What do you want to be when you grow up? Plans for after the HSC? (1 Viewer)

which uni?

• Total voters

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Re: Uni aspirations.

Nasonex said:
Bachelor of Rape at Lakemba University

Majoring in Massive Orgy

UAI Needed: 69
same, but if i dont make the cutoff then something to do with eco. maybe comm..

ywontuend

HSC

I think my aspirations are more far flung dreams.....i want to hopefully get into Law/commerce at USYD or UNSW although Law/business at UTS wuld be great too

Chibios

is totally a-MUSE-d!
HSC

1. LLB/B Comm @ USYD
2. LLB/B Comm @ UNSW
3. LLB/ Actuarial Studies @ Macquarie

I hope to become a lawyer so I can sue the pants off my older brother for defamation (LOL kidding)

Muz4PM

HSC

Chibios said:
3. LLB/ Actuarial Studies @ Macquarie
Law and Actuary are going to be crazy hectic to study in a double degree. However, I guess that there are huge rewards afterwards.

HSC

risole91 said:
yeah, tennis players have a good reputation of getting scholorships, so im hoping.

Maybe get 100% into a small uni like UNCW, and transfer with good results.

No HECS system, i didnt relise that, that is quite a bum.

Who knows maybe i will get lucky on the circuit and not need to go to college ( i wish )
Do you play tennis? my sister plays tennis and got a scholarship into the Brigham Young university in Utah. It would rule so much to go for tennis because they get to play other areas and they play Hawaii haha, yeahh anyways good luck for a scholarship!

notaaron

HSC

the name i want said:
Do you play tennis? my sister plays tennis and got a scholarship into the Brigham Young university in Utah. It would rule so much to go for tennis because they get to play other areas and they play Hawaii haha, yeahh anyways good luck for a scholarship!
oh thats awesome!
whos your sister?

notaaron

HSC

Muz4PM said:
Law and Actuary are going to be crazy hectic to study in a double degree. However, I guess that there are huge rewards afterwards.
Actuary isnt all its caught up to be.
I thought of doing it, and my dad told me that he knows 3 actuary-ists (?), and all them of them only use the commerce part of their degree.

And that its such a hard a profession to find work in

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

notaaron said:
Actuary isnt all its caught up to be.
I thought of doing it, and my dad told me that he knows 3 actuary-ists (?), and all them of them only use the commerce part of their degree.

And that its such a hard a profession to find work in
Actuaries hold really great job prospects. Not only that, they also have opportunities for astronomical salaries once they complete all 3 required exams. Actuaries use more of a mathematical aspect than commerce aspect and there are only 1495 actuaries in Australia. That is not many considering that the population of Australia is more than 20 million.

Actuaries are highly sought after and many say that actuary is probably the best job one can do if he/she is good at maths and interested in commerce. For more info: http://www.actuaries.asn.au/ActuarialPractice/AboutActuaries/Careers

P.S. I would like to go to advanced mathematics course at USYD or actuary/economics course at Macq. I am currently swinging one to another.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

I reckon law/actuary degree will be suicidal in a way that both courses are very very difficult. And I do not think the rewards will be adequate in regards to how much inputs are needed to complete the course.

One has to decide to become lawyer or actuary at the end. Why do law/actuary degree if you are destined to become only one of them?

foram

Awesome Member
HSC

I want to acturial studies too, combined with something like engineering. If you do acturial studies, and you're not above average, then you'll have trouble finding a job, because math is for smart people. Maths isn't like building, you only need one smart person who can do what 10 or 100 or 1000 dumb people can't do. Simply putting more people onto a math problem won't solve it. Thats why if you do well in actural studies, you'll get a job quite easily, but if you do badly, you'll be unemployed.

carrots please!

not a malcontent
HSC

i find that the university itself i want to go to changes more than what i actually want to study does -

ie. was set on university of melbourne
now im set on usyd..

and anu isn't looking a bad option apart from the having to live in canberra part.

however i had wanted to do economics/ arts
but now i want psychology + arts

notaaron

HSC

lyounamu said:
Actuaries hold really great job prospects. Not only that, they also have opportunities for astronomical salaries once they complete all 3 required exams. Actuaries use more of a mathematical aspect than commerce aspect and there are only 1495 actuaries in Australia. That is not many considering that the population of Australia is more than 20 million.

Actuaries are highly sought after and many say that actuary is probably the best job one can do if he/she is good at maths and interested in commerce. For more info: http://www.actuaries.asn.au/ActuarialPractice/AboutActuaries/Careers

P.S. I would like to go to advanced mathematics course at USYD or actuary/economics course at Macq. I am currently swinging one to another.
think about it.
1500 actuaries in Aus, each year at least 200 people complete & start a degree, supply>demand.

IF you can get a job then yes it pays well, however you have to get it.

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC

mine is ever changing

but currently

Marketing - become a product manager and Human Resources Management - become a line manager.

and probably get a masters in either, depending on which i enjoy most

BackCountrySnow

HSC

~aussiegirl!~ said:
mine is ever changing

but currently

Marketing - become a product manager and Human Resources Management - become a line manager.

and probably get a masters in either, depending on which i enjoy most
I used to want to do marketting, it doesn't seem as interesting to me anymore...

Muz4PM

HSC

BackCountrySnow said:
I used to want to do marketting, it doesn't seem as interesting to me anymore...
I went to some marketing session at the uni, I was not overly turned on by marketing either. I thought that it would be overly interesting, however I didn't seem to see it.

notaaron

HSC

Muz4PM said:
I went to some marketing session at the uni, I was not overly turned on by marketing either. I thought that it would be overly interesting, however I didn't seem to see it.
My mate is obsessed with marketing.

Its somthing i would consider doing.

Last edited:

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

marketing's one of those things that seems interesting to me, but i don't know enough about it to know if it's something i'd actually want to make a career out of. same goes with psychology.

notaaron

HSC

Jachie said:
marketing's one of those things that seems interesting to me, but i don't know enough about it to know if it's something i'd actually want to make a career out of. same goes with psychology.
same.

Im thinking career wise

Make as much money as possible, with the least effort possible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)