What is your opinion of the current PM, Kevin Rudd? (1 Viewer)

How do you view our current PM, Kevin Rudd?

• Favourably

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Unfavourably

Votes: 36 46.8%

• Total voters

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
also:

I hate how he licks his lips every time he talks, who the fuck does that? I can't concentrate on what he says, I just stare at his lips and wait till he licks it.

:vcross:

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
chicky_pie said:
also:

I hate how he licks his lips every time he talks, who the fuck does that? I can't concentrate on what he says, I just stare at his lips and wait till he licks it.

Perhaps you have a secret desire for something locked away in the depths of your mind? :p

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
chicky_pie said:
also:

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
Schroedinger said:
The Kyoto thing shat me off because it was a MASSIVE waste of taxpayers money.
It's how we roll. Spend millions of dollars on stuff. Like APEC security. :D

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Favourably, because I read in our school newsletter that we are getting our laptops by term 4.

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
im not in high school anymore but i dont understand this laptop thing?! are you really telling me every single student in high school gets a LAPTOP and is allowed to take it home?!

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I'm under the assumption that technically it is about having acess to a laptop, not having one which you can claim as your own.

Muz4PM

HSC
JaredR said:
I'm under the assumption that technically it is about having acess to a laptop, not having one which you can claim as your own.
Hasn't that now been watered down slightly to one desktop computer between two children or something along those lines?

I don't know, it changes so much I can't keep track. :confused:

Last edited:

nerdsforever

hsc zomg
HSC
Howard was mean. Rudd is nicer, but I get the feeling that Rudd seems too soft to handle a country.

TacoTerrorist

HSC
People shouldn't vote for the party that represents their individual best interests. People should vote for the party that represents everyone's best interests/what is the most fair.

I voted Labor because I knew Rudd would stick up for the underdogs in our society and not pander to the wants of the rich like the Liberals. These problems that are getting blown up in the media (high petrol prices, packed public transport, environment etc) were around long before Rudd took power. Before you say 'omg lol the trains are packed' ala katie tully realise that they were packed when John 'Nazi' Howard was in power as well.

ari89

MOSSAD Deputy Director
HSC
N/A
TacoTerrorist said:
Before you say 'omg lol the trains are packed' ala katie tully realise that they were packed when John 'Nazi' Howard was in power as well.
Yeah.
Protip: ALP STATE GOVERNMENT =/= previous Coalition Federal government.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
Rudd wants all to pay for climate except him

KEVIN Rudd wants all Australians to share the pain of increased costs to help save the planet from climate change - except him.

The Prime Minister revealed yesterday he would continue to allow taxpayers to pick up his power and petrol bills.

In the wake of the week's Garnaut report, Mr Rudd was asked if he would pay for power, lighting and heating bills at The Lodge.

The Sunday Herald Sun also asked whether he would start to pay his petrol bills for his chauffeur-driven car.

Mr Rudd's office responded: "The Prime Minister will not be changing the long-standing practices of previous prime ministers in relation to these matters.

"The Prime Minister understands the cost-of-living pressures that confront Australia's working families, carers and seniors.

"He also understands that Australians want the Australian Government to take action on climate change."

Taxpayers pick up the bill for the car and The Lodge.

The Government is set to introduce a national Emissions Trading System by 2010 that will increase the cost of energy bills and fuel in the name of reducing global greenhouse gas emissions.

Mr Rudd has stressed that for a carbon trading system to work, consumers must be hit with a noticeable price rise in order for them to begin reducing greenhouse gas emissions.

Mr Rudd declined to say how much The Lodge and his chauffeur driven car cost taxpayer's last year, referring the Sunday Herald Sun to Government annual reports.

According to Department of Prime Minister and Cabinet portfolio estimates, the cost of running The Lodge and Kirribilli House in Sydney is expected to be $1.8 million this financial year.

Mr Rudd, whose wife, Therese Rein's companies turned over about $260 million last year, also has a taxpayer-subsidised nanny for his youngest son and a taxpayer-funded butler paid $78,000 a year.

Mr Rudd earns $370,000 a year, including allowances.

Last December, after signing the Kyoto Protocol at the Bali Climate Change Summit, Mr Rudd declared: "We must all share the burden."

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23975740-2,00.html

:mad:

Snaykew

HSC
N/A
Clearly we should also tell the US President to drive himself around without all those gas guzzling secret service protection around him and pay for his own bills because he's hurting the environment. THEN our Prime Minister will follow suite!

bawd

HSC
Snaykew said:
Clearly we should also tell the US President to drive himself around without all those gas guzzling secret service protection around him and pay for his own bills because he's hurting the environment. THEN our Prime Minister will follow suite!
Erm. Are we talking about Kevin Rudd or John Howard? :p

Anyway, I never realised that government electricity and petrol bills were paid with taxpayer money, lol. :uhoh: (ignorance is bliss) And I thought the Prime Minister only earned around $150,000-ish?

atreus

HSC
He is too robotic. He should loosen up a bit- be a bit more like Joel Fitzgibbon the "no-bullshit" defence minister.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Felix-x34 said:
He looks like a South Park character
........ no comment. :uhoh:

I like Kevin Rudd. He seems to be doing a decent job up there. I cannot really compare this guy with John Howard anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)