What is so good about Acst??? (1 Viewer)

Logix

Well, the topic basically says it all.....

There is a high demand for this course in uni.
It is hard to find a job as an actuary.
The course is hard and demanding.

So what are the benefits??????????? And why does everyone want to do this course????

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
..theres like alot of these threads in the actuarial studies section...
im sure u'll find tons of info and opinions on this ^^

flamin'

Asking that is like asking 'What is so good about becoming a doctor' or any other profession.

If you have no interest in Actuarial Studies then don't bother - simple as that. Seeing as you asked 'What is so good about Actuarial' then you have no interest in it. If you want to learn more there's heaps of threads about it.

Personally, I think it is quite a good lifestyle (when you start working) and decent money too. A lot of other professionals have to work very long hours. Actuarials can bludge a bit I think.

RIZAL

HSC
i agree with flamin'....bludge factor is right up there! :) :) :)

(compared with Dr's and lawyers)..

Logix

no flamin', i do like acst but i have read alot on this forum about the things that i have mentioned - the negatives of this field and i am wondering if it is all true.

feng

nah, when ure actually working as an actuary its not bludgey at all

ppl here work from like 9 till 8 and still have work to do at home. depends on how high up you are i guess...if ure the big boss..i guess you could be lazy and get away with it =P

anyway yeah...if u like playing with numbers, simulations blah blah then you might enjoy acst

does anyone remember the onlnie text game utopia?...if you were a hardcore utopia freak (like me ^^) then u'll probably enjoy acst hahaha

flamin'

feng said:
nah, when ure actually working as an actuary its not bludgey at all

ppl here work from like 9 till 8 and still have work to do at home. depends on how high up you are i guess...if ure the big boss..i guess you could be lazy and get away with it =P
Depends on what you do. Your actuaries do a lot of calcs by hand and crap. Investment bankers need to work v long hours too. Consultants don't need to. We are busy at the moment as well because we are trying to get out the version before the end of the year. I feel slack for leaving early (5:30) each day.....

flamin'

Back on topic....

Logix said:
So what are the benefits??????????? And why does everyone want to do this course????
I enjoy it and I am doing well at it.
I enjoy my work - the people are fun.

Actuarials are professionals. They can do a lot in commerce - not strictly Actuarial. You can do Investment Banking, Consulting, Marketing, Software....

aditya

HSC
illl tell u the advantages....

NOT

tell me what uai u got first :cool:

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
it seems kinda boring lol.. j/k, dont get pissed off at me (ppl who r doing it)
i know some ppl who wanna do it coz it leads to really high-paid jobs?

im not doing it.. um. i think i'll go now.

Last edited:

aditya

HSC
lol u need to go and find urself some self esteem... wat u said was fine haha.... dumb ass

ay_caramba

Crazily Sane.
HSC
aditya said:
lol u need to go and find urself some self esteem... wat u said was fine haha.... dumb ass
thanx for ur concern but i do have self esteem.. i just dont know much at all abt actuarial studies, but one of my close friends is planning on doing it so just curious. it doesnt hurt to be cautious, sometimes :p

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
flamin' said:
Mine wasn't useless - it pointed out that your reply was pointless.

I smell another argument coming along...
But that was pointless anyway. It didn't accomplish anything. Therefore, your post was useless.

(It's like point out something is spam - the post which does it is spam itself)

Last edited:

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
flamin' said:
If only you were as nit picky and pedantic with the Actualite..... =P
There wasn't much to be nit picky about - I mean you need stuff to be nit picky about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)