What have YOU done so far? (2 Viewers)

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Lol how can they not notice when you are 50% over limit? Try being more concise? :)
I know. It's hard. I am supposed to write a 2000 word essay.... and it's now 4000 words :( there's just too much information to decide what is needed and what isn't.
they will definitely realise I'm over the word limit for this essay.
Gotta keep cutting down :mad1:

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Ninetypercent - if this essay is for Advanced, I recommend it not being anymore than 1200. Anymore is a waste of time and effort, as you will only be able to write 1200 in any given exam.

For Extension. About 1500-1700 is plenty. :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
My English teacher made us compose a 2000 word essay last year (Advanced English) but it was set up in a way so we would follow the rules for writing an essay and keeping the structure right.

Aerath is right about length though, keep it under 1200 words. I have a 1000 word essay to write (which will happen... I hope :S), and I'll most likely use ideas from it for my mid-year exam and HSC exam (after tuning and fixing). Get the essay concise now, so you can use it later.

Mehae

HSC
even 1200 seems a lot. last yr in 40 mins i was barley getting over 1000. well mayb its just me=(
how many words on average do u think u got in the hsc?

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
even 1200 seems a lot. last yr in 40 mins i was barley getting over 1000. well mayb its just me=(
how many words on average do u think u got in the hsc?
Everyone writes at different speeds, but I find my best essays sit in the 900-1100 range. :)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
In the HSC, for Belonging, I got about 1500 words (that's because I spent like 35 mins on reading task, 30 mins on creative, and hence had 55 mins for essay).

For Paper Two, I reckon about 1200 words. I write relatively quickly.

If you're writing 1050 words in 40 mins - that's fine. That's about the average. But people have received full marks with 900 words though, so if you're writing less than 1050, there is no need to worry. :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
In the HSC, for Belonging, I got about 1500 words (that's because I spent like 35 mins on reading task, 30 mins on creative, and hence had 55 mins for essay).

For Paper Two, I reckon about 1200 words. I write relatively quickly.

If you're writing 1050 words in 40 mins - that's fine. That's about the average. But people have received full marks with 900 words though, so if you're writing less than 1050, there is no need to worry. :)
I find I spend less time on the creative writing since it's usually just coming straight out of the memory bank and the reading tasks are usually done within the 40 minute time frame.

Geoffo11

HSC
As of these holidays:

English Adv: Read Frankenstein, watched Blade Runner

Gen. Maths: Zip

IPT (Communications assignment): Zip

Biology: Notes and Dot Points, Some revision.

D&T (folio): Zip

Visual Arts: I started my BOW on day 1 of the year 12 course and it's well under way. Did a little bit for my VAPD.

HK93

HSC
I made up a holiday to do list but haven't done much considering how i've worked basically everyday all 8 hour shifts :( But I've finished making notes on the first chapter of bio....which our teacher told us to do, done some maths revision, starting business and legal summary notes....so i don't stress too much for the half-yearly's coming up at end of trm 1 :hat:

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
As of these holidays:

English Adv: Read Frankenstein, watched Blade Runner

Gen. Maths: Zip

IPT (Communications assignment): Zip

Biology: Notes and Dot Points, Some revision.

D&T (folio): Zip

Visual Arts: I started my BOW on day 1 of the year 12 course and it's well under way. Did a little bit for my VAPD.
was frankenstein a good read and how did you find blade runner?

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
Yes it was a good read, I liked it.

Blade Runner was entertaining! The soundtrack is fantastic too.
yeah i enjoyed blade runner too :) i shall start on reading Frankenstein though haha

BHS10

Shining Down On You.
HSC
finished ancient notes.

i have finished 8/10 things on my to-do list.

The other 2 consist of reading Frankenstein and Hamlet, and completing 2 english practise essays.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
Is it advisable to watch it at home aswell or just watch it in class?
Watch it at home, all in one go. It's unlikely you will watch it at school all in one go.

Lukybear

HSC
Man, this is ridiculous. You guys all done so much.

Ive only done some math and bio, and thats about it... shame:(

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
^ you have to do more Luckybear!!!!

and everyone was saying that they were not gonna do any work in the holidays....

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
^ you have to do more Luckybear!!!!

and everyone was saying that they were not gonna do any work in the holidays....
I actually refrained for the first two weeks to get some rest and get my mind back together... but I've been prevented from doing any decent work because of all my shifts at KFC. I finally have some days off and I'm planning to finish my Chemistry assessment and write an essay for English.

I've got a fair amount to do which I won't ramble off and bore you all with here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)