91 said:
Maybe you should do some research.
The SAT test has a much higher emphasis in most colleges, some fo require the ACT, but the SAT is more important.

I have done enough research, i understand what is needed to get it, and I am doing whats needed to do so.
I already did all of this. I'm originally from the States and when I was applying for uni here I applied over there as well. There are schools that are starting to only accept ACTs. Some of my cousins didn't even take the SATs. The ACT is actually a better measure than the SAT.

You should check out the US consulate in Sydney. You can make appointments with an office there that has a lot of info on various colleges, tests and moving over there. They used to run SAT prep courses though I'm not sure if they still do.

That's the best research you can do.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

Tulipa said:
I already did all of this. I'm originally from the States and when I was applying for uni here I applied over there as well. There are schools that are starting to only accept ACTs. Some of my cousins didn't even take the SATs. The ACT is actually a better measure than the SAT.

You should check out the US consulate in Sydney. You can make appointments with an office there that has a lot of info on various colleges, tests and moving over there. They used to run SAT prep courses though I'm not sure if they still do.

That's the best research you can do.
Ok thanks.
What part of america were you from?
Well one of my coaches is pretty much directing me in the right direction +
a mate who got in to a great college, he only sat his SAT's.

I will contact them ( thanks for that ) when i finish high school.
I aim to begin in either jan/jul 2010.

Why did you decide to go to uni over here?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC

What part of america were you from?
Minnesota but I've been here for awhile. One of my cousins attends Michigan, she's situated at the Ann Arbor campus. It's a huge school.

I will contact them ( thanks for that ) when i finish high school.
I aim to begin in either jan/jul 2010.
Why not July 2009? Check out if they still do run the prep course. It was really helpful.

Why did you decide to go to uni over here?
It was cheaper and easier. I'd prefer to pay a quarter of the fees for undergrad here and leave open the option for grad studies in the States - which will be more feasible because I won't have undergrad student loans weighing me down.

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

Minnesota but I've been here for awhile. One of my cousins attends Michigan, she's situated at the Ann Arbor campus. It's a huge school

Oh wow, yeah fingers crosses i can get into ross school of business at michigan uni on a scholorship.

Why not July 2009? Check out if they still do run the prep course. It was really helpful

Umm well i play tennis, so im taking a year of to play the circuit for a while.

It was cheaper and easier. I'd prefer to pay a quarter of the fees for undergrad here and leave open the option for grad studies in the States - which will be more feasible because I won't have undergrad student loans weighing me down.

Ahh yeah, i heard USC fees were like 50 000 grand US a year!

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
HSC

I had a friend who did the same thing... I didn't hear from him after he went on the circuit though.

A lot of schools hover around that mark. Harvard does for one. Plus there's no HECS system. It's all student loans (with interest), scholarships (hard to get) or financial aid (even harder to get).

risole91

I'm Coming Home
HSC

Tulipa said:
I had a friend who did the same thing... I didn't hear from him after he went on the circuit though.

A lot of schools hover around that mark. Harvard does for one. Plus there's no HECS system. It's all student loans (with interest), scholarships (hard to get) or financial aid (even harder to get).
yeah, tennis players have a good reputation of getting scholorships, so im hoping.

Maybe get 100% into a small uni like UNCW, and transfer with good results.

No HECS system, i didnt relise that, that is quite a bum.

Who knows maybe i will get lucky on the circuit and not need to go to college ( i wish )

el gwapo

HSC

oh man, i try not to laugh when someone details their university life 10 years in advance.

I suggest to keep a flexible "plan" unless you're hellbent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)