• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

What is Medical Science? (1 Viewer)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Most people on this forum considering this degree wouldn't want to pay 2 years not commonwealth supported for masters/4 years for PhD/6 Years MBBS. I'm advising whoever is considering this field that there is alot of people.
That's a choice that some people might make. Also, some master's programs are actually Commonwealth Supported and are offered through the same CSP (the new HECS) scheme that most bachelor's programs are. In saying this, not many are, and I only know of a few Masters programs that do this.
Point taken.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
Are you joking? I got 4 job interviews in just under a month, I also met with board members from a number of companies. Maybe if you limit yourself to typing 'medical science graduate' into seek then it'll be 'EXTREMELY HARD'
You have Honours I and University medal you fucking twat

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
That's a choice that some people might make. Also, some master's programs are actually Commonwealth Supported and are offered through the same CSP (the new HECS) scheme that most bachelor's programs are. In saying this, not many are, and I only know of a few Masters programs that do this.
Point taken.
They are full fee though so enjoy your $50k HECS

TheTutorBot

HSC
I'm doing medical physics (which is a similar but different degree) because I want to get into either isotope production or radiation dosimetry, not because I'm a twat that wants to do medicine...I consider myself a physics student before med student.

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
I'm doing medical physics (which is a similar but different degree) because I want to get into either isotope production or radiation dosimetry, not because I'm a twat that wants to do medicine...I consider myself a physics student before med student.
prob because its not a med degree so you arent a med student

fishfingerz

HSC
the pay for med science grads would culminate at 80k too. with doctors, there is no limit i guess. and notre dame is post grad med too. but if you wanna do med, think about interstate options as well. plus u don't neccessarliy have to do med science. They don't look at your degree to closely, so you could do commerce, or i dunno education and still apply. first your gpa, then ur gamsat score. finally ur interview. I think griffith is less stringent.

does anyone know how someone can apply for undergrad without atar?

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
the pay for med science grads would culminate at 80k too. with doctors, there is no limit i guess. and notre dame is post grad med too. but if you wanna do med, think about interstate options as well. plus u don't neccessarliy have to do med science. They don't look at your degree to closely, so you could do commerce, or i dunno education and still apply. first your gpa, then ur gamsat score. finally ur interview. I think griffith is less stringent.

does anyone know how someone can apply for undergrad without atar?
the only course u can get into without an atar is arts. any other course is out of the question.

fishfingerz

HSC
I meant undergrad medicine. Like after completing your first sem or first year of uni, in order to apply to med.

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
I meant undergrad medicine. Like after completing your first sem or first year of uni, in order to apply to med.
well if you got into an undergrad uni course, then you must've had an atar or equivalent. they will look at that and ur uni gpa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)