What is the best way to arrange your study notes? (1 Viewer)

How do you organise/produce your study notes?

• Syllabus Headings

Votes: 36 80.0%
  • Diagrams/Tables

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plaint dot point form

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Palm Cards

Votes: 2 4.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
L

lilsxcwog69

Vote in the poll above to see how other students organise their notes.

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
A mixture of everything.

Well, whatever works the best for you.

volition

arr.
HSC
I don't see why you would have to ONLY organise your things in one of those ways, you could use any combination of them.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Depends on the subject will depend on how notes are organised so it could be one of those or any number of those.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I use summaries + syllabus headings for science and economics. In this way, your notes are well organised and you have your syllabus and notes integrated.

rnitya_25

Abhishek's Rani..
HSC
yeah i do that too...but it differs with each subject. for science subjects, going via syllabus dot points and knowing it all that way is the best, but for subjects like maths, practise and practise is the only way, writing notes for maths is useless. i generally go syllabus points and stuff though.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Do your notes according to the syllabus under the headings and dotpoints
Wherever diagrams and tables help you, use them
midmaps may be helpful to help you remember the headings or dotpoints and can be used as triggers for your content
palm cards, I didn't go for but its meant to help e.g. jacaranda study cards etc.

Steph9

HSC
volition said:
I don't see why you would have to ONLY organise your things in one of those ways, you could use any combination of them.
Definately agree with that. There's just so many different ways of organising your notes. And then it depends on what type of notes your studying. Some require diagrams and point forms to explain them, sometimes if you need to memorise something like mathematical formulae, you might use palm cards. I'd only put them under syllabus headings if the syllabus was that straight forward.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
lilsxcwog69 said:
What is the best way to arrange your study notes?
The "best" way is whatever way works for you. Other than that, there is no "best" method.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
hipsta_jess said:
The "best" way is whatever way works for you. Other than that, there is no "best" method.
Agreed, which is why you should try different methods out and see which is most effective and beneficial towards your learning and study.

P

pLuvia

This poll is way to limited, I use syllabus headings for science, practice for maths (no set way), and just memorise for languages.

Also as everyone has said there is no best way of studying, people could study for 6 hours and get the same amount of work done as a person who studied 2 hours (a little exaggeration, but an example)

mitch_f1

HSC
I do dot points on palm cards>>>>Easy to look at, quick to retrieve...and you can take them out when you know them.

Mitch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)