What is the HSC examination process actually like? (1 Viewer)

nifkeh

HSC
the examiners are old ladies/men, I got like 3 examiners for 1 IPT exam (about 21 people) in the whole hall

They explain usual stuff in the beginning, except one of the ladies was speaking so mumbly and quiet in the microphone even so I couldn't hear what she was saying. also you can choose whether to leave early (and have your exam collected) - you can leave after the 1st hour and not in the last 30 mins of the exam or so. something like that, (3 hour exam + 5mins reading). they also tell you to take your phone out, turn it off and put them in the front, except mine was turned off in my pocket so cbb (it's not like they pat down you lol)

if you need to go toilet you go put your hand up, they walk down to you and then they have to like kinda sit outside the toilet to watch when you come out, they record your student number and time taken lol, I find this kind of intimidating in a way...

also when you go into the exam, one thing that pissed me off was that you have to take all the crap you need out of your pencilcase and glasses case before going to sit down (or even to find your table in the hall or get within 3m of one). I was stopped by the supervisor guy before the exam for walking into the hall with a pencil case and glasses case so I had to take my crap out before he would let me (they check what;s in your hands). I think you can't walk in with a clear pencil case even. This was completely different to trials/school assessment exams - we got to bring any type of pencil case in, except if it wasn't clear we had to put it under the desk and also unclear drink bottles/ glasses/phones switched off etc.

it was an okay experience, one of the supervisors actually sat on an empty desk in the hall during the exam. lol at least their shoes aren't really noisy and they weren't like unnecessarily pacing up and down or staring at you or other people (or standing in front of you or them). it's okay

in my school internals the supervisors are the teachers at the school, in externals they're just randoms (old people) sent by BOS and probs employed by them

HSC
Uni Grad
Since the Head of Teaching & Learning at my school has a husband that works with the Board of Studies and he does the HSC & SC supervising and he is quite nice and funny.
I get my own room when I do my Japanese exam since I am the only one doing it and apparently the rules about when you are suppose to leave and what not does not apply to me - who else am I going to bother once I finish my exam? The air?
Anyway, usually it takes like 20 minutes to get out and my cohort is tiny - 76 students!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)