What is MATH2701 like? (1 Viewer)

leehuan

HSC
Basically as the title suggests.

I don't really know who to ask (Shadowdude maybe?) so I'm just leaving this here. Does anyone have any insight on how difficult this course is and any tips to doing well in it?

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
goodluck u should try ur luck in mathsoc groups, only pple in adv maths thinking of majoring in pure do this

He-Mann

Vexed?
HSC
N/A
When I did it, we had Jie Du for Abstract Algebra (first half of semester) and Lee Zhao for Fundamental Analysis (secomd half of semester).

Abstract algebra was difficult due to the fact that Jie Du rarely gave us intuition to start with but he was very rigorous. It's new stuff too so you can't chill at the beginning. Iirc, it includes group theory and how to use abstract objects to work geometrically, and their properties.

As for Fundamental Analysis, it began with mostly inequalities. You did MX2 in highschool so it might be fun (friends and I thought it was super fun!). You learnt stuff like Cauchy Schwarz, Jensen's inequality etc. New stuff appears after and it's weird stuff (p-adic numbers, dedekind cuts,...) but I didn't look at those properly so can't say much.

leehuan

HSC
goodluck u should try ur luck in mathsoc groups, only pple in adv maths thinking of majoring in pure do this
I know. RIP. It's like a pure maths trademark course.

And I wanna do pure...

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)