What is your motivation? (1 Viewer)

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
i just wanna prove myself, and i just wanna see what my best is. also yeah last yr in italian i wanted to come first so me and my best friend could beat this girl who used to be friends with us but stopped talking (like shes in yr 3) and thinks shes so smart etc etc. and we both beat her. but i just wanna see what my best can be. and i like what subjects i do, and if i like it im usually good at it.

HSC
N/A
Point 2: I do not see how uni is economically viable for myself without a scholarship. I will be supporting myself, working whilst at uni, trying to pay of hex at the same time. I will be trying to save enough money to visit my family in france and to participate on some trips to areas of Africa taht NGO's im involved in are located. To do all this I need money. I don't have that much money. Thus I need a scholarship. To get a scholarship I need sexy marks. Thus it is motivation for a good UAI.

P.S. fine. I'll get a year scholarship to Harvard .... *hard*
First point, ok.

Second point, right. Good luck with that. I don't want to sound as if I'm f'ng with you mentally, but it is nigh-impossible for one to get a scholarship to Harvard. Merely getting a position when you're an overseas student is hard enough.

You have to be exceptional, which I don't doubt you aren't; you have to be extremely good.

Also, if you're going to Harvard to simply leech of their reputation, there's little chance you'll get accepted.
alex said:
i just wanna prove myself, and i just wanna see what my best is. also yeah last yr in italian i wanted to come first so me and my best friend could beat this girl who used to be friends with us but stopped talking (like shes in yr 3) and thinks shes so smart etc etc. and we both beat her. but i just wanna see what my best can be. and i like what subjects i do, and if i like it im usually good at it.
Everyone thinks they're so smart, etc., etc.:rolleyes:
Competition, I see.

My motivation has changed to simply kick everyone's ass.

Also (reason here, one could say), my odium for my peers has indubitably increased as of late, for I feel that I am done much injustice and mistreatment. In addition to this, I have learnt that my grade apparently sucks, a "fact" for which I am deeply saddened and feel that indeed develop an echoing sentiment.
Moreover, I have learnt that my school (more likely, grade) will affect my UAI, scaling, and what-have-yous (though obviously not UMAT/LSAT), therefore Uni.
:(

I just want to get into and do a fine (IMO) uni course (that I'm interested in), and then get a fine job, paying a substantial amount (for sure, enough for decent living - no shit).
This is my motivation, in a nutshell.

Telekinetik

ça m'a fait du bien
HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
First point, ok.

Second point, right. Good luck with that. I don't want to sound as if I'm f'ng with you mentally, but it is nigh-impossible for one to get a scholarship to Harvard. Merely getting a position when you're an overseas student is hard enough.

You have to be exceptional, which I don't doubt you aren't; you have to be extremely good.

Also, if you're going to Harvard to simply leech of their reputation, there's little chance you'll get accepted.
Everyone thinks they're so smart, etc., etc.:rolleyes:
Competition, I see.

My motivation has changed to simply kick everyone's ass.

Also (reason here, one could say), my odium for my peers has indubitably increased as of late, for I feel that I am done much injustice and mistreatment. In addition to this, I have learnt that my grade apparently sucks, a "fact" for which I am deeply saddened and feel that indeed develop an echoing sentiment.
Moreover, I have learnt that my school (more likely, grade) will affect my UAI, scaling, and what-have-yous (though obviously not UMAT/LSAT), therefore Uni.
:(

I just want to get into and do a fine (IMO) uni course (that I'm interested in), and then get a fine job, paying a substantial amount (for sure, enough for decent living - no shit).
This is my motivation, in a nutshell.
Lucid, you seem to have an attraction to the semi-colon. :p

My motivation is quite the same as most people's. Mainly, just to wipe the incessant grins off of other people's faces.

HSC
N/A
Only because I'm a r'tard, I'm bumping this thread.
My predilection, and relationship, with the semicolon is absolutely platonic! I swear; I haven't' ever tried to jump the semicolon, otherwise that'd piss off the comma and period.:p

I realise that only my mark truly matters. My emo canto/rant from a month back isn't as pertinent as it was.

undalay

HSC
Telekinetik said:
My motivation is quite the same as most people's. Mainly, just to wipe the incessant grins off of other people's faces.
Why do you hate me so much ):

btw, this thread sure has grown.

sleepplease

HSC
Lucid Scintilla said:
Second point, right. Good luck with that. I don't want to sound as if I'm f'ng with you mentally, but it is nigh-impossible for one to get a scholarship to Harvard. Merely getting a position when you're an overseas student is hard enough..
Hey Lucid,

I want to go to harvard for a year (or semester) because after a friend of mine returned from studying law there (on a scholarship) she told me that NOTHING in Australia compares to it. Nothing compares to the complete submersion in information, the - well she described it as this incredible motivation from every student to go above and beyond everything taht was asked.. a sort of motivation and enthusiasm she hadn't found in Australia - and I want to experience that!!! Also, apparently, they have wonderful oppotunities for being research assistances and working in the justice system etc. whilst still studying (even for scholarship overseas kiddies) .. so that's why I want to go to Harvard!!!

By the way .. I only got in touch with my friend recently so this was not my motivation before. My motivation before was because a friend of mine has been studying in Cambridge and she urged me to try to study overseas because the change in culture is important to broaden one's mind and understand differences and nuances in teaching.

And I'm not extraudinary at all. But I am very determined and very hardworking so hopefully that'll make up for my lack of genius. I mean it's highly unlikely I would get it.. but imagine how great it would be if I did! :) It's important to have aspirations and dreams! :)

HSC
N/A
Melbourne and Monash are good, but they are still far from the top-notch, top-spot Harvard.
I doubt you have a lack of genius, sleepplease, and that you'll be fine in the HSC, so fine that you'll get an offer from that prestigious private university in Massachusetts.:)

My parents are sort of forcing me (and yet they care not for my studies, oddly enough, for who they are and what they've been through/done) to strive for such institutions. Also, my principal may have exhorted me to strive high.

I just don't want to disgrace any family tradition/honor thing, my school, and myself; it's ever so knotty. Getting into MIT/Harvard/John Hopkins/Stanford or local UNSW/USyd aren't really my concerns, nor is getting into Aerospace Engineering, Medicine, Law, Commerce, Economics, or even Housewifery!

Anyhow, I encourage you to aim to higher things, and we're behind you all the way.:)

sleepplease

HSC
What DO you want Lucid? Not what you think you need to do, or what others expect.. but what do YOU want to do? This is important. What they want is important too, but you have to live our life - they dont.

Thanks for the support :) You'll do brilliantly also, I doubt anyone would have valid grounds to consult your intellectual integrity :) Smile!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)