what if you crash a HUGE test? (1 Viewer)

Thowra

HSC
Right-o I just completely bombed my last exam worth 20%, and I'm currently REALLY at the bottom of my grade.
So, if my ranking's really low and say in the HSC I get really good, then that good mark goes to someone else, right? So does that mean...I cannot get a band 6 anymore? And does a band 5 get a scale up?
:bomb:

HSC
why are you thinking so far ahead? think positive.. you've only done 20% of your assessment mark, you still have 80% of it left, think on acing that... Good Luck..:)

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
'09ers are the shittest hsc bunch.

jet

Banned
HSC
As others have said, there is still 80% to go. You aren't even thinking about your trials - 40%. Start stressing then.

zzzz12345

HSC
Right-o I just completely bombed my last exam worth 20%, and I'm currently REALLY at the bottom of my grade.
So, if my ranking's really low and say in the HSC I get really good, then that good mark goes to someone else, right? So does that mean...I cannot get a band 6 anymore? And does a band 5 get a scale up?
For your final HSC mark there are two components; your HSC mark (from the external exam which is 50%) and your internal assessment mark (also 50%). If you do really well in your external then you get a very good external mark simple as that. No one will take your good external mark away from you. What you are worried about is your internal mark which is linked to your rank and to the performance of your cohort. In this situation yes; even if you do better than person X in the external but person X is ranked higher than you internally then person X will get a higher internal mark. However just because you might be ranked low for one assessment (and only 20% I have to say; 80% (including the heavily weighted trials) to go) does not mean you will have an terrible internal mark. It all depends on your cohort; what school you go to and your preformance in your later assessments. Furthermore make sure you take into account the difficulty of the exams set by your school and the nature of your cohort. E.g. Coming average in a highly ranked school is actually a good achievement and can be equal or better to coming top 10 in a lower ranked school (obviously not necessarily but you do get my point).
Essentially the point of my rant is that your HSC is not doomed; you can still get a Band 6 and the only moment when it is too late to do something about your HSC marks is when you walk out of the HSC external exam. A 20% internal exam contributes only 10% to your combined HSC marks so don't stress and just take it as a learning experience to prevent similar mistakes in the future.

ryanto14

HSC

next time in the exam, if you think your gonna fail. swing back on your chair, try to break your arm and you might get an average or something

RuffWoof

HSC
There are so many threads of people whining about shitty results. This proves '09ers will be the year of the 'comeback' or year of the 'shittest bunch ever'.

Kurwa

HSC
fark me in the A-HOLE.......

shut da fck up with you and 4units.. im sick of people takin a piss from 4units, if you cant do it then drop it simple as that.. GOD.

tku336

HSC
does that allow me to whinge about 2 unit english though?

MC Squidge

BOS' Apex Predator
HSC
There are so many threads of people whining about shitty results. This proves '09ers will be the year of the 'comeback' or year of the 'shittest bunch ever'.
why would it be the year of the come back?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)