What happens if you fail an elective? (1 Viewer)

ippie

HSC
Well. I think I may have failed my elective. So what do I do? Do I just take another unit next semester? (ugh, that would make it 5 units, I'm already doing 4)

Yeah, not bothered to go and find out properly... was hoping maybe someone here would know lol

Peartie

HSC
depends on the degree....if you can still fulfill requirements without it then it doesnt matter....

or maybe you think u failed like i always do and then are happy finding out uve actually passed....albeit scraped possibly but a P is a P and P's make degrees....

X

xeuyrawp

Kabeio said:
Yeah..just have to apply to the board though.
.... What ... the .... fuck....?

Er, anyway.
Peartie said:
depends on the degree....if you can still fulfill requirements without it then it doesnt matter....

or maybe you think u failed like i always do and then are happy finding out uve actually passed....albeit scraped possibly but a P is a P and P's make degrees....
^ Exactly.

Not that in some cases, if you want a better mark, you can still actually repeat a unit even if you got a P. Obviously both the P and the second mark will appear on your transcript.

ippie

HSC
requirements...

well i'm supposed to do 23cp of electives.

So if I fail... I have to find another unit to do (and pass) right? I think I'd rather do another unit then repeat.

:S nah I think I failed because I don't think I fulfilled requirements to pass - *sigh* tutorial attendance. I don't think I went to at least 70% of my tutes, which is the requirement. I think I'm one off, actually, which totally makes me a happy camper.

Peartie

HSC
someone from some of my classes in first year - went to three tutes and passed the course and you needed an 85% attendance rate.....sometime they dont care

i know my tutor in pol in sem2 last year marked you as there if u werent......he didtn care....

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
i highly doubt they'll fail you if your one mark day off the required attednance for tutes.

what subject is it for?

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
Kabeio said:
Yeah..just have to apply to the board though.
lol i agree with Pwar! wtf....

just do another subject if you dont want to repeat it. If you fail a subject, u don't get the number of credit points it is worth... contributed to ur degree. So if degree requirements require that you need so n so credit points, then just choose another subject.

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
clairegirl said:
lol i agree with Pwar! wtf....

just do another subject if you dont want to repeat it. If you fail a subject, u don't get the number of credit points it is worth... contributed to ur degree. So if degree requirements require that you need so n so credit points, then just choose another subject.
ohh and don't do 5 subjects if u can't handle it either... i.e your working at the same time, its wayyy too hard, i've tried it... i personally coudln't handle it, not with working 3 days a week.

im sure there's a few people on here that have done it before in the past. ur best to research before u decide to do 5 subjects in a semester. Why don't u just tack on another 6 months to ur degree ... and do it overseas or something as a mini holiday where u only do one subject

hrrm thats what i would do.. go on exchange at least 3 times.. but time is running out i finsh at the end of this year and have been at uni wayy too long.

Peartie

HSC
you wont get travel grants if u only do one subject over 6 months - you have to be "full time" (ie 9CP) to get it

you could always do a summer language course....they count as 3CP and you get money.....

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
that is very true...

i only did two subjects that counted towards my cores.. the other one i did was an elective.

But there are sooo many subjects that u can do.. i did a language one that counted towards an elective, even though i didn't need it

iamsickofyear12

HSC
PwarYuex said:
Not that in some cases, if you want a better mark, you can still actually repeat a unit even if you got a P. Obviously both the P and the second mark will appear on your transcript.
Why would you do it again if you passed. That makes no sense.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Or if you needed a Credit for the subject?

Why don't you go die in a fire?

Peartie

HSC
but if u get a HD in 2nd attempt doesnt that bring up ur GPA or is it not counted at all?

from estudent:

" - While the credit point(s) of the previous attempt will no longer count towards my degree, my GPA will still be affected"

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
Peartie said:
but if u get a HD in 2nd attempt doesnt that bring up ur GPA or is it not counted at all?

from estudent:

" - While the credit point(s) of the previous attempt will no longer count towards my degree, my GPA will still be affected"
Yes, it will.

ippie

HSC
wow 2 pages already!!

Peartie said:
someone from some of my classes in first year - went to three tutes and passed the course and you needed an 85% attendance rate.....sometime they dont care

i know my tutor in pol in sem2 last year marked you as there if u werent......he didtn care....
omgggg I wish that were me.

clairegirl said:
i highly doubt they'll fail you if your one mark day off the required attednance for tutes.

what subject is it for?
Ok so the subject is CUL100. My tutor sent me an email asking if I had a doctor's cert to cover one of my missed tutes. So I think she cares, unfortunately.

clairegirl said:
ohh and don't do 5 subjects if u can't handle it either... i.e your working at the same time, its wayyy too hard, i've tried it... i personally coudln't handle it, not with working 3 days a week.

hrrm thats what i would do.. go on exchange at least 3 times.. but time is running out i finsh at the end of this year and have been at uni wayy too long.
I don't like the sound of doing 5 subjects either. My semester 2 timetable is pretty good atm, I have thurs and fri off lol (and I wanna get a job) and I dont want to change that. And I don't think there's any subjects that run next semester interest me enough. (The more interesting ones run in semester 1, it seems) It took me ages just to find an elective for next semester, don't want to try to find another one!

Wow go on exchange 3 times? How long is your degree? Hey, what's the application process like? Is there a section where you gotta write why you wanna go? Do they look at extra-curricular activities and stuff? *shrug* (lol so many questions)

If I do indeed get a fail, that will screw up my GPA and transcript, right? Shit, great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)