what has your schooling life taught you (1 Viewer)

CoFFee BreAk

HSC
That...

* we all need to see things from two different perspectives

* perfection only exists in the mind

* a good idea is not a good idea unless it's executed properly (I'm actually referring this to our essays and other assessment tasks. I used to end up with excellent work while in junior high, so I always chilled myself when it comes to doing essays and stuff. The fact that I found myself falling from the top makes me realize that when we stop responding to change, we'll fail -sorry, still got a little bit of stress after the Business Studies exam)

* doing things with passion is the key to success

* I've become more open to criticism, 'cause after all, we're humans and we all make mistakes

AND last but not least, this is what most of you guys have mentioned:

* that we can't please everyone, but we can only be ourselves and our true friends will respect and accept us for who we are, just like we respect them

HSC
If y=x^n, y'=nx^(n-1)

Net profit ratio = net profit/revenue

NAIRU is the point at which lowering unemployment further will result in inflation

The Breznhev Doctrine stated that Russia could interfere in any of its satellite states

What ascyndeton means

That you should never trust what anybody writes about history

That there is no such thing as independent thought

I learned one sentence from each of my subjects. Everything else has vanished - two hours after I finished by HSC

lala2

Banned
HSC
midnight_magick said:
1. life is not fair and will never be fair, but thats the way it goes
2. u can never be perfect so dont beat urself up about it
4. should never try to change youself for other people
4. u will eventually find a place where u belong (i know i did)
5. never mess with people's minds
and there r so many more but im sure u guys will get bored reading them lol :)
i've changed alot especially in years 7 to 10, become more comfortable with myself, found true friends who im comfortable with, stopped trying to be who i wasn't...
aaaahhh, as confusing and strange as your teenage years are, they really are one of the best times of your life
Totally agree...also, that there are people in this world who are actually better than I am. Ahh...thanks threadstarter for starting this, it's very satisfying to reflect on the past 13 years of schooling, esp. the last four.

HSC
As well as whats already been said, Ive learnt to make note of advice and things people say, especially from those who have been and done what I havent yet because chances are I will be where theyve been and their words might be useful one day.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
tell ya what? i cannot WAIT until oct next year, when i can torment the 06ers with things like HAHAHAH SUCK SHIT YOU HAVE TO DO THE HSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arooshika...

HSC
shellybelly087 said:
tell ya what? i cannot WAIT until oct next year, when i can torment the 06ers with things like HAHAHAH SUCK SHIT YOU HAVE TO DO THE HSC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i already am
my friend in yr 11 said 'i am really hapy for you you'
my reply
'i am really sorry for you'

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
one teacher in particular taught me that you can become someone even if you have had a really bad time in your life, that yuou can survive it. You gotta be strong...

Bo-batron

HSC
That.... my friends are so amazingly important to me, how special people can be, how caring they can be.... and how much I enjoyed being with them every day! Which, I do miss now.
And.... how much fun laughing is! :)
And.... canteen chicken burgers rock

atlasheadKING

yeah, not having the whole social scene from school is weird... you still see your close friends but not all the other cool randoms who you don't necissarily hangout with, but you still get along with really well.

School has helped further and strengthen my appreciation of:
-sleep
-doing nothing without guilt
-friends
-beer and caffeine and their amazing abilities.
-sleep (deserves to be mentioned twice)
-my bed - without whom sleep may be possible, but certaintly isn't as comfortable
-cool teachers and their stories (esp. redders!- it may not haqve been anct hist but it was worth knowing anyway)

What have i learnt,,,,,,, lots. I will never, ever forget my student number (thanks to exams i spose, not school) and the fact that "The hyksos are ALWAYS revolting" (redders again)

yay for the awesome sunburnt, salt encrusted, full-bellied, totally chilled out feeling that i've got going right now. It lets me know i'm really finished school.

HSC
not to be racist like some other threads goin on. im at a school where all religons/races get on. i thike it that way!!!!

Smartie87

HSC
high school taught me to make sure my future children only attend the best private skool... and not to think for a second that teachers actually know wat they are talking about

neafoo

HSC
i only learnt factual stuff, it didnt teach me any life lessons like "stand up for yourself"
etc, people around me teach me that.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The most important thing I learnt at school is to do whatever I want when I want to do it and not take any shit from people who think they can tell me what to do.

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
1.the best thing in the world, is to learn from the mistakes you make and to make as much as you can.

2.you can't fail if you give it your best.

3. everyones different and that everyone has different talent, just because someone is smarter then you doesnt mean your a dumbass, its just that they been given that gift.

4.theres always room for improvements, even if you dont think there is.

5.appericating the things teachers do for us and finally realising how it they feel to be annoyed by students who piss them off and just dont listen to what they say.

6. a mark doesn't determine the character you are, its just a 2digit number on a piece of paper at the end of the day ! (in some cases one lol)

7.caffine is your best friend ! XDDDDDDD

Last edited:

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
This thread is so inspirational.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
ive learnt:
there are alot of sad people in this world
people are so bloody competitive
its not worth it
there is more to life than the HSC

karpov

HSC
N/A
ive learnt that everyone finishes high school on roughly equal footing with everyone else, therefore its what we make of the coming opportunities that will make all the difference...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)