what does this mean? (1 Viewer)

FancyPenguin

HSC
NOTE: You will need to include sources in your response by providing a bibliography and details of the sources you used to research this task. Any references to sources need to be cited in the task. You will also need to provide a word count of your task.

Is this just a normal bibliography or do you need to do the stuff like on wikipedia where they have the little numbers which refer to a particular source?

astroman

HSC
nothing too complicated, do a harvard bibliography, i use this site and always get 100% for em https://www.citethisforme.com/ , you could also use the numbering thingy where you place a number next to a source and provide a source in the footer of the page. The word count is simple, it's usually provided on the cover of an assignment

FancyPenguin

HSC
nothing too complicated, do a harvard bibliography, i use this site and always get 100% for em https://www.citethisforme.com/ , you could also use the numbering thingy where you place a number next to a source and provide a source in the footer of the page. The word count is simple, it's usually provided on the cover of an assignment
so do I need to do the small number thing or is a normal bibliography enough?

astroman

HSC
you could do either, i would just use the link i sent and copy paste it to the end in a whole section. i don't think you get marks for a bibliography, it's just an ethical issue to acknowledge sources, don't waste time on it, focus on your actual assignment.

hungry

HSC
you could do either, i would just use the link i sent and copy paste it to the end in a whole section. i don't think you get marks for a bibliography, it's just an ethical issue to acknowledge sources, don't waste time on it, focus on your actual assignment.
if they said to include a bibliography/referencing then if it's not there, OP will probably lose marks. It's good practice anyway, since you have to do it properly in uni

FancyPenguin

HSC
so should I use use the small number things or is a standard bibliography enough?

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
If you're asked to cite you probably shouldn't use footnotes but actually use citations within the text.

FancyPenguin

HSC
when I do citations in text would I include the date i accessed the cite as well?
sorry for so many questions, google isn't being to helpful

hungry

HSC
This website might help: http://guides.is.uwa.edu.au/harvard

in the in-text citation you only include the author last name and year of publication. In the end you put a reference list with all the other details. Also if you take a direct quote, you include the page number in the in-text citation.

edit: also remember different sources may be cited in different ways/formats so be wary of that.

FancyPenguin

HSC
This website might help: http://guides.is.uwa.edu.au/harvard

in the in-text citation you only include the author last name and year of publication. In the end you put a reference list with all the other details. Also if you take a direct quote, you include the page number in the in-text citation.

edit: also remember different sources may be cited in different ways/formats so be wary of that.
thanks you, helped a lot :)

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I never encountered the need to use in text citations in highschool so i'd suggest that you directly consult with your teacher/co-ordinator before you go ahead and do that.

In text citations is more of a university thing, at least from my personal experiences.

hungry

HSC
I never encountered the need to use in text citations in highschool so i'd suggest that you directly consult with your teacher/co-ordinator before you go ahead and do that.

In text citations is more of a university thing, at least from my personal experiences.
Depends on the subject, I used it in CAFS and I think society as well

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad

Pretty sure we did it one year in PDHPE.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)