What is a good related text for imaginative journeys? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Try and find some... You might be surprised.
I'm not being stupid when I say this, but I am not familiar with Coleridge. All I can say (without meaning to be rude) is try and find some for yourself... Brain Usage always works in tight situations.

Sorry for offending anyone, it wasn't intentional

Cheers,
Glenn.Saunders (formerly MKZaa)

xkeiko

colour my world
HSC
I have been researching and i decided to do Alice in Wonderland and Finding Neverland.

Alfred_rulz

Very Important Person
HSC
Michael Leunig's Cartoons are very Good for imaginative journeys especially the 'Cradle to Grave', song "Imagine' by John Lennon is an excellent related text depicting speculation and invention. If you want the song and cartoon file, send me an email to (Alfred_rulz@hotmail.com), you should be able to find it on the internet...

C

CrOsToWnTrAfFiC

Glenn.Saunders said:
Some plays (Ruby Moon - Matt Cameron, Fortune - Hilary Bell, Wolf Lullaby - Hilary Bell...)
You cannot use Ruby Moon because it is a text in drama and you're not allowed to cross subjects, even if you don't do drama. It sucks though because Ruby Moon is really good as an imaginative journey.

loz05

HSC
hey alfred_rulz, with regard to "cradle to grave" by leunig, i am having great difficulty finding info on the pic. i love leunig and when i saw that u had said it was great RM i thought WOO!! would u b able to point me in the right direction as to how it relates to imaginative j's? gr8 if u could! also if anyone has any other suggestions for Related Material for imaginative j's i am getting desperate! x

Last edited:

Sam.

bored.
HSC
Go watch the movie Stay, directed by Mark Forster. If you get what's going on, it's a fantastic related text. Plenty of shit to talk about in terms of techniques. Seriously, plenty.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is also great, and is also fantastic for History and Memory, if you're brave enough to concentrate on just one text.

Try to avoid using songs, in particular Imagine by J. Lennon. Or any Beatles songs. They're all severely overused.

Cartoons can be good if done very well, particularly Leunig's.

The best two pieces of advice I can give are:

Try and find texts that aren't used all the time... just look back at previous posts and you'll recognise which texts are CONSTANTLY being used. There is nothing that bores an examiner more than reading the same shit over and over.

And... at all costs, find texts that have an OVERABUNDANCE of techniques, that you can use to discuss ANY question they ask you. You should walk in to the exam definite that you have every base covered in terms of relating idea to technique. The rest you can generally come up with on the spot. With practice.

Last edited:

shuochen

HSC
well i'm using James Thurber's short story "Secret Life of Walter Mitty" and if you want it in another form, there a movie of it as well.

U2's Song Lyric "Beautiful Day" isn't so bad either

enzyme

HSC
buzzcut!
i know its you,ben.tis emma here.are you in top boys?because encouraging you to use a poem sounds very much like a woman who goes by the name of... mrs stevens.

we had a speech on friday for imaginative journeys,and i used life of pi as my additional material.it works well :)

peggd

HSC
hey solitarie,
do u hav any notes or nethin u can give me to help me understand donnie darko?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)