What do you want to do as a Doctor? (1 Viewer)

lolcakes52

HSC
What worries me is that a lot of people I see just go "OH I WANT TO BE A DOCTOR!" with no idea what that entails. This pisses me off, I have worked in a practice for years now and the fucking doctors are scammers, they do 15 minute consultations and write shitty reports to make the most amount of money. I know like 2 doctors who have ever had a moral bone in there body and that disgust me. Don't become a Doctor if you aren't prepared to give away your life, you should love people and every time a patient leaves that room they better goddamn be better.

woof, nice rant.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
What worries me is that a lot of people I see just go "OH I WANT TO BE A DOCTOR!" with no idea what that entails. This pisses me off, I have worked in a practice for years now and the fucking doctors are scammers, they do 15 minute consultations and write shitty reports to make the most amount of money. I know like 2 doctors who have ever had a moral bone in there body and that disgust me. Don't become a Doctor if you aren't prepared to give away your life, you should loves people and every time a patient leaves that room they better goddamn be better.

woof, nice rant.
I guess it really depends. All the doctors who have taken me for clinical tutes so far (about half a dozen) and the GPs i've had have been wonderful. Like any career, hell, any GROUP of people, you will get the good and the bad

HSC
cardiothoracic surgery ! :)
get into med first

lol

by the time you people graduate, the competition will be cut throat level. So I hope everyone's prepared for a long, long, long slog. Wouldn't be surprised if PhDs become the norm for surg/top end phys.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
get into med first

lol

by the time you people graduate, the competition will be cut throat level. So I hope everyone's prepared for a long, long, long slog. Wouldn't be surprised if PhDs become the norm for surg/top end phys.
Some would say they almost already are

HSC
Some would say they almost already are
not yet. the RACS have some crazy expensive courses you can take which are weighted pretty heavily. That, and their 1 year anatomy diploma means as long as you have the cash/time, you can get an interview

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
not yet. the RACS have some crazy expensive courses you can take which are weighted pretty heavily. That, and their 1 year anatomy diploma means as long as you have the cash/time, you can get an interview
Oh cool, was not aware of this :)

Will definitely keep this in mind

lvella10

HSC
Neurosurgery otherwise perhaps be a transplant surgeon .. Can see from this forum alone how competitive the neurosurgeon residency placements would be!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)