• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What happens when just about every guy likes ur friend or other girls? (1 Viewer)

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
you have no idea how much i love that iron quote in your sig

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Lolita25 said:
For some reason, this has becom a big issue for me.
My friend is pretty but puts on loads of make-up and is very skinny. She looks beautiful like that and when we go out, every guy looks at her and full on gasp and all that crap guys do. Im like the outcast.
I dont put loads of make-up, i have ur typical scarlett johansson body with the big butt and im not that skinny.
Some guys i meet are so nice, but when they see other girls who are just as normal looking as me, they go for that girl instead...
I think im just not the type for guys to go for :rolleyes:
Well, don't feel let down. Appearance is not the only factor people look into. It may be significant for some but it is usually not a determining factor. People look into factors like personality, common sense, intelligence and other things.

Jess007

HSC
obvously the guys you come into contact with are shallow guys..just wait for a guy to be down to earth and then youll get noticed...

kokodamonkey

HSC
must be because you do ancient history..

No seriously .

There are plenty of fish in the sea.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
Rebekkie said:
but whenever it gets too much, i'll go out with my still pretty but a little less friends instead. (and try telling her she wears too much makeup)

uh..... that is terrible.

lizzie.

HSC
heyy
dont worry about it
im sure your georgeous to

maybe even let her know how you feeel?

Salchow

HSC
Shoubadoo said:
How does that work? You ignore your friends existence, pretend to be confident...hmmm. I guess as long as it works for you, it's good. :)
She frowns at those beepers and passer-bys and acts a bit giggly and "snobbish" too - holds her head high and thinks she's the hottest chick in the world. I smile at them instead.

This was back then, not that I was desperate, but just the desire of being the centre of attention, you know...Funnily enough, I've been getting looks now that I'm in a relationship. Maybe it's 'cos I'm getting a bit "snobbish" too, lol, having a great b.f..

Last edited:

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Salchow said:
You know what I did? I pretended those were aimed at me! I pretended to be confident and didn't care about her existence...pretty soon, I was truly confident about my appearance.
Lying to yourself doesn't make it true.

Salchow

HSC
Riet said:
Lying to yourself doesn't make it true.
Lying to yourself can protect you at times and in this case, I gradually had self-esteem again. What you do, you may become. One might have to pretend to be something before they really are.

Fake it 'til you make it.

It wasn't all pretending though, I was also taking tips on how to dress, how to walk and how to have class; though she was only attracting losers on the street...she still had elegance. Still, I avoided being with her whenever I could, 'cos I hate being compared with. I was happier applying it all when alone.

Salchow

HSC
aMUSEd1977 said:
Confusing stating fact with cruelty it pure genius.
Nah, if you've got nothing nice to say, save your breath.

Not to you personally.

FeelBare

HSC
Salchow, stop quoting from America's Next Top Model o_o.

Salchow

HSC
FeelBare said:
Salchow, stop quoting from America's Next Top Model o_o.
I don't even watch shows like that, thanks.

=) no plagiarism detected.

Twilight25

HSC
Seriously dont let it become a big issue.

Its nothing to worry about. By the looks of it, your around 17 and still have enough time to think about that stuff.

I had the same problem but i learnt to deal with it.

Now i just dont care if guys dont notice me...some of them are jerk-offs anyways and ur better off not being liked but one of them!

Trust me. Im 17 and a 15 year old was sooo desperate to go out with me...but i knew he just wanted a fantasy, an experiment.

Dont worry. The right guy is out there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)