What elective are you choosing? (1 Viewer)

What elective are you doing?

• Industrial Chemistry

Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Shipwrecks, Corrosion and Conservation

Votes: 31 50.0%
  • The Biochemistry of Movement

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • The Chemistry of Art

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Forensic Chemistry

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
I remember back in the HSC our teacher took a year off. Then we were so far behind because of non-chem substitutes that we were given essentially a dot point summary to read over study break as our elective. Luckily it was shipwrecks where there isn't much new :D

bEAbEA

HSC
yeah, shipwrecks... I would have liked to do chem of art, but it was a vote is our class, and majority ruled for shipwrecks.

tennille

HSC
KFunk said:
We're doing forensic :D. I'm sorry for all of you who have to do shipwrecks :(.
I was interested in that until I saw how much of the stuff involved functional groups and organic chem. Then I thought "nah". Shipwrecks was quite interesting, though.

Jumbo Cactuar

Argentous Fingers
HSC
Would anyone dispute;

Shipwrecks +---> Electrochemisty
Industrial +---> Chemical Engineering
Forensic +---> Analytical chemistry
Chem of Art +---> Inorganic chemistry

I only have a vague notion of what they are about. Chem of art sounds like it'd be the most useful going into university chem courses though.
EDIT: Except the early garbage in CoA

Last edited:

Alaranth

excursion... ahh wat's that?.. I've never heard of it... oh wait... i think it was something that existed before year 11... before i chose the subjects that are ... what's the word.... "excursionless"... ah yess now i rememba..

excursion... when u have the opportunity to leave school... for one day... half a day.. even 1 hour... and enjoy the freedom of fresh air... even if its covered by the cruel 'exursion sheet'

boy do i miss those days

ok sorry bout that... but it's been so long since i last went on an excursion for one of my subjects.. the only one i can recall going to is the year 12 retreat...
REALLY?!?!?

I've had a million more excursions this year than any other! Every other week we're going to see plays or doing field work or performing Rock Eisteddfod or going to university open days! There have been so many, compared to almost none in the junior school!

Anyway, option...
I got so screwed over by my teacher. The first lesson we were discussing it, he said everyone could choose whatever elective they wanted, and he'd provide resources for all. I liked the sound of Chemistry of Art, and told him. The next lesson he changed it. We could do any one we wanted, except for Art. So I said Biochemistry. Guess what? Next lesson, we could do any one except Art or Biochemistry. Forensics? Same deal. So now he's changed it to EVERYONE doing Shipwrecks, even though everyone who wanted to do shipwrecks has dropped by now. Grrr...

kim_

also forced to do shipwrecks, wuld have preferred to do forensics....oh well...dreamerish ur sooo lucky

04er

HSC
industrial chem is awesome. Good luck to those doing something other than shipwrecks and industrial :p

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Shipwrecks...no choice.
I've got an excursion to the Maritime Museum first day back next term...personally, I would've chosen Industrial over Shipwrecks coz I hate ships and I've never liked them...Industrial seems to have more practical use in the real world.

NosaJ

HSC
Templar said:
If you think forensics will be fun because it's like the TV shows, it's not really similar.
that is so true. im sick of these wannabe gil grissoms running around thinking that hollywood tv shows are real and involves virtually no science.

wanton-wonton

HSC
My school's been doing Shipwrecks over quite a number of years and it was decided that this year we're going to do Industrial Chem...teacher said something about trying to match James Ruse or something? Hmph...

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
Industrial chem for me. We got to decide what we were doing as a class (theres only 4 of us, so it was easy). We couldn't decide between industrial and shipwrecks, but then our teacher said that he taught industrial last year and has never taught shipwrecks, so I figured that was the way to go.

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
jamesy_1988 said:
Why isn't anyone else doing chemistry of art?
I think it's a bit ironic that there's any art at all in a science course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)