What is the best way to exfoliate your skin? (1 Viewer)

sirfeathers

HSC
sand. the natural exfoliator.

nah jk jk i use the st ives "apricot scrub" stuff. i just scrub it in after soap in the shower.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
Use a loofah with some body wash/scrub, make sure you moisturise after.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
sorbolene cream and sugar. Put some cream in your hand, add sugar and rub all over your face.

It's awesome.

rach19

HSC
body scrub and a body mit. Ive heard olive oil and coarse salt is good.

DownInFlames

Token Member
where I spend the vast majority of my time
HSC
You can get some great exfoliating scrubs from the body shop, they smell awesome! Just make sure you moisturise afterwards, so you don't go all red.

For my face I use Nivea Visage, it's not bad. But if you go to any supermarket you're sure to find loads of different brands that all do the same thing. It's just cleanser with extra grainy bits in it that take off some of the dead skin as you wash.

jennieTalia

HSC
Basically any scrub with little exfoliating beads in. Tough ones can really hurt sensitive skin, so go for things like the "clean and clear" exfoliator which has soft beads in it for your face.

Proactiv solution's step one is fabulous as an exfoliator. Actually, I recommend the entire solution... but some have given it poor reviews, leading me to think that although it works on my skin it perhaps doesn't on other peoples.

I tend to find the exfoliators from clearasil and such quite harsh, so I would avoid as much as possible.

To exfoliate the rest of your skin:
Exfoliating gloves can be useful as these can be used just to wash you with normal soap and can be used over and over again.

Use a pumice stone and a foot-emery board for your feet. Skin on your feet is tough so exfoliating them and getting rid of dead skin can be quite a chore.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC
sorbolene cream and sugar. Put some cream in your hand, add sugar and rub all over your face.

It's awesome.

Sugar and vasaline is also really really good at turning chapped, dry lips soft and smooth again

Lori.

HSC
get a decent body scrub from a good brand and use it together with scrubbing gloves (just using the gloves with soap is not effective at all, but using them together with a scrub helps to conserve the product)
If you get a sugar or salt based scrub, you have to apply it to dry skin, all other scrubs (like crushed rice based etc...) you should use wet.
Exfoliate your whole body once a week and put on a good moisturiser straight after.

jennieTalia

HSC
Sugar and vasaline is also really really good at turning chapped, dry lips soft and smooth again

I like this idea. Would taste nice as well :)
Did you know that for nervousness you should put vaselline on your teeth, gums and lips to avoid dry-mouth syndrome? :p
We had to do that in drama!

dux&src

just a star-crossed lover
HSC
cleanse each day
tone each day
mosturise each day

and exfoliate once a week =]

make sure you use one that's good for you. It took me a while to find my exfoliator :(.

bluemoon2

HSC
get a decent body scrub from a good brand and use it together with scrubbing gloves (just using the gloves with soap is not effective at all, but using them together with a scrub helps to conserve the product)
If you get a sugar or salt based scrub, you have to apply it to dry skin, all other scrubs (like crushed rice based etc...) you should use wet.
Exfoliate your whole body once a week and put on a good moisturiser straight after.
does exfoliating ur whole body have a lot of an effect? i only exfoliate my face because im lazy, i need my face smooth for makeup, and i cant imagine it working much for my body. exfoliating my whole body would take ages too..

Lori.

HSC
does exfoliating ur whole body have a lot of an effect? i only exfoliate my face because im lazy, i need my face smooth for makeup, and i cant imagine it working much for my body. exfoliating my whole body would take ages too..
yeah it really does make a difference; your moisturiser will work better, you will prevent bacne or ingrowns (yuk lol), you get a closer shave and your skin will get a nice permanent glow :)
It doesnt take me long to exfoliate at all - probably just 5 - 10 minutes in the shower (but with the water off, so who cares how long it takes?).

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
use a chemical exfoliant, like dermalogica's daily microfoliant. it doesnt have rough pieces of shit that can make your facial skin sore or damaged, it just fizzes up with water and breaks down the dead skin.

its awesome.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)