What is the best trilogy of books or series? (1 Viewer)

still waiting

HSC
FreakTrigger said:
I won't pretend to be able to make the claim of the greatest series ever, but i can tell you what it's not.

Anything by Victor Kelleher.
im not a big fan of him either but ive only read a couple of his......

FreakTrigger

HSC
N/A
In answer, yes, I've read books by all of them and found all three to have such horrible, simply unreadable styles that it completely mystifies me how they each achieved such popularity...

I realize I'm something of a loud minority in this, but i really can't abide them.

PerfectByNature

I am Jack's wasted life
HSC
yeah, people have different likes and dislikes... you cant really hate someone for not liking something you like, cos chances are you hate something they like

Genesys

HSC
Not the best maybe....but the Bourne Identity series was alright...Better than the movies

Lord of the Rings has to be the best series. They really are quite amazing

koala_face

have you ever noticed how trilogies always drop at the end, its happened to the best of them LOTR's, the matrix, the exception to this rule is the Indiana Jones movies, they win hands down

YBK

w00t! custom status!! :D
HSC
Snoozy_student8 said:
What do you think is not the best book but the best trilogy or serise of books. i'd have to nominate 'His Dark materials' by Phillip Pullman. :)
isn't it spelt as "series" ?

rusty_rouge

HSC
Probably a tie between Lord Of The Rings, and Cecilia Dart-Thornton's Bitterbynde Trilogy. Best Ever.

HSC
'Tillerman Series'- Cynthia Voight...when I was younger I ADORED these books'!
the tomorrow series' was pretty good too :)
OMG! who could forget????!! 'The Chronicles of Narnia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whitneyfaith

woop whoop whoop
HSC
Yeah Tomorrow Series is quite good.
Scarecrow series kicks some ass
Haven't finished them but the Stephanie Plum novels by Janet Evanovich are really quite amusing
My juvenile choice: the Old Kingdom Trilogy by Garth Nix.

Illidan

HSC
for those of you who love sci fi/ fantasy, and are exceptional readers, try the wheel of time series, 11 books so far, each story as good as the last. they may take some time to read however because there is about 10 main characters.

keladry

lady knight
HSC
10? that's a optimistic view =P
there's something like 2000+ named characters in wheel of time - talk about detail!

btw i quite liked the kushiel trilogy by jacqueline carey. dark, unique plot, historically interesting, and the characters are great! a very unique heroine, and an interesting villianess - i was sucked in from the first ^^

Last edited:

bahodl

Currently wearing pants
HSC
The best series is the set of books by Raymond E. Feist, starting with the Magician, that are set on the world of Midkemia. Awesome characters, plots and peripheral information

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
I absolutely loved the Sisterhood series by Ann Brashares and two of Dan Brown's books (Angels and Deomns and Da Vinci Code) and uh..this isn't a series but i also really like most of the books by John Marsden ^^*

lala2

Banned
HSC
HP series, The Shannara trilogy by Terry Brooks, the Trillium trilogy by Marion Zimmer Bradley, LOTR is good but the language is a bit hard to get by, I'm reading the Ancient Future trilogy by Traci Harding at the moment, pretty good. the Legendsong trilogy by Isobel Carmody is also good, but the third book is in progress at the moment.

Diddimz

HSC
1)Dune series was awesome, wheels within wheel within wheels.
2)HHGTTG was a great read
3)LotR third best series you will find

caligem

Uni Dropout
HSC
The original mary poppins quartet (mary poppins, mary poppins comes back, mary poppins opens the door, mary poppins in the park). When i was little i read these at least 100 times....she's such a cow to everyone but somehow she gets away with it...

HNCS

Fanatic
HSC
LORD OF THE RINGS!! lol..
and of course his dark materials..lol read it while sick..oooo...

nwatts

HSC
Dante's The Divine Comedy blows each and everyone of these nominations out of the water. Talk about real literature. No other collection could ever be named as great as this trilogy, nor as influential or important to the history of western writing and art.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)