What extra stuff should we learn for 4 unit (1 Viewer)

kenkap

HSC
i was doing this mechanics question and they had kepler's law in it!

Alkanes

HSC
Man what are all these uni maths stuff. Never heard in my life. Could someone please explain so I don't get screwed if they ask.

Unlimited

HSC
Weierstrass Substitutions for certain integrals in 3u especially

ahdil33

HSC
So far basics imo some easy stuff, just learn how to derive stuff like Euler's equation and the Cauchy–Schwarz inequality, which will help you pick up those marks you were missing earlier. I would strongly then recommend studying the Poincaré conjecture as well as the Riemann hypothesis. Understanding these will ensure you ace 4u and hold you in good stead for the Q7s and Q8s and uni, and beyond :)

Btw it's my belief that all kids in selective schools learn these (we do, not sure about all of them), so if you don't go to one chances are you haven't heard of these and that's the reason you're doing so poorly in 4u.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
But really these aren't a necessity. The whole point of 4u or one of the points is to let you attempt to apply your knowledge on unfamiliar situations

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
As a 2u-er, what is parametric differentiation? Dunno what the words means but hoping I know it if it's in the syllabus.
Actually I take that back you don't need to know it unless the chain rule is in the 2U course sorry brain dead atm

manscux

HSC
So far basics imo some easy stuff, just learn how to derive stuff like Euler's equation and the Cauchy–Schwarz inequality, which will help you pick up those marks you were missing earlier. I would strongly then recommend studying the Poincaré conjecture as well as the Riemann hypothesis. Understanding these will ensure you ace 4u and hold you in good stead for the Q7s and Q8s and uni, and beyond :)

Btw it's my belief that all kids in selective schools learn these (we do, not sure about all of them), so if you don't go to one chances are you haven't heard of these and that's the reason you're doing so poorly in 4u.
Your bolded part is very very questionable.... please Pm after your results come up for 4 unit....

If anything selective kids (not all but it looks like your school does) treat maths like english... they memorise these stupid things and than like english paste what they saw into exam...... (i think i validate myself by your statement "we do, not sure if all of them")
we "other" kids infact dont know about these conjectures.... but mate the thing is WE DONT NEED TO KNOW THEM..... WE APPLY OUR KNOWLEDGE FROM WHAT WE HAVE BEEN LEARNT IN THE CORES AND APPLY IT TO NEW CIRCUMSTANCES

alexobern

HSC
^someone doesn't like selective schools

also i go to a selective school and the teachers haven't taught us anything outside of the syllabus and barely taught us what was in it.

quick questions though, are we allowed to use cis form in complex numbers? i don't think we are, and i personally wouldn't, but a friend has asked...

braintic

HSC
N/A
Alexobern:

1. Of course you are allowed to write cis. Why would you believe you could not?
2. Out of interest, which selective school is this?

alexobern

HSC
manly, and i recall the teacher saying not to use cis form as it wasn't in the syllabus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)