What is so good about being a virgin? (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
panpeter said:
if you look again you might find that Paul didnt write the books of Mark, hebrews, or proverbs, plus proverbs is old testament. ie thousand of years older than Paul himself.

Ps the only one in the references that paul wrote was corinthians, and he makes it clear when it is his own opinion ie
1 Corinthians 7:10"To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord)...." he then changes to "To the rest I say this (I, not the Lord). so he obviously makes it clear when he is speaking and when he is relaying Gods words.

so unless the both of us believe the whole Bible is the word of God the whole argument is in vain. The whole Bible except that which Paul says is his own opinion, however i think that should also be considered as something to be followed as he speaks with wisdom and biblical common sense.
um i know? but the mark and proverbs quote have nothing to do with sex before marriage, they are about being adulterous after you are married

panpeter

HSC
Born Dancer said:
um i know? but the mark and proverbs quote have nothing to do with sex before marriage, they are about being adulterous after you are married
that last part of the Proverbs quote says "[SIZE=-1]Save yourself for your wife and don’t have sex with other women[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]." thats quite clear in what it says.
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]In Mark 10.6-9 from the Bible it says, '[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]… in the beginning God made a man and a woman. That's why a man leaves his father and mother and gets married. He becomes like one person with his wife. Then they are no longer two people, but one. And no one should separate a couple that God has joined together[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]'. [/SIZE]

it doesn't say however "leave you father and mother, have sex with people and see what you like, then if you feel like it get married" and then [SIZE=-1]"He becomes like one person with his wife. Then they are no longer two people, but one. And no one should separate a couple that God has joined together[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]'.

a couple of extras you might like.

[/SIZE]
Hebrews 13:4
4"Let marriage be held in honor by all, and let the marriage bed be kept undefiled; for God will judge fornicators and adulterers." so obviously the marriage bed is defiled through fornication.

and Proverbs 5:18-23 take into account though with this one that who is not your wife is potentially one day someone elses.

But remember in all of this the Gift of God is forgiveness of anything anyone could have done wrong, because we all no we arent perfect. Romans6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

and they say people preach against what they struggle with the most and its quite true in this case, i just know what right and try to do the right thing, but i fail alot, so im not trying to be all high and rightious, just saying the truth

Last edited:

Hampsters-rul

HSC
Tulipa said:
Well? What is so wonderfully fantastic about being a virgin? Why is it such a pure and virtuous thing? and why are people so "Proud To Be A Virgin"?
I will tell you what is so good about it. The fact that i have the feeling that i dont have AIDS or STDs or all that other crap. I would rather be pure then be a sex addict.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Hampsters-rul said:
I will tell you what is so good about it. The fact that i have the feeling that i dont have AIDS or STDs or all that other crap. I would rather be pure then be a sex addict.
rofl, sweet dude. Everytime you have sex you get atleast 100 STDs and have over 9000 babies.

Habibi07

HSC
Tulipa said:
God people get defensive :rolleyes:

I started this thread with the simple question of the thread title looking to find out why people prized such a physical thing. There have been a lot of intangible and vague replies that gesture towards its "special-ness" but I still don't understand why people place such value on virginity or claim to be more "special" because they retain their virginity.
i don't think the fact that i'm a virgin makes me more special at all. i think that when i eventually do have sex, the experience will be more special because it's more than a physical thing. its a physical expression of that which is emotional and spiritual.
and i guess i want to wait till i married because i plan to only sleep with the person i spend the rest of my life with. no one other than my hubby deserves to have something that i see as so important.

and even though the post directly above made me laugh, i still don't want to end up with an std...or freak out about possibly being pregnant. i've seen friends through pregnancy scares, its not fun, and honestly gets a little bit annoying to get worried for them then find out everythings ok each month

Hampsters-rul

HSC
Riet said:
rofl, sweet dude. Everytime you have sex you get atleast 100 STDs and have over 9000 babies.
Im not saying EVERYTIME but there is that possablility you could get STDs and AIDS. And plus i dont want to go through the hell of getting a girl pregnant. I am a proud christian and i am so happy to be a virgin, cant wait till i get married

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
Nice work with the false dichotomy that a relationship can't be special without a marriage certificate. Also you're friends sound pretty stupid, it's not hard to use condoms and/or the pill.

With the Bulldogs next year; that is, the Yale Bul
HSC
Over half of the time they work; like, ~98% of the time.
Hampsters-rul said:
Im not saying EVERYTIME but there is that possablility you could get STDs and AIDS. And plus i dont want to go through the hell of getting a girl pregnant. I am a proud christian and i am so happy to be a virgin, cant wait till i get married
Dude, you have a pretty shitty understanding of the real world.
Admit it.

Hampsters-rul

HSC
I dont care if i have a shitty understanding of "the world" i dont want to be sucked into it.

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Dude, your gonna be thrown and sucked into the real world wether you like it or not. It's called Life.

And, condoms and the pill have both been proven to work 99 percent of the time. You'd have to be pretty unlucky to get the one percent. Even then, the girl could be on the pill at the same time, and that kills it all together (unless your the 0.0005 or something percent, lol). Oh. And condoms prevent most STI, STD's, the rest are like, crabs, which are like head lice... Down there haha. They are easy to get rid of.
(Not speaking from personal experience :D).

Last edited:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Habibi07 said:
i don't think the fact that i'm a virgin makes me more special at all. i think that when i eventually do have sex, the experience will be more special because it's more than a physical thing. its a physical expression of that which is emotional and spiritual.
and i guess i want to wait till i married because i plan to only sleep with the person i spend the rest of my life with. no one other than my hubby deserves to have something that i see as so important.
The idea of it being special is what I'm looking at. You gesture towards it being important and special but you don't have any tangible reasons for why. It being the physical expression of love, etc. is fine but why do you need to have marriage to have that love?

and even though the post directly above made me laugh, i still don't want to end up with an std...or freak out about possibly being pregnant. i've seen friends through pregnancy scares, its not fun, and honestly gets a little bit annoying to get worried for them then find out everythings ok each month
Wow you have shit friends. They should really use condoms/the pill. Also, five bucks says their pregnancy scares are when they're like two days late.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)