What is everyone doing for their Major? (1 Viewer)

rissy16

HSC
I am doing three works about: "innocence verses non-innocence"

I am placing ancient pictures of watches hanging in the eyes of children, with also the poems "Songs Of Innocence" by William Blake over them.

Tell us all what you are doing for your art major......

spoonbender

HSC
I have no idea what to do for my major work. I'm thinking about doing a video/computer graphics (more inclined towards the video) but I don't know how to go about it and I am having major difficulty in finding something something I'm interested in/a concept. Also, 80% of the work apparently has to be done at school and my school's art department doesn't have any computers.

johnnyJIM

HSC
spoonbender said:
I have no idea what to do for my major work. I'm thinking about doing a video/computer graphics (more inclined towards the video) but I don't know how to go about it and I am having major difficulty in finding something something I'm interested in/a concept. Also, 80% of the work apparently has to be done at school and my school's art department doesn't have any computers.
its due in 10weeks, you better get started

Oxytocin

HSC
I wish I knew...I had it all down for a Postmodern photography collection commenting on superficial judgements of people...but then my teacher had a series of 'brainwaves' which ended in my doing abstract watercolour paintings of micro-organisms (don't even ask, it makes me angry to even THINK about it...)

Hopefully though, it'll be a collection of drawings in ink, pencil and watercolour, of abstract things from the micro-cosm, forming the macro-cosm when put together, influenced by Mirrormask...it will be pretty cool if she agrees to let me do it.

goosiegoo

HSC
Oxytocin said:
I wish I knew...I had it all down for a Postmodern photography collection commenting on superficial judgements of people...but then my teacher had a series of 'brainwaves' which ended in my doing abstract watercolour paintings of micro-organisms (don't even ask, it makes me angry to even THINK about it...)

Hopefully though, it'll be a collection of drawings in ink, pencil and watercolour, of abstract things from the micro-cosm, forming the macro-cosm when put together, influenced by Mirrormask...it will be pretty cool if she agrees to let me do it.
If she agrees to let you do it? Prrt, i didn't even tell my teacher what i was doing until a while after i had started, and if they told me not to do it i'd say no. Hah. It's your artwork so you should be able to do what you want...

Abbyruth

HSC
I'm doing a clay animation. It is taking FOREVER. But it's fun to do. I don't really have a theme or anything, though. At the moment, it's just random bits and pieces. I'm startig to worry about it. I also have a question: If you're doing film and video, can you incorporate different styles of art into it aswell... As in, painting or drawing, and then enter it in a collection of works? My art teacher says no, but I tend to disagree, as I can't see anywhere that that's not allowed....?

goosiegoo

HSC
Abbyruth said:
I'm doing a clay animation. It is taking FOREVER. But it's fun to do. I don't really have a theme or anything, though. At the moment, it's just random bits and pieces. I'm startig to worry about it. I also have a question: If you're doing film and video, can you incorporate different styles of art into it aswell... As in, painting or drawing, and then enter it in a collection of works? My art teacher says no, but I tend to disagree, as I can't see anywhere that that's not allowed....?
Yes you can. It's a body of work, so you'd just enter it as mixed media. Someone in art express this year had a collection of photographs, etc, and a film.

spoonbender

HSC
johnnyJIM said:
its due in 10weeks, you better get started
It is?!?!!?!? Oh snap! My teacher somehow skipped that teensy detail. I need some concept ideas T__T

goosiegoo

HSC
spoonbender said:
It is?!?!!?!? Oh snap! My teacher somehow skipped that teensy detail. I need some concept ideas T__T
Yes, you probably should.

Some Guy

HSC
Oxytocin said:
...but then my teacher had a series of 'brainwaves' which ended in my doing abstract watercolour paintings of micro-organisms (don't even ask, it makes me angry to even THINK about it...)
Dont you just hate it when art teachers do that?? Im doing photog as well, on the urban landscape, was hoping to do a more specific theme such as the void of urban life but my teacher also had an 'artistic moment', now im doing some small abstract paintings to accompany the photos, problem being that i cant really paint... ><

All the best to everyone here ^^

emdrinan

HSC
its times like these i really appreciate my art teacher, never once has she told me not to do something, infact ive never heard her tell anyone not to do something, shell always give advice though, but by suggesting things as in... well have you thought of doing that this way?!

yeah shes great... but shes on maternity leave now so we have a substitute, during the most important time to but oh well

biggie walls

HSC
yeah fuck these art teachers that tell you what to do! my teacher let us do pretty much anything and always offered constructive critiscism that actually helped us to develop our own process... not some bullshit style conjured up to please the masses... kuntss!

M3E3L3

HSC
yeah well art teacher is stressing out and we got a big lecture yesti they said we should be in the finishing stage of our works and that we should be constantly coming in to do so however i dont think they realise that we have other subjects that need to be worked onas well for instance we had an english assement due today and we all were working on that this week they just need to learn we have to prioritise but im almost finshed ive only got 4 more pieces to go and i have completed 8 so im getting there, my work is on dyslexia and how a disability shouldnt stop u from doing wotever u want.

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
mixed media= sculpture and photos
concept is about the truth of experience and how it has shaped my belifs of myself and world in conjucntion with memories that i would have been better of forgotten.

jirwin

HSC
the art teachers HATE my art work. just had a review - they basically said they didn't like it, want me to change it and all this shit - im thinking about just dropping the subject, like i need to begin another art project when i ahve art and dnt majors due the same bloody day!

goosiegoo

HSC
jirwin said:
the art teachers HATE my art work. just had a review - they basically said they didn't like it, want me to change it and all this shit - im thinking about just dropping the subject, like i need to begin another art project when i ahve art and dnt majors due the same bloody day!
Oh well, stuff them. :p They're not the art markers.... and it's obviously too late to start another artwork, so unless they've offerred you some suggestions on making your current on better i'd completely ignore them and submit the one you have. Don't drop it now... after all the work you've done all year.

emdrinan

HSC
i reckon just do the best you can with it-- thats what im doing ha ha just hope it works out ok

anyway if the teachers who said that dont mark hsc-- WHO CARES?! lol just make the markers happy and i wouldnt drop it aye youve spent a year on it itd keep it and hope for the best

mine: mixed media-- latex sculptures and manipulated photos
about skin cancer-- using max dupains "the sunbaker" and reinterpreting it-- still gota make more latex body parts and go get new photos and edit them-- had an assessment the other day where some teachers from another school came and looked at our works and gave advice so yeah lots more to do now-- more than i thought-- i have to make some shadow boxs or display cases?! bah...

Last edited:

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
dear, wtf! the teachers cant do shit
the teachers can help, tell you to change it, all they can do is sit back and SUGGEST AND GIVE ADVICE.

+ its your body of work not theirs love

jess.webb

HSC
im doing a pop art kinda series of painting of all my friends and family, concentrating on the beauty of relationships.... going through the colour scheme.... if u wanna see a few there on my myspace... ull have to search me tho cos ive forgotton what it is... XXXXX good luck everyone XXXX

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)