What is the hardest HSC subject? (1 Viewer)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Level 1 isn't a current HSC subject though. If we're going to scour through history to find the hardest HSC subject of all time, then maybe, then maybe it is that.

But if we're considering the question as I think it is intended to be interpreted - that is, 'What is the hardest HSC subject (that is available now)?" then it's MX2.

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
But you can't pretend the HSC is only offered in 2011. It has been offered since 1966. So all courses should be considered.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
@ LOL nice post.. gratz on the 1400.. dbsk fan :pPP..

Matty G LOOL.. he isn't trolling here these days???

SanjoyM

HSC
Personally, Chemistry is definitely one of the most challenging and hardest subjects! Though I enjoy it, sometimes the content can be hard to grasp onto. Nevertheless, it is a fun subject:) If you persevere, you'll DEFINITELY excel at it:)

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, Chemistry is definitely one of the most challenging and hardest subjects! Though I enjoy it, sometimes the content can be hard to grasp onto. Nevertheless, it is a fun subject:) If you persevere, you'll DEFINITELY excel at it:)
lol, i hated chem so much.. i had no passion for it... didn't even know the periodic table lol.. and the teacher wouldn't let me drop rofl...... (althought i had mediocre marks in term 1 year 12)

Lpendes

HSC
Music. Both 1 or 2.
With both you get marked for HSC marks earlier than anyone (except for ITT, VA and some others) on the performance side, the assessments are harder. (i.e in the written exam for mathematics you get and idea of what you are going to write about (what you learnt in that year), you get a formula sheet etc.
Unlike in music, you sit through an hour of music you have most likely never heard before and have to analyze it. Without any helping material.)

Just my 2 cents.

nerd1o1

HSC
well, i think everyone has different capabilities, therefore i don't believe that any subject is harder than the other its just the way you as an individual think, for example there are seven different types of intelligences, these determine the way we learn, if you find that you like the more english, legals SaC, well english based subjects you most probably hate maths and some sciences, i for one think chemistry is hard but then again i don't like maths either so maybe its just cause i can't wrap my head around the whole number thing. someone who loves maths will probably find it hard to right an essay in the usual 40 minutes so its just an individual thing. with the scaling thing i wouldn't pay much attention to since your only really doing the hsc to get to the next step i.e uni wateve, the most important thing is just to maximise your marks in the exams, since thats what your atar is practically based on.

HSC
Uni Grad
The level 1 HSC exams seem to me like university style exams, nevertheless, they're a good intellectual challenge :p

btw are there any solutions for the 1967-1974 exams?

jnney

lemon
HSC
Uhh, you're very misinformed then.

It's obviously Maths Extension 2 - from the general subjects most people take, not factoring into account niche languages and the like. For all intents and purposes, it's Maths Extension 2.
No, I don't think so. This is a personal preference.

HSC
Uni Grad
No, I don't think so. This is a personal preference.
I agree, personal preference. Some others find MX2 hard, I find it easy tbh. But you know what I find hard? trying to understand the essay structure for each module and how to get 17+/20 for English essays =_=

Weezle

HSC
Uni Grad
Not counting extension subjects, I would say either Chemistry or Software Design and Development.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)