What does this email mean??? Can someone explain it to me? (1 Viewer)

cxlxoxk

HSC
Dear xxxxxxxxx,

Congratulations on your recent achievements in Year 12! I am pleased to advise that your UAI makes you eligible to receive an offer for the course/s listed below, as part of the University of Western Sydney’s Early Offer Scheme.

707460 B Arts/M Teaching (Primary) Bankstown

707025 B Business and Commerce Campbelltown

Early Offer Scheme offers can be made to eligible applicants in either the Preliminary Round or the Main Round. Preliminary Round offers are published on 6 January 2009 and Main Round offers are published on 21 January 2009.

Preliminary Round

Preliminary Round offers are only made to first preference courses, so to receive your UWS Early Offer, you must have the course of your choice (the one you wish to receive the offer to), listed as your first preference by 2 January 2009.

UWS has received a significant increase in first preferences for 2009 so this early offer presents a great opportunity to secure a place in your preferred course.

If you receive an offer in the Preliminary Round, and still want to be considered for other courses in the Main Round, you must change your preferences with UAC by 7 January 2008.

Main Round

If you do not receive your UWS Early Offer in the Preliminary Round, you will still be eligible to receive your Early Offer in the Main Round, as long as it is your highest eligible preference. This means you still list your courses in the preferred order, and UWS will give you an Early Offer, as long as you do not receive another offer to a higher preference course.

If you receive offers in both the Preliminary Round and the Main Round, both offers are valid and you can choose the course you would like to study when you accept and enrol.

If you have any further queries, please contact the Course Information Centre on xxxx xxx xxx or email study@uws.edu.au. Please note, the Course information Centre will be closed between 3.00 pm Monday 24 December 2008 and 8.30 am Monday 5 January 2009.

Yours sincerely,

xxxx xxxxxxxx

Academic Registrar
Was sent to me just then =S

Last edited:

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
You've got a spot for

707460 B Arts/M Teaching (Primary) Bankstown

cxlxoxk

HSC
but i didn't choose

nor did i do "Business Studies" as a HSC course???

so that doesn't make sense.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
Or they're just so desperate for numbers they simply offered the courses/degrees you can do right off the bat.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
tommykins said:
Or they're just so desperate for numbers they simply offered the courses/degrees you can do right off the bat.
lol

HSC
I've got a letter from USYD because I had a course there listed as first preference. I changed it to a course at UNSW after it was sent and now I've got an email from UNSW saying thanks etc.

Universities will be trying to recruit people over the next few weeks, and if that means offering you entry to courses you didn't even apply to, I don't see the problem. It's not like it hurts. :p

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
veloc1ty said:
I've got a letter from USYD because I had a course there listed as first preference. I changed it to a course at UNSW after it was sent and now I've got an email from UNSW saying thanks etc.

Universities will be trying to recruit people over the next few weeks, and if that means offering you entry to courses you didn't even apply to, I don't see the problem. It's not like it hurts. :p
i got that.

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
OMG. What if I change my preferences and stuff. Hang on, does that Uni (listed as 1st preference) know about our UAI ages before us? Or else how can they send offers that soon? And what if we've got offers from two unis? (before and after our changes)

HSC
tommykins said:
Hahaha.

What's the address of the sender?

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Undermyskin said:
OMG. What if I change my preferences and stuff. Hang on, does that Uni (listed as 1st preference) know about our UAI ages before us? Or else how can they send offers that soon? And what if we've got offers from two unis? (before and after our changes)
I believe they're trying to 'pool' as many people as they can before the main rounds. They should now be able to see our UAIs on our UAC profile I believe. I'm going to allude this to Sport.

It's kind of like clubs are buying you (courses being the offer), they secure as many talents as they can early on so they can prepare for the next season. And the (by no means in this context) weaker players recruited at the back end of the pool.

I got offered the same thing from UWS and a load of other crap from other unis. To me, the Early Round offers end on the 7th so it's much better than waiting for the Main Rounds on the 25th. So the pressure will be off you if you do decide to accept the early offer.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
What's happened then is your school has applied on your behalf for the priority offer program.
They nominate 1 or more areas which they think you are interested in applying for.
UWS then gets your UAI once it is realeased and informs you that you have priority placement in those courses which your UAI enables you to apply for, regardless of your preferences.
So your UAI means you are eligible for those two, if you choose to put them 1st preference [even though they arent even preferences for you].
Just so you know.

Knowingnothing

Legendary!
HSC
Why would they select UWS Campbelltown? I'm going out on a limb and guessing most people would be closer to UWS Parramatta.

Well I applied for UWS Campbelltown, and I got offered UWS Campbelltown.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Knowingnothing said:
Why would they select UWS Campbelltown? I'm going out on a limb and guessing most people would be closer to UWS Parramatta.

Well I applied for UWS Campbelltown, and I got offered UWS Campbelltown.
Cut off for Business at Campbelltown is lower, thus prolly why.

cxlxoxk

HSC
Exphate said:
No, it doesn't.

It means that they have preround offers available, if you're stupid enough to want to do those degrees at UWS.
...i plan to do the first one...if i can't get into my first preference, education, but at other uni.

Moldy81

UWS Course Info
HSC
Hi, I’m a student of UWS and also work at the information centre at UWS and basically what this email is saying is that based on your UAI you are eligible to receive an offer in either the preliminary round or main round for the course/s listed in your email ... however offers in the preliminary round are only made to first preferences, so to receive your early offer you need to have your preferred course from those listed as your first preference by January 2, 09.
If you don’t receive an offer in the preliminary round than an offer for a course listed in your email can still come through in the main round. For the main round though, you can list your courses according to preference, all it means is that the early offer won’t be made if you already have an offer to a course you have listed as a higher preference.
Hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)