what is your dream car? (1 Viewer)

frecklejam

HSC
The GranTurismos are pretty sexy too, 4 seat super cars depreciate fast too so can get them cheaper than a much older Gallardo. Hopefully one day I'll have the means haha.
They'll still be insanely expensive either way, not something I'd be able to afford in a while even with a high salary job.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
They'll still be insanely expensive either way, not something I'd be able to afford in a while even with a high salary job.
Assets > Liabilities

If you believe in delayed gratification, than you could buy one of these cars in cash if you invested your income pretty well. Shares, property or whatever suits you, unless you want to take a loan out for a car and still be paying it off after you have sold the car lol.

Ferrari FF on carsales at the moment for around 400k ish, how much are they retail? Something like 600k +. It has under 2000km on it, shows you how bad the depreciation is on these things.

http://www.carsales.com.au/demo/details/Ferrari-FF-2012/AGC-AD-13863683/?Cr=2

Anna Wintour

HSC
N/A
Assets > Liabilities

If you believe in delayed gratification, than you could buy one of these cars in cash if you invested your income pretty well. Shares, property or whatever suits you, unless you want to take a loan out for a car and still be paying it off after you have sold the car lol.

Ferrari FF on carsales at the moment for around 400k ish, how much are they retail? Something like 600k +. It has under 2000km on it, shows you how bad the depreciation is on these things.

Even if you saved up you'd be raped on insurance and servicing and repairs

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Even if you saved up you'd be raped on insurance and servicing and repairs
Think about it logically, if you were in a position to pay cash for a supercar, do you really think those costs would be significant?

Btw, i don't mean "save up", saving your money in term deposit won't get you far.

Siddy123

HSC
Assets > Liabilities

that is probably the ugliest ferrari i've seen in my life

Addison8100

HSC
The design of your car exposes your status. Ferrari 458 Italians (in red color), my favorite car. Looking simple but nice car. Love it!!!

Last edited:

wannaspoon

ремове кебаб
HSC
Uni Grad
new favourate car...

dat sound, dat car, dat lightweight...

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
As much as I'd love an S2 GT RX8, I just wouldn't say no to an AMG SL65 Black series...

that sound of V12 BITURBO... sounds like a growling tiger

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
I'm undecided on all the amg black series cars. They are like super cars, but not. Definitely not sleepers either.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
You've got the whole prestige thing happening with driving a Merc, along with 661 horsepower at your feet...
The engine in the Sl65 amg actually makes more power than 661BHP but its limited by the computers, otherwise the chassis wouldn't be able to support it.

Definitely not a sleeper though, it does like to make itself heard.

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
You've got the whole prestige thing happening with driving a Merc, along with 661 horsepower at your feet...
The engine in the Sl65 amg actually makes more power than 661BHP but its limited by the computers, otherwise the chassis wouldn't be able to support it.

Just say ECU, computers sounds so noob lol.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC

Yeah, if you were going for prestige I think a c63 or something would be more practical and still fast.

I don't buy the chassis story, plenty of people making massive power in jap/American/Aussie cars and the chassis' hold up fine. But if they meant the car/chassis couldn't effectively put any more power to the ground or it'd be undrivable I'd believe that. If not id say its just been detuned so the engine or drive train doesn't grenade itself.

People in america have made ~1k HP on the old sl55s with intake, exhaust, new turbo and a tune. I think the shop that did that can also get massive gains with a tune alone. But either way is probably a bad idea since I don't think they were very reliable even in stock tune!

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
Just say ECU, computers sounds so noob lol.
same thing :p

Yeah, if you were going for prestige I think a c63 or something would be more practical and still fast.

I don't buy the chassis story, plenty of people making massive power in jap/American/Aussie cars and the chassis' hold up fine. But if they meant the car/chassis couldn't effectively put any more power to the ground or it'd be undrivable I'd believe that. If not id say its just been detuned so the engine or drive train doesn't grenade itself.

People in america have made ~1k HP on the old sl55s with intake, exhaust, new turbo and a tune. I think the shop that did that can also get massive gains with a tune alone. But either way is probably a bad idea since I don't think they were very reliable even in stock tune!

I think the power to weight ratio in the sl65, considering that the Black series is lighter than the normal sl65, would just be ridiculous if the engine power output isn't limited hence making it extremely difficult for the average driver to manage.. just because someone's got a deeper pocket doesn't mean they've got better driving skills lol

But I also don't buy the chassis story,take a look at just how low to the ground it is.. and plus, it's German engineering.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The Supra will be back.

I really like the idea of the 86 and they look pretty good, originally I was planning on getting one in a couple of years once there is a good amount of used ones for sale but i've gone off that idea for no real reason lol.

Amaranth_

HSC
N/A
The 86 looks pretty good, especially the ZN6 GTS versions lol and even better if modified properly but can't overlook the power of a Supra.
Heard that the 86 lacks power...with a boxer engine already at high compression, a turbo wouldn't be a good idea.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
There are already aftermarket super charger kits, if toyota or subaru wanted to a turbo version wouldn't be hard. They'd have to lower the compression ofcourse, I think there is already a production turbo FA motor in Japanese Liberty/Legacy anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)