What exam/assesment marks needed for 85.00 ATAR? (1 Viewer)

chris15497

HSC
Hello!
I'm currently in year 11 studying Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Drama, Society and Culture and Hospitality, however i will be dropping Hospitality at the beginning of term 4. Even though I'm only in year 11 I'm interested in knowing what Exam/Assesment marks i should be aiming for in year 12 to get an ATAR of 85.00. (This is so I can start making goals and such for each Exam/Assesment even in year 11)
I'm assuming for the majority of my subjects around 80-90% but I'm not sure how the scaling works so I'm not sure how accurate this assumption is. If anyone could give me a general outline of the marks needed for my goal that would be splendid :)
Goodluck to everyone undertaking the HSC this year :):)

Renegader

HSC
The best advice I can give is not to aim for 85, but aim for your utmost best. So if you aim for 85 you'll be like "oh I only have to do this if I want a 95 ATAR". So it wouldn't hurt and would actually be beneficial to aim for 95, or even 99, so that is like aim for getting almost full marks in every assessment, and if you can do that, you will have a much better chance of getting a high ATAR.

BenjaminR

HSC
Google Matrix Calculator type in your subject etc.... and you should get some idea including scaling. Good luck

MiPh

HSC
If the top 15% (adjust for dropouts) of the state get all 100% then you will need that too. GL :)

chris15497

HSC
Thanks everybody for your answers, I will now try my very best to get the best possible result I can achieve (won't be much higher than 85.00 I believe anyways) but thank you all for the advice :)

Bobbo1

HSC
Thanks everybody for your answers, I will now try my very best to get the best possible result I can achieve (won't be much higher than 85.00 I believe anyways) but thank you all for the advice :)
Aim for 99.95 and if you fall short it doesn't matter as long as you tried :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)