what has your schooling life taught you (1 Viewer)

arooshika...

HSC
im just reflecting on my schooling life, especially high school and ive changed quite a bit especially in the last 2 years.

all though my old school just taught me school studies but my current school has taught me to:
take risks even if i get into trouble cause im learning from my mistakes,
cant make everyone like you and the world is not perfect,
do not restrict yourself from anything that you think is right, stand up for your rights and if someone tells you its wrong, question them

these are just a few from the many

what have you learnt?

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
can't really think that far back now

biggest thing i can think of that it served my self esteem from what use to be utter shit, to egotistic bullshit.

I adored high school. Apart from the silly boy troubles I ever encountered outside school, high school was the best. We all seriously loved each other, we were such a great year, and still good friends.

yay for me

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
1. that everyone is different, has different goals and abilities.
2. tolerance and respect are the key to making people like u.
3. the world is not and never will be in my control and that i should accept and move on. theres very little point in trying to change things... sorry bit pessimistic but thats how i feel.

i think the biggest thing high school teaches is tolerance and acceptance.

arooshika... - what a great thread!

EDIT: i thought of something else... my bio teacher alway said that 'there are always better and worse people than yourself.' i kind of found this stressful and it motivated me to work a hell of a lot harder. i dont like to accept that there are better people than me out there... i know there is but its about acceptance vs denial.

Last edited:

Zedmeister

Terminal Procrastinator
HSC
that safety and stability isn't as nearly as exciting to wake up to as freedom and exploration, no matter how much we get used to it

darkroomgirl

HSC
1) Tolerance and respecting someone else's opinion are more important than total agreement (learnt this from all the History Extension debates we had).

2) There is such a thing as a teacher who makes you want to learn more (all hail Mr. Fitzgerald, my English teacher!).

3) Not everyone is going to like you. Accept it and move on.

4) Regret is the worst thing to have. Give it your best shot and just step back and see what happens.

5) Real friends are those who accept you not only within a fun environment, but also during your bad hair/mood/attitude days.

I'm sure I've learnt more than that, but that's all I'll say for now.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
My schooling life has taught me that tolerance is overrated because most people are superficial fuckwits who can't be trusted.

VQ

HSC
I LEARNT A LOT! I'v surely changed a lil bit/much during hi school

I learn that:
1. This is real world, u can not expect everything goes along ur r way everytime
2. Listen 2 others, tolerate them, and be less selfish
3. Pull down ur arrogance coz there are ppl who are heaps more genius than u, and even there are heaps who r more genius than em
4. Friends r there to help in needs and happy time

and tons of things, and I'm still learning now...

Abtari

HSC
ok, maybe not absolutely nothing.. i must have been half-asleep when i posted that :D.. ive learnt a few things no doubt:

- hard work doesn't pay:
the stale cliche, 'no pain, no gain' is prolly true but 'hard work pays' is not necessarily always the case.. sure without the effort u wont get anywhere, but, doesnt mean that putting in the hard yards will get u somewhere.. its not always the case. u might be weak in a certain area, and others might be better than u.. if u try to improve by relli striving, it won't always yield the results ur looking for.. and in my case, i feel (most of the time) that hard work hasn't paid at all

- u need to push urself
now when i look back at these last two years, i realise that u relli need to push urself to ur limits.. something which i don't think i did adequately.. possibly because of the lack of 'competition', let's say..it also depends on the study environment, school u go to and so forth... if u are not motivated, then its hard to work hard, and its hard to push urself towards a goal

- friendship is invaluable
as schooling comes to a close, u go through many instances of happiness, but also lots of shitty moments.. but regardless ur friends are always there for u.. sure, sometimes u might feel like killing them, but in summation and retrospective, u will notice that friends (and company) are priceless: we wouldn't be able to survive the hsc without them, and in a greater sense, life itself.

-BOS rules
..and im not talking about Board of Studies.. although they aren't too bad ;). I'm referring to Bored of Studies.. I only joined like last year sometime, but ever since, i have received lots of help and support from the resources, the SAM, the forum and knowing that there are others out there just like me.. sorta comforted me in that sense and gave me a sense of hope. thnx BOS!

MarsBarz

HSC
Success in the HSC is about self-discipline.

A skill which sadly, I do not possess.

HSC
1. life is not fair and will never be fair, but thats the way it goes
2. u can never be perfect so dont beat urself up about it
4. should never try to change youself for other people
4. u will eventually find a place where u belong (i know i did)
5. never mess with people's minds
and there r so many more but im sure u guys will get bored reading them lol :)
i've changed alot especially in years 7 to 10, become more comfortable with myself, found true friends who im comfortable with, stopped trying to be who i wasn't...
aaaahhh, as confusing and strange as your teenage years are, they really are one of the best times of your life

Last edited:

MarsBarz

HSC
midnight_magick said:
2. u can never be perfect so dont beat urself up about it
Yes you can. I mean just take a look at me for instance.

ladyknight

HSC
I think I've gotten a lot more jaded... but I'm a brilliant procratinator ;)

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
to never ever care about what people think of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)